hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 54552535455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1186

Thread: 2018 FOOTBALL World Cup - IT'S (not) COMING HOME IT'S (not) COMING HOME

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Suggestion it may have been "no surrender" within the national anthem
    That’d be odd if so. What’s wrong with “no surrender”?
    It has some unfortunate connotations

Unauthorised socks as well, shocking England scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Suggestion it may have been "no surrender" within the national anthem
    That’d be odd if so. What’s wrong with “no surrender”?
    It has some unfortunate connotations
    Ohhhhhh.

Well, chalk one up to my naivety there then.

No surrender to the IRA!

Croatia absolutely deserve it, their guts, their determination and experience was telling in the end.
    Maybe the occasion got to the England players a bit which is understandable in a way. Once you start playing
    the long ball and over-egg the back passes well as I far as I am concerned you have lost control of the game.

This thread seems to think we somehow outrun England squad, which is definitely NOT the case..
    Lamestream media also enforces that stupidity with their reporting, nothing new there.. I have some experience with that, so i can tell you - Sheer will WILL NOT make you run faster/longer when you are gassed, no matter what idiot journalist will make you believe. So, where is the secret? Why did it LOOK we run them out of park in second quarter?

Stat sheet:

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matche...tch-statistics

Croatia 143km - England 148km

The secret that it LOOKS like we outrun them in second half lies here:

Croatia passes 622 (494) - England passes 479(377)

In second half Modrić and Rakitić took over midfiled in a way they can receive ball, hold it for 2-5 seconds without loosing it (or combine between themselves and wing/back without loosing it), and than pass to other flank.
    (That didnt happen in first half, they could NOT do it, therefore England midfielders were up high, pressuring out last back line strongly, they had to backtrack, and pass back to GK for a useless long kick, which English towers win easily. That was period of total England dominance.)

BUT, when Modrić and Rakitić managed to control the ball for 5 seconds and switch flanks
    , that forces England midfielders to come back and pressure our wings, therefore leaving our Strinic LB and Vrsaljko RB to receive ball uncontested and advance up the field. They come to England defensive block at 40meters from goal, where its properly defended and THAN they again switch flank. A ball is faster than humans, and than usually Vrsaljko is ALONE on other flank, receiving ball uncontested and ready for a cross, or 1-on-1 with defender.

Do note that England defensive block (which is by that time 5-4 with Kane alone in front) HAS to run lateral to defend other flank and that is simply NOT SEEN much on TV screen due to angle.. You will notice strong front-back runs at the ball easily on TV, left-right not so much, especially without the ball.. and that is VERY tiresome to do on a regular basis, and very DEMORALIZING when you run to cover all that space and not getting nowhere near winning the ball - without them making a mistake..

So the only difference between first and second half - which is total dominance of Eng/Cro team - is sheer genius of Modrić/Rakitić who can do everything with a ball, and can orchestrate both flanks under pressure without loosing the ball. And you dont have such a player in your team. Who is midfield fantasista now? Wilshire? Lalana? who can fill that role?

IMHO, your manager, who i love and respect made a mistake of not changing the play when he saw what is happening, he changed only player for player, not positions. It would be MUCH more productive to put 2 DM (Henderson and Dyer at same time?) who will pressure Croatian magicians in midfield and break up that system they established. Result would have been different..

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    This thread seems to think we somehow outrun England squad, which is definitely NOT the case..
    Lamestream media also enforces that stupidity with their reporting, nothing new there.. I have some experience with that, so i can tell you - Sheer will WILL NOT make you run faster/longer when you are gassed, no matter what idiot journalist will make you believe. So, where is the secret? Why did it LOOK we run them out of park in second quarter?

Stat sheet:

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matche...tch-statistics

Croatia 143km - England 148km

The secret that it LOOKS like we outrun them in second half lies here:

Croatia passes 622 (494) - England passes 479(377)

In second half Modrić and Rakitić took over midfiled in a way they can receive ball, hold it for 2-5 seconds without loosing it (or combine between themselves and wing/back without loosing it), and than pass to other flank.
    (That didnt happen in first half, they could NOT do it, therefore England midfielders were up high, pressuring out last back line strongly, they had to backtrack, and pass back to GK for a useless long kick, which English towers win easily. That was period of total England dominance.)

BUT, when Modrić and Rakitić managed to control the ball for 5 seconds and switch flanks
    , that forces England midfielders to come back and pressure our wings, therefore leaving our Strinic LB and Vrsaljko RB to receive ball uncontested and advance up the field. They come to England defensive block at 40meters from goal, where its properly defended and THAN they again switch flank. A ball is faster than humans, and than usually Vrsaljko is ALONE on other flank, receiving ball uncontested and ready for a cross, or 1-on-1 with defender.

Do note that England defensive block (which is by that time 5-4 with Kane alone in front) HAS to run lateral to defend other flank and that is simply NOT SEEN much on TV screen due to angle.. You will notice strong front-back runs at the ball easily on TV, left-right not so much, especially without the ball.. and that is VERY tiresome to do on a regular basis, and very DEMORALIZING when you run to cover all that space and not getting nowhere near winning the ball - without them making a mistake..

So the only difference between first and second half - which is total dominance of Eng/Cro team - is sheer genius of Modrić/Rakitić who can do everything with a ball, and can orchestrate both flanks under pressure without loosing the ball. And you dont have such a player in your team. Who is midfield fantasista now? Wilshire? Lalana? who can fill that role?

IMHO, your manager, who i love and respect made a mistake of not changing the play when he saw what is happening, he changed only player for player, not positions. It would be MUCH more productive to put 2 DM (Henderson and Dyer at same time?) who will pressure Croatian magicians in midfield and break up that system they established. Result would have been different..
    Tldr lol go France

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Dunno what the lamestream media have been saying; but the ITV commentators had spotted what was happening in midfield in the first half. One can only assume it was something England simply didn't have a counter to.

If only we had a lampard or Gerrard in this generation instead of both arriving at the same time
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

People were getting tattoos of England as winners.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44805960

Quote Originally Posted by Glyken Touchon View Post

Hahaha, idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Glyken Touchon View Post

That's a bold move cotton
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Happens every time lol

I wonder if there is a correlation between the type of people that do retarded shit like this... and the people who vote in favour of Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I wonder if there is a correlation between the type of people that do retarded shit like this... and the people who vote in favour of Brexit?
    I know its hard right now, but could we try not to bring Brexit into everything? its fucking depressing.
    (not saying you're wrong mind you....).

I know its hard right now, but could we try not to bring Brexit into everything? its fucking depressing.
    Apologies.

Apologies.
    Its cool. I'm just so sick of it infecting everything, everywhere, every day. The football has been a nice break

"No Surrender" has secterian connatations here in Northern Ireland, but not sure why it would for England fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss View Post
    "No Surrender" has secterian connatations here in Northern Ireland, but not sure why it would for England fans.
    I was curious after looking it up, and nobody is entirely sure why it was even used. Here's the leading theory:

"It is assumed that the adoption of the song came from mixing between Rangers fans - some of whom had loyalist sympathies - and English fans in the 1980s, says Lyons. After 1985, English clubs were banned from European competition after the deaths of 39 Juventus fans in a European Cup final with Liverpool.

During the ban, some English fans started to follow Rangers in Europe and there were Rangers fans who supported England. The song - which seems linked to Northern Irish unionist or loyalist politics - may have been adopted at this point, says Lyons."

Most people probably don#t even understand wtf it is tbh.

let's see into the future...

FIFA president Gianni Infantino has announced that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will take place from November 21st to December 18th.
    Maybe it's not late to put Santa as mascot...

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    let's see into the future...

FIFA president Gianni Infantino has announced that the 2022 World Cup in Qatar will take place from November 21st to December 18th.
    Maybe it's not late to put Santa as mascot...
    He can bring England football home as a present!

yes, this meme will never die now.