hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Countdown to [Saturday]

Countdown to [Saturday]

Saturday

The 11.11 sale starts in just under 4 hours ...

... oh and our government is now sitting as a minority, as yet another parliamentarian has been forced to resign for violating section 44 of the federal constitution.

Last night it was also revealed that the leader of one of the minor parties (the Greens) is seeking advice on asking the Governor-General about dissolving Parliament over what is now being called the citizenship crisis.

So this last happened back in 1975 and is known as the Whitlam dismissal. Which we now know was a little bit shady. It saw the removal of a Labor government from power and now all these years later, we might see the same thing happen to the Liberal/National coalition behind the events of 1975.

Turnabout is fair play & all. Although it's interesting to note the person seeking advice on prompting a new dismissal is the leader of the same party whose two senators precipitated the crisis by disclosing their unintentional violation & resigning.

The first senator also recently posted this classic meme to social media:

So yeah, 'straya.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Saturday

A sale sounds more like an American way to celebrate remembrance day. Storm the Walmart in honour of our fallen troops?

Your political situation still sounds healthy enough that I'm jealous, despite dismissals.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Saturday

A sale sounds more like an American way to celebrate remembrance day. Storm the Walmart in honour of our fallen troops?

Your political situation still sounds healthy enough that I'm jealous, despite dismissals.
    Well it's a sale in China, so presumably they're celebrating fewer white devils.

As for politics, we still have fewer AK-47s than registered voters so we've got that going for us. Naturally, we still have our fair share of dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Saturday

Well it's a sale in China, so presumably they're celebrating fewer white devils.

As for politics, we still have fewer AK-47s than registered voters so we've got that going for us. Naturally, we still have our fair share of dumb shit.
    You don't have a first past the post voting system. We almost moved away from it but the ruling parties may be so entrenched that it will never change. As a result we're actually lucky to have more than two parties. We have two and a half. Maybe three.

Dumb shit is normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

woot woot just got home from 5th night of nightshift working, my feet has transformed from hurt to tickling after 7 or so hours standing up..
    pay will make it all worth it I hope so. Will have to count it at the end of pay day and see how it feels like.
    But its odd to work 7 nights then have 7 off and work the next 7 nights, I got a feeling that holding onto money will be difficult when you get so much time off.

woo-hoo, 11.11 sale status: t-shirts got. (just waiting for payment to verify because :traffic: el oh el)

EDIT: so I read this article on the BBC about how army rations helped change food and found myself interested by the picture of the French ration box and having since read this page I'm now giving serious thought to buying one off of eBay.
    Last edited by Sparq; November 11 2017 at 12:19:47 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    I'm down with the flu. Have puked and been miserable all day, please kill me

Intend to rock up and watch the parade tomorrow. Had a struggle finding some brasso today.

Also mini Lark is increasing showing a preference for his ledt hand. This means he's more likely to be homosexual but he's got a pretty masculine digit ratio. Should I still be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Intend to rock up and watch the parade tomorrow. Had a struggle finding some brasso today.

Also mini Lark is increasing showing a preference for his ledt hand. This means he's more likely to be homosexual but he's got a pretty masculine digit ratio. Should I still be concerned?
    If he starts bowling googly, hes probably a shirt lifter...

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post

If he starts bowling googly, hes probably a shirt lifter...
    I was afflicted by both at an early age, but despite sneezing rainbows I would like to remind the assembled that correlation doesn't imply caus-AH-CHOO!