hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566 LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1313

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

I am not seeing Blizzard suriviving this year - link. There's blood in the water.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Sexual harrassment is securities fraud?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Take them down. Scum company to it's employees, its fans and customers, and it's IPs. Burn.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

My only problem is that their IPs will die with them. Otherwise let them burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Sexual harrassment is securities fraud?
    I would guess its top ranks hiding the garbage fire while doing PR to raise the stock prices and accidently timing their own personal stock sales, over which they have zero control obviously, to happen by pure coincidence after major releases further inflate the stock prices.

Didn't they already get done by the shareholders for hiding an epidemic of sexual harassment because (as ever) it hurt the value?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Don't worry, those are too valuable to be stowed away in a dusty closet. Someone will shell out the money needed to acquire the cash cows WoW and Starcraft (are there other notable IPs?).

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Don't worry, those are too valuable to be stowed away in a dusty closet. Someone will shell out the money needed to acquire the cash cows WoW and Starcraft (are there other notable IPs?).
    Hearthstone is a massive cashcow, Diablo can be aswell, and Overwatch is pretty big but not paid that enough attention to know if it is a real cash cow aswell

~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

Yep, all five are quite big albeit WoW is declining. Also Warcraft (the RTS).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wiseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Hearthstone is a massive cashcow, Diablo can be aswell, and Overwatch is pretty big but not paid that enough attention to know if it is a real cash cow aswell
    Right, forgot about those.

I should have remembered Diabolo, but both Hearthstone and Overwatch are genres that are not my cup of coffee. If you wuld have asked me from whom those are, I might have remembered Hearthstone being a Blizzard title. But Overwatch ... vOv

Hearthstone uses Warcraft designs/IP.
    nevar forget

It was fairly impressive how quickly overwatch fizzled out from having a lot of buzz around the esports aspect, lots of streamer on board lots of hyped updates and then everyone seemed to get bored of it.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

> Board reshuffle
    > Exec payoffs & Gold handshakes
    >"Sorry" emails / meme
    > Bet you $1
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

I'm shocked how hard the hammer has come down on Blizzard. They must've been truly scum.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    I'm shocked how hard the hammer has come down on Blizzard. They must've been truly scum.
    Hope it starts a domino effect on every publisher full of bigots and sexual harassers

And with the release of D2 remastered, we see just how much that "hammer" is worth.

The Blizzard IP will survive in a zombie-like state for a long while to come.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Don't forget Heroes of the Storm, which uses Warcraft and Starcraft and Overwatch and even The Vikings IP. Basically if Blizzard ever made it it's in HotS. It was also a massive cashcow for Blizzard but it's been dying at an accelerating pace this whole year if the people I know who still play it are to be believed, it's apparently hit new lows the past month or so.
    Last edited by Overspark; September 25 2021 at 10:54:49 AM.

Eh, hots was afaik always a very minor success and cash cow for Blizzard. They dropped working on it as a "serious" IP like two years ago.

Which really shows how retarded Blizzard really is. HotS was really great and had so many strong IPs at its back and still Blizzard managed to ruin it. Even so, it went on for two years before it went into its death throes.

Same thing always happens when you let the money men run your business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.