hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Wild game

  1. #1
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,407

    Wild game

    Pheasant, venison, duck, wild turkey, wild boar, etc. But not fish.

    Does anyone here eat wild game, hunt or trap for food? Any recipes you like?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  2. #2
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,361
    Dad was an eager hunter and was a master chef at preparing the deer which we had every new years eve. I took a hunters license in the military eons ago but haven't really gone to the step of actually acquiring a gun for it/never bothered to drag my carcass out in the woods to bring another carcass home with me.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    9,025
    Used to eat a fair bit of it back in Slovenia as you'd get bits in the actual supermarket often. Venison, boar etc. Superbly delicious in a goulash with some polenta on the side.

    I miss it, they don't really do it in Korea. T.T

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,206
    I'll order game if it is on a menu but I won't go out of my way to get my hands on any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  5. #5
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,428
    Love it especially venison. Don't hunt though because fuck killing things

  6. #6
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Love it especially venison. Don't hunt though because fuck killing things
    I'm pretty sure that lettuce and spinach was growing quite happily in the ground. Then someone came by, pulled it out, and ripped it asunder to satiate your ego and appetite.

    Real moral superiority there, Lallante.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  7. #7
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Love it especially venison. Don't hunt though because fuck killing things
    Wew lad...

    I actually think that if more people had some sort of proper 'exposure' to where their meat actually comes from and the processes involved you'd see a lot more vegitarians (and not just talking about factory farming). Opportunities for hunting in the UK aren't as good as the US, trapping I think is pretty much a no no.

    The BBC has a pretty good archive with some decent recipes.
    Last edited by Larkonis Trassler; November 8 2017 at 09:02:28 PM.


  8. #8
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Love it especially venison. Don't hunt though because fuck killing things
    Wew lad...

    I actually think that if more people had some sort of proper 'exposure' to where their meat actually comes from and the processes involved you'd see a lot more vegitarians (and not just talking about factory farming). Opportunities for hunting in the UK aren't as good as the US, trapping I think is pretty much a no no.

    The BBC has a pretty good archive with some decent recipes.
    Having seen where my food comes from, I have no qualms about eating meat. Or veggies.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  9. #9
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Having seen where my food comes from, I have no qualms about eating meat. Or veggies.
    Certainly not suggesting it would be the case for everyone.


  10. #10
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,944
    There really is somethign primal about eating the bag of a hunt, or even fishing. I think its fair to say that most people who hunt that I know back in South Africa, do so for food (like, extra food, they can obviously eat if they don't hunt). Nothing is wasted, basically, and a kudu goes a long way (and is tasty!).
    meh

  11. #11
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Love it especially venison. Don't hunt though because fuck killing things
    It is bloody delicious. Especially if its from a young one.


    

  12. #12
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    There really is somethign primal about eating the bag of a hunt, or even fishing. I think its fair to say that most people who hunt that I know back in South Africa, do so for food (like, extra food, they can obviously eat if they don't hunt). Nothing is wasted, basically, and a kudu goes a long way (and is tasty!).
    Always tastes better if you put a bit of effort into it. Never hunted and not actually been fishing for years but fresh trout you caught yourself when its still salmon pink is immense. Trout from a supermarket? Tastes of sadness.

    Same with home cooking. Bit of effort changes ones perception of taste. I actually think that is why pistachios are my favourite nut. Its all in the shelling.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    June 14, 2011
    Location
    Where the bunga bunga happens
    Posts
    106
    saturday i'm going to a small village up in ze alps
    venison stew with polenta is GO

  14. #14
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Love it especially venison. Don't hunt though because fuck killing things
    I'm pretty sure that lettuce and spinach was growing quite happily in the ground. Then someone came by, pulled it out, and ripped it asunder to satiate your ego and appetite.

    Real moral superiority there, Lallante.
    dont do that either, duh

  15. #15
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Love it especially venison. Don't hunt though because fuck killing things
    Wew lad...

    I actually think that if more people had some sort of proper 'exposure' to where their meat actually comes from and the processes involved you'd see a lot more vegitarians (and not just talking about factory farming). Opportunities for hunting in the UK aren't as good as the US, trapping I think is pretty much a no no.

    The BBC has a pretty good archive with some decent recipes.
    Thats exactly why I dont hunt. Dont want to be put off meat.

  16. #16
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,206
    How squeamish are you?

    It is just meat and bodily fluids at the end of the day. Not even particularly messy really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  17. #17
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,313
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    How squeamish are you?

    It is just meat and bodily fluids at the end of the day. Not even particularly messy really.
    The intestines magically dissapear aswell. Having butchered and gutted a Rabbit once i found it pretty messy.
    Turned 'out i didnt like the Taste either.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk

  18. #18
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Love it especially venison. Don't hunt though because fuck killing things
    Wew lad...

    I actually think that if more people had some sort of proper 'exposure' to where their meat actually comes from and the processes involved you'd see a lot more vegitarians (and not just talking about factory farming). Opportunities for hunting in the UK aren't as good as the US, trapping I think is pretty much a no no.

    The BBC has a pretty good archive with some decent recipes.
    Thats exactly why I dont hunt. Dont want to be put off meat.
    Aint that bad tbfh. Prepping the pig you then roast tomorrow is a whole different experience as well.


    

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •