hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 FOOTBALL World Cup - IT'S (not) COMING HOME IT'S (not) COMING HOME

After so many years of FHC/SHC, i'm surprised people don't understand the English better by now.

We don't actually mean basically anything we say if it's positive or optimistic. At best it's wry amusement and self deprecating humour, and at worst it's just our desperate search for a glimmer of hope in our terrible, terrible [INSERT SUBJECT HERE].

That being said, Sweden do look a bit shit and it's coming home viking bitches.

Vikings are already home, mate.

F Iceland

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Wow, you guys actually think you're getting past Sweden don't you? Is it the win against Panama (lol) and making it to a penalty shootout that leads you to be so confident of this?

If Sweden had strikers with a sense of direction I'd give you a 20% chance to go through but since we don't I'd say it's fifty fifty. Actually I'd say 60-40 in Englands favour since Southgate seems to be on the ball regarding Sweden's qualities. This time the English team won't be surprised so maybe the English public won't have to be either.
    m8. its coming home. just accept it.
    I would tell you there is NO WAY you would pass us Croatians, but i dont think you will pass Sweden anyway, so its a moot point..

Real talk England are pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Ehhhh...we're ok. Not too happy with our ability to score from open play tbh, since teams aren't going to keep feeding us penalties and corners.

On a more serious note, i am scared shitless of Russia game. I know for a fact we are better in every fucking position - but host nation, 200milion Russians.

i believe is 50/50.

Maybe another Penalty shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Ehhhh...we're ok. Not too happy with our ability to score from open play tbh, since teams aren't going to keep feeding us penalties and corners.
    I think the quality's there, but it does remain to be seen whether we can start converting set plays.

I think the quality's there, but it does remain to be seen whether we can start converting set plays.
    Pretty much. We CAN score normally with the players we have, but we aren't. Which is really my main concern.

Pretty much. We CAN score normally with the players we have, but we aren't. Which is really my main concern.
    It's bound to happen eventually, meanwhile your set pieces are the best in the tournament. And not by a little either.

Also Harry Kane, I think I might love that man. A far cry from all the spoiled young football millionaires that England has brought forth in the past. Talented, hard working with a head that isn't the size of the Hindenburg. You gotta love him.

Just not tomorrow.

It's bound to happen eventually, meanwhile your set pieces are the best in the tournament. And not by a little either.

Also Harry Kane, I think I might love that man. A far cry from all the spoiled young football millionaires that England has brought forth in the past. Talented, hard working with a head that isn't the size of the Hindenburg. You gotta love him.

Just not tomorrow.
    Kane is pretty fantastic for sure.

however, he does have a dog named after Tom Brady so thats a negative point against him.

Just not tomorrow.

however, he does have a dog named after Tom Brady so thats a negative point against him.
    That can be forgiven.
      Spoiler:

Daaaw

Also Good luck Croatia!

Just not tomorrow.

That can be forgiven.
      Spoiler:

Daaaw

Also Good luck Croatia!
    .....ok, you win this round.

Daaaw indeed.

Just not tomorrow.
    Yeh man for once the team isn’t composed of wall to wall tossers.

Just not tomorrow.

That can be forgiven.
      Spoiler:

Daaaw

Also Good luck Croatia!
    .....ok, you win this round.

Daaaw indeed.
    Original image:
      Spoiler:

Yeh man for once the team isnít composed of wall to wall tossers.

Aye. Didn't mean to exclude the rest of the team. Southgate has done a proper job picking his players and beating some sense into them.

Heh just heard on the radio that Harry Kane alone is valued more than double than that of the entire Swedish team.

Man... I'm starting to feel physically ill for this game already. I honestly felt fairly confident but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Man... I'm starting to feel physically ill for this game already. I honestly felt fairly confident but...
    I have to say that of all the teams left in the tournament, if England have to lose....i'm glad it means Sweden go further. Big love <3

Predictions?

Those are mine:

URU 1-2 FRANCE

BRASIL 1 - 1 BELGIUM (belgium wins penalties)

SWEDEN 1 - 1 ENGLAND (sweden wins penalties)

RUSSIA 1 - 2 CROATIA

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    (sweden wins penalties)
    Awww come on that's just mean. We only just got over one curse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    I have to say that of all the teams left in the tournament, if England have to lose....i'm glad it means Sweden go further. Big love <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.