hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34350515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1186

Thread: 2018 FOOTBALL World Cup - IT'S (not) COMING HOME IT'S (not) COMING HOME

  1. #1041
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    You’ve got this really wrong, unsurprisingly.
    What, that you lot can't take the shit you throw out back, ever, and instead get really upset?

    Yup, sums up some of you pretty well.
    No, this isn’t it at all.

  2. #1042
    dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5, 2012
    Posts
    2,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Wow. Much class.

    https://twitter.com/VJesenicnik/stat...42515265429506

    Edit: How do you embed tweet?

    Google says "England tried to exploit a loophole in the rulebook following Croatia’s goal, however. Seeing that all of the opposition outfield players were out of their half, they restarted play from kickoff in an attempt to score. According to FIFA law, you are allowed to resume play if all of the opposing team’s outfield personnel are off the pitch."


    The ref stopped them before they could score because you know, he didnt want to start a 3rd world war by allowing it to go in.

    )
    Ok, some IDIOT claimed it to be true, some more IDIOTS in mainstream media took it and run with it, without actually investigating the rules. You know, click-bait "journalists" working for daily web portals. Refereeing experts basically laughed at that, and in 2 days came rebuttal.

    As it turns out there is NOTHING in rules about that idiotic "all players left the field, we can quickly kick off and score on empty goal" which is a definition of fake news, and testament to fact that journalism is dead corpse, and anyone can print/write anything they fucking please.

    However, there is a rule that referee gives a kick-off signal when both teams are in their respective HALF PITCH, and that negates this stupid rumor.

  3. #1043
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    To be honest I've come across very few non-english people who understand 'its coming home' as we do
    Not to be more of a cunt than I usually am, but is that surprising? England won 1 WC half a century ago. Uruguay won it 68 years ago. No one sees England as regular wc winning material. Except the English. I know football history and english culture etc etc, but no one outside England really cares all that much. You should see the drama here in Switzerland every time there's a wc or uefa cup. The Swiss set up this huge amount of expectations that their team might just, just this once, make it to the quarter finals and then the whole thing falls apart and everybody pretends not to care until next time. In other words, I think most nations that are half passionate about football have their dream of the cup coming to them.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  4. #1044
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    22,060
    Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Wow. Much class.

    https://twitter.com/VJesenicnik/stat...42515265429506

    Edit: How do you embed tweet?

    Google says "England tried to exploit a loophole in the rulebook following Croatia’s goal, however. Seeing that all of the opposition outfield players were out of their half, they restarted play from kickoff in an attempt to score. According to FIFA law, you are allowed to resume play if all of the opposing team’s outfield personnel are off the pitch."


    The ref stopped them before they could score because you know, he didnt want to start a 3rd world war by allowing it to go in.

    )
    Ok, some IDIOT claimed it to be true, some more IDIOTS in mainstream media took it and run with it, without actually investigating the rules. You know, click-bait "journalists" working for daily web portals. Refereeing experts basically laughed at that, and in 2 days came rebuttal.

    As it turns out there is NOTHING in rules about that idiotic "all players left the field, we can quickly kick off and score on empty goal" which is a definition of fake news, and testament to fact that journalism is dead corpse, and anyone can print/write anything they fucking please.

    However, there is a rule that referee gives a kick-off signal when both teams are in their respective HALF PITCH, and that negates this stupid rumor.
    So, then...wtf where those 3 Ingerlund dudes trying to do ?
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  5. #1045
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Wow. Much class.

    https://twitter.com/VJesenicnik/stat...42515265429506

    Edit: How do you embed tweet?

    Google says "England tried to exploit a loophole in the rulebook following Croatia’s goal, however. Seeing that all of the opposition outfield players were out of their half, they restarted play from kickoff in an attempt to score. According to FIFA law, you are allowed to resume play if all of the opposing team’s outfield personnel are off the pitch."


    The ref stopped them before they could score because you know, he didnt want to start a 3rd world war by allowing it to go in.

    )
    Ok, some IDIOT claimed it to be true, some more IDIOTS in mainstream media took it and run with it, without actually investigating the rules. You know, click-bait "journalists" working for daily web portals. Refereeing experts basically laughed at that, and in 2 days came rebuttal.

    As it turns out there is NOTHING in rules about that idiotic "all players left the field, we can quickly kick off and score on empty goal" which is a definition of fake news, and testament to fact that journalism is dead corpse, and anyone can print/write anything they fucking please.

    However, there is a rule that referee gives a kick-off signal when both teams are in their respective HALF PITCH, and that negates this stupid rumor.
    So, then...wtf where those 3 Ingerlund dudes trying to do ?
    keeping warm, don't want cold muscles m8

  6. #1046
    dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5, 2012
    Posts
    2,138
    Trying to score, because they don't know the actual rules.

    You could also see in one of first England games Tripper didnt celebrate goal, stayed in bounds. Also Portugal, Jose Fonte got signaled to stay in pitch while everyone was celebrating with Ronaldo. Due to a ghost rule..

  7. #1047
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    To be honest I've come across very few non-english people who understand 'its coming home' as we do
    Can you explain it, because I seriously don't get it.

    England invented football, has a strong league filled with talent from abroad. Not to mention that richer nations tend to do better anyway due to ability to invest in training. Yet their record at international tournaments is abysmal. Yet when you hear English football fans, they seem to be always convinced that this time around they'll win and turn into barbarians the second they don't.

    So yeah, I don't get the obsession.

      Spoiler:
    BTW, since this amused us for way too long, do you guys still see Germany as your biggest rival?


    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  8. #1048
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    17,057
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    To be honest I've come across very few non-english people who understand 'its coming home' as we do
    Not to be more of a cunt than I usually am, but is that surprising? England won 1 WC half a century ago. Uruguay won it 68 years ago. No one sees England as regular wc winning material. Except the English. I know football history and english culture etc etc, but no one outside England really cares all that much. You should see the drama here in Switzerland every time there's a wc or uefa cup. The Swiss set up this huge amount of expectations that their team might just, just this once, make it to the quarter finals and then the whole thing falls apart and everybody pretends not to care until next time. In other words, I think most nations that are half passionate about football have their dream of the cup coming to them.
    This post is just demonstrating your don't understand what's going on at, proving my point

    It's a form of self deprecating hope. We believe it's coming home because it's a banging footie anthem and it's more fun than not believing. It's not a means to an end. It is what it is.

    Club football is still massively more of an emotional investment for english fans, the euros and the world cup are festivals of football. It's a very different mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  9. #1049

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,243
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    No one sees England as regular wc winning material. Except the English.
    Are you insane? We are the LEAST likely to every think we're going to win. We have so little optimism in our national team that it's basicalyl a running joke.

    That's exactly why this year was so out of the ordinary.....people actually started to believe in the team in a bit. Even then i doubt you'd find anybody outside of realy loons that actually thought we'd win the cup.

    People just don't get the British "lol, we fucking suck but lets go nuts anyway" stance.

    TBH i blame our media. its what outsiders mostly see and it doesn't work at all.

  10. #1050
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    To be honest I've come across very few non-english people who understand 'its coming home' as we do
    Can you explain it, because I seriously don't get it.

    England invented football, has a strong league filled with talent from abroad. Not to mention that richer nations tend to do better anyway due to ability to invest in training. Yet their record at international tournaments is abysmal. Yet when you hear English football fans, they seem to be always convinced that this time around they'll win and turn into barbarians the second they don't.

    So yeah, I don't get the obsession.

      Spoiler:
    BTW, since this amused us for way too long, do you guys still see Germany as your biggest rival?


    Tapapapatalk
    It’s just self-deprecating humour mate, very British and never meant in bad faith - at least not from me.

  11. #1051
    dominus's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5, 2012
    Posts
    2,138



    A surprisingly good analysis by old football players. Called out Southgate due to tactical failures. You can see they know their shit, pitch-tactics wise.

  12. #1052

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,243
    I mean the answer to the question is just "Yes".

    Croatia absolutely deserve to be in the final.

  13. #1053
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    No one sees England as regular wc winning material. Except the English.
    Are you insane? We are the LEAST likely to every think we're going to win. We have so little optimism in our national team that it's basicalyl a running joke.

    That's exactly why this year was so out of the ordinary.....people actually started to believe in the team in a bit. Even then i doubt you'd find anybody outside of realy loons that actually thought we'd win the cup.

    People just don't get the British "lol, we fucking suck but lets go nuts anyway" stance.

    TBH i blame our media. its what outsiders mostly see and it doesn't work at all.
    From the outside your hooligans/hardcore fans don't look like they are in on some sort of joke. They seem pretty serious about your team's success.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  14. #1054
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,908
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    No one sees England as regular wc winning material. Except the English.
    Are you insane? We are the LEAST likely to every think we're going to win. We have so little optimism in our national team that it's basicalyl a running joke.

    That's exactly why this year was so out of the ordinary.....people actually started to believe in the team in a bit. Even then i doubt you'd find anybody outside of realy loons that actually thought we'd win the cup.

    People just don't get the British "lol, we fucking suck but lets go nuts anyway" stance.

    TBH i blame our media. its what outsiders mostly see and it doesn't work at all.
    From the outside your hooligans/hardcore fans don't look like they are in on some sort of joke. They seem pretty serious about your team's success.

    Tapapapatalk
    As, unsurprisingly, most hooligans are.

  15. #1055

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    No one sees England as regular wc winning material. Except the English.
    Are you insane? We are the LEAST likely to every think we're going to win. We have so little optimism in our national team that it's basicalyl a running joke.

    That's exactly why this year was so out of the ordinary.....people actually started to believe in the team in a bit. Even then i doubt you'd find anybody outside of realy loons that actually thought we'd win the cup.

    People just don't get the British "lol, we fucking suck but lets go nuts anyway" stance.

    TBH i blame our media. its what outsiders mostly see and it doesn't work at all.
    From the outside your hooligans/hardcore fans don't look like they are in on some sort of joke. They seem pretty serious about your team's success.

    Tapapapatalk
    What nations hooligans don't look serious? And don't tell me other nations don't have them, ours aren't even close to the worst these days.

  16. #1056
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,317
    They remembered they were late for a cuppa

  17. #1057
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,119
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    To be honest I've come across very few non-english people who understand 'its coming home' as we do
    Not to be more of a cunt than I usually am, but is that surprising? England won 1 WC half a century ago. Uruguay won it 68 years ago. No one sees England as regular wc winning material. Except the English. I know football history and english culture etc etc, but no one outside England really cares all that much. You should see the drama here in Switzerland every time there's a wc or uefa cup. The Swiss set up this huge amount of expectations that their team might just, just this once, make it to the quarter finals and then the whole thing falls apart and everybody pretends not to care until next time. In other words, I think most nations that are half passionate about football have their dream of the cup coming to them.
    Yeah, don't all nations do this? I don't think most English expected us to win, but it's a nice bit of national identity/shitposting

  18. #1058

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    They remembered they were late for a cuppa
    That's an entirely different issue, and results in a justified and pure rage.

  19. #1059
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,311
    Football is the faith fuelled Church of the modern era.

    Fanatics gonna fanatic.

    :Shrug:

  20. #1060
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post



    A surprisingly good analysis by old football players. Called out Southgate due to tactical failures. You can see they know their shit, pitch-tactics wise.
    I still think the biggest issue is that Croatia played until the final whistle and England didn't. Yes, the English showed some lack of experience in passing etc, but they are definitely talented and they're faster. France is almost certainly going to suffer from the same lack of perseverance if they get ahead before the Croats, and the Croats will almost certainly punish them for it.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •