hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1357

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I guess a MS Game Pass has become a lot more attractive all of a sudden
    Considering it already included Namco, Capcom, WB Games, 2K Games, Bethesda Softworks and EA Play, I am surprised when people haven't signed up for it yet.

MS games like AoE4, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite are obviously also part of it.

I am waiting for Total War: Warhammer III to come out on it on February 17.
    nevar forget

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I tried out game pass a while back on PC and the store was horrible and Forza plain refused to start after spending ages downloading it. Googled it and it was a known issue without a solution or even a workaround. Cancelled it in a huff and never looked back.

Also I have MS Flight Simulator on the xbox store and that's still mega-aids to keep up-to-date. The amount of times the game tells me there's an update but the store refuses to download it or the other way around is insane.

Having a large library isn't enough, your stuff needs to actually work well, and since Steam does I'll happily keep buying stuff there.

never had any issues with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    nevar forget

Game Pass just doesn't have enough sub-AAA titles to justify a subscription for me.

I don't really play stuff like Halo, Mass Effect, Battlefield, Dead Space, Destiny, etc. etc. too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Game Pass just doesn't have enough sub-AAA titles to justify a subscription for me.

I don't really play stuff like Halo, Mass Effect, Battlefield, Dead Space, Destiny, etc. etc. too often.
    Are we talking specifically Game Pass for PC because there's tons of great Indie games on Game Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post

The great thing with gamepass is you can dip in and out as you wish.

I've used it to play The Outer Worlds, and more recently for the new Forza. Saves a pretty penny on AAA titles you aren't committed to long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Are we talking specifically Game Pass for PC because there's tons of great Indie games on Game Pass?
    Yes PC. But I'm not referring to just indies, but also medium budget and "indie style" games from bigger publishers.

Yes PC. But I'm not referring to just indies, but also medium budget and "indie style" games from bigger publishers.
    I mean if game pass doesn't have games you want to play then you should probably not get game pass

Honestly, it's not just on Game Pass for PC that medium budget games are getting scarcer in the sea of AAA and Indie titles coming out each year. But Microsoft did recently acquire Double Fine and Ninja Theory, 2 great (IMO) AA developers.
    Last edited by Winged Nazgul; January 19 2022 at 06:55:01 PM.

Obviously.

Joe said he was surprised more people hadn't signed up for it, and I was giving my personal reasons why.

Obviously.

Joe said he was surprised more people hadn't signed up for it, and I was giving my personal reasons why.
    Ah right, wasn't really following this properly.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    you are actually deluded if you don't have gamepass by now

it's probably the best entertainment deal - including tv, satellite, streaming, whatever - bar none

Yeah, I actually doubled down and got an Xbox Series X on launch when I saw how much value I was getting from just Game Pass for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I guess a MS Game Pass has become a lot more attractive all of a sudden
    Considering it already included Namco, Capcom, WB Games, 2K Games, Bethesda Softworks and EA Play, I am surprised when people haven't signed up for it yet.

MS games like AoE4, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite are obviously also part of it.

I am waiting for Total War: Warhammer III to come out on it on February 17.
    I'm not saying currently it's not worth it. It's a bit like with streaming services: I'm subscribed to Netflix and Amazon Prime and that's already more content than I could consume. Same for games. I keep reiterating through my Steam + GOG library, with the occasional new game picked up on a sale = more games than I actually need.

tbh if you play 2 games a year on it then you break even
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

I think there's a solid chance that I have played 0 games per year on it over the last year or two. Bother. At least it's cheap.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Yes but at the same time you can't replay them unless you resub and thus the costs go up.

Imo gamepass is great if you can afford the time to play games and you don't get too attached to what you play - say you want to replay some of the games you find there. Otherwise it can cost more over time (but that's the whole point, MS getting a steady income stream even if you're not actually playing).

Personally the only "big" game I bought in the past couple years was God Of War and that's because I know there aren't any DLCs or other similar crap attached to it and I know I'll be playing it for years to come, just as I do with God Of War III and other games in my collection.