hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Selling CTs and T3 items

  1. #1
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923

    Selling CTs and T3 items

    So I have found a few Mk2 CTs and managed to sell 1 of them, but I just don't know how to get rid of the others.. They are only 25%ers and for light bots (of which there aren't any on the market) so no one seems that interested.. The forum sale threads seem dead, so what would be the best option for selling them?

    Also I have a tone of T3- items.. They sit on the market for ages because no one is that interested in them (because of slightly higher fitting I guess). Again, how do I sell this stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    June 3, 2011
    Posts
    507
    Talk to the CIR

    They're huge faggots irl.

    fake e: first post w/ new forum layout - not impressed.

  3. #3
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohh_No View Post
    Talk to the CIR

    They're huge faggots irl.
    I'm writing this down....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohh_No View Post
    fake e: first post w/ new forum layout - not impressed.
    Yeah im also not that impressed.. But the old forums aren't coming back so meh..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  4. #4
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,501
    CIR what?
    What am i missing?

  5. #5
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    CIR what?
    What am i missing?
    That would be the corp...

    Crimson Imperium Reborn
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  6. #6
    Hehulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    627
    You'll really struggle to sell 25% CTs. Because of the way production works in this game, 25% has massive waste has an astounding amount of excess material usage so almost no-one is going to be prepared to pay good nic for them.

    The reason there arn't any on the market is because of Eptiron, a material you can only mine on the beta islands, something there is a severe lack of right now.

  7. #7
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923
    Its a pity because one of my CTs is for an ewar bot, and those things are WAY better than the mark 1 versions..

    Perhaps NeX could start trying to flood the market with this stuff? To help the game out? And cause prices to come down?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  8. #8
    Hehulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    627
    I think that would probably end badly NeX heading out to betas to mine this stuff I mean

  9. #9

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    824
    yea i got one of the t2 ewar bot bpcs aswell. checked stats tho and it doesnt look that much better at all

  10. #10
    Tailn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    To close to London
    Posts
    4,948
    Not sure about mk2 ewars but apparently a mk2 termis gets a mining rate similar to that of the mk1 riveler, if you happen to find a mk2 termis CT I may well be interested.

  11. #11
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923
    Quote Originally Posted by PraetorNZ View Post
    yea i got one of the t2 ewar bot bpcs aswell. checked stats tho and it doesnt look that much better at all
    Your kidding right? Extra head and leg slot and a bigger ewar bonus. Demobs are a head slot. Hardeners and light frames are leg....
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  12. #12
    Kilabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,501
    I got a Vagabond Mk2 CT 25/25 if someone wants to buy it.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    824
    i seem to have missed the part about slots. all i saw was it was same hp/cap/regen/armor stats and went meh

  14. #14

    Join Date
    July 3, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as production currently sits 25/25 CT's are worthless. You'll actually lose money building them even with max extensions vs. just buying the item. Until that's changed all the scan guys just leave the CT's or are stockpiling them for changes down the road.

  15. #15
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923
    Given that right now you are setting the price for many of these items, if you are losing money at the end then you aren't setting the price high enough. Its simple economics.. When there are literally zero items on the market you have no competition and so can sell them for whatever you want.

    Just because your Mk2 light bot costs more than a heavy mech does not mean its over prices.. Look at eve where T2 frigates cost more than BCs and faction cruisers can cost more than a fitted BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    July 3, 2011
    Posts
    8
    Uhh. Yeah, if your one of those my time is "free" types. I'll put this simply so we all understand. The amount of materials it takes to make anything with a 25/25 CT are worth more than what you can make with them. That right there should tell you you don't have the needed skills or production system in place to make a profit. It's not simple economics at all cause you see a wide open market. Fact is the people that do all the pew pew, lose bots and need more are in corps. A large majority of the pvp corps are communist. They don't use the markets at all. Anything they want/need is produced in house. And since 25/25 CT's suck, they don't get used. This isn't eve where your competing on the market with every Tom, Dick and Harry. Your competing with enormous production backbones with maxed out toons who have every material at their disposal in massive quantities. But hey if your time is "free" by all means flood the market with overpriced Mk2 lights. Let me know if you move them, for how much and how long it takes to get rid of them.

  17. #17
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Staxx View Post
    I'll put this simply so we all understand. The amount of materials it takes to make anything with a 25/25 CT are worth more than what you can make with them.
    You missed my point.. There are no Mk2 light bots on the market. Lets say the 'market value' for them is say 10Mil NIC but there are none there, so the 'market value' is useless. If it costs you 15Mil NIC to make (materials and time), put them on the market for 20Mil NIC. Sure that's double the market value, but unless you have access to a corp that produces them for the actual market value then you have no choice but to buy at this price.. 'Market value' is a figure set by the players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Staxx View Post
    This isn't eve where your competing on the market with every Tom, Dick and Harry. Your competing with enormous production backbones with maxed out toons who have every material at their disposal in massive quantities.
    So its exactly like eve then. The ONLY difference is that eves market is massive and POs isn't. This is what is giving you the disadvantage not that someone has more skills than you (which take a few months to build up in this game).
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  18. #18
    Tailn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    To close to London
    Posts
    4,948
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    You missed my point.. There are no Mk2 light bots on the market. Lets say the 'market value' for them is say 10Mil NIC but there are none there, so the 'market value' is useless. If it costs you 15Mil NIC to make (materials and time), put them on the market for 20Mil NIC. Sure that's double the market value, but unless you have access to a corp that produces them for the actual market value then you have no choice but to buy at this price.. 'Market value' is a figure set by the players.



    So its exactly like eve then. The ONLY difference is that eves market is massive and POs isn't. This is what is giving you the disadvantage not that someone has more skills than you (which take a few months to build up in this game).
    Sounds to me like we need to reduce the ability of the beta corps to produce. Pity we can't hurt them in the alpha islands brings nice spin to the term 'market warfare' .

  19. #19

    Join Date
    July 3, 2011
    Posts
    8
    I didn't miss your point at all. To say this is exactly like eve pretty much show's your going to read this how you want. If your so convinced the market is wide open and your 25/25 ct's are a future goldmine by all means proceed. The fact you made a thread about not being able to move 25/25 cts really should have been enough to tell you what you need to know.

    And no this isn't exactly like eve. The fact the only corps losing bots don't use the market should be a bit of a clue about that. Then again what do I know.

    And btw, if you would like to interrupt some corps production. Not every piece you need to build bots is on Alpha islands. Just a hint for you.

  20. #20
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Staxx View Post
    The fact you made a thread about not being able to move 25/25 cts really should have been enough to tell you what you need to know.
    Actually I made the thread because I honestly didn't know how to sell them, be they 25, 50 or 75.. Cant sell to market and no contract system. The sales board on the PO site is full of much much better stuff and no one looks at it (or seems to anyway). The one success I had was spamming in to general chat and TBQH that's a shit way to do it.

    The market is underused because of the lack of population and no other reason. You simply CANT be production only because you CANT get all of the goods yourself and you CANT buy them off market. There is no reason why this wont change with the influx of eve players other than existing corps dont want it to change.

    I honestly hate to say this, but its becoming quite clear that existing players don't actually want the game to grow (or at least don't know how to grow the game) because the exclude new players from everything as much as possible. If you don't know someone already playing its VERY hard to do anything other than stomp around doing PvE missions (and wow has a better PvE system so I dont know why you would bother). Its true that if you stick it out for a bit you'll find some nice people who will be happy to help you (I've already found some thankyou for asking) but without this (and the game doesn't make this easy, you pretty much have to talk non-stop in general for people to notice you) the quit rate must be very high in the first few months of play.

    So IMO the biggest drawback of PO so far has been the general attitude of existing PO players... Which you very happily demonstrate in your 'ive been playing longer than you so what i say is right and you know nothing' post.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •