hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 354243444546474855 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 FOOTBALL World Cup - IT'S (not) COMING HOME IT'S (not) COMING HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    nah mate, this is englands hour, well see them trounce some slavs tonight then its off to the finals, its gonna be a bigger victory than agincourt
    I have a feeling the French will be a tad less retarded than the leadership they had at Agincourt, but we can hope.
    Assuming we get there, and again.....those Croats are bloody tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    Well, that felt a lot like a final match yesterday, with the rest of the tournament remaining just a formality. Lots of pretty good football from a technical and tactical pov, just not too entertaining thanks to the way the French defended.

It's kind of a shame extreme defense & counterplaying is the name of the game for most of this tournament.
    Football has always been a low scoring game. This has been a good world cup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Well, that felt a lot like a final match yesterday, with the rest of the tournament remaining just a formality. Lots of pretty good football from a technical and tactical pov, just not too entertaining thanks to the way the French defended.

It's kind of a shame extreme defense & counterplaying is the name of the game for most of this tournament.
    it's almost like defending is far less exhausting and playing to win tires your players out more than playing to not-lose.

I rarely watch games except for euro-/worldcup, but this has easily been the best one I can remember.
    Last edited by Stoffl; July 11 2018 at 11:38:41 AM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

it's almost like defending is far less exhausting and playing to win tires your players out more than playing to not-lose.
    It's also easier to organise a defence for a team that infrequently plays with other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I think England will win tonight. They're much younger and definitely have better ball control, a better goalie and extremely well trained set pieces. Croatia's biggest strength is their ability to play up until the final bell.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I havent really felt that too much tbh, and so far this Cup is on track to get close to the all time record for amount of goals scored at a World Cup. 158 to date, 3 matches to go....record is 171. Obviously unlikely to beat that but it doesn't suggest too much over defensiveness.

Personally i think it has been a belter of a tournament.
    I feel like you've watched a different tournament than I did. It was all strong defense and fast counters. The two best teams played last night.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

The tournament has been awesome, you negative nellies are full of it.

Incidentally I have also become massively interested in football over the last few weeks and am now basically a hooligan.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post

Incidentally I have also become massively interested in football over the last few weeks and am now basically a hooligan.

This always happens to me during international tournaments. I have it on good authority that club Football is "better"....more skilled, faster paced etc. And i believe it. I simply don't give a shit, unlike national teams going at it.

This always happens to me during international tournaments. I have it on good authority that club Football is "better"....more skilled, faster paced etc. And i believe it. I simply don't give a shit, unlike national teams going at it.
    I largely agree with this. The beauty of international football is that it's not a case of biggest chequebook wins, which often happens when clubs play each other. Also, everyone you meet supporting the same team feels nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Croatia vs Belgium would be a good retirement party
    Twilight of golden generations who both failed..

Let's not pretend it's anything but your team doing good for a change.

Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Croatia vs Belgium would be a good retirement party
    Twilight of golden generations who both failed..
    Being fair to Belgium, they're a relatively young team - only Kompany, Mertens, Vermaelen, and Vertonghen are over 30. All of them are likely to be around to contest the next Euros, and most of them will probably play in the next World Cup as well, so they'll have another two cracks at a major title.

I just realized that if Croatia beats England tonight I'll be watching the finals against France in France

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Let's not pretend it's anything but your team doing good for a change.
    Nah, i can take plenty of enjoyment at the old England tems being crushed too

Darn it, I forgot that ITV are showing the England vs Croatia game. Why is Bilic pitchside & not in the pundit room? Could have had a good fight & all we're gonna get now is a circle jerk

edit: Is it just me, or has the coverage become more of a sausage fest since the group stages?
    Last edited by Lancehot; July 11 2018 at 05:56:33 PM.

Gin & Tonic ready. COME ON ENGERLAND

JEBAĆEMO VAM SVE PO SPISKU