hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1219202122

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I always try and hold Warframe and PoE against each other and end up fucking myself because I love PoE for exactly the same reasons that I hate Warframe

except for the cashshop, where PoE wins because it's not a massive ripoff marketed to whales

F
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; October 8 2018 at 09:26:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    one is a skill based multiplayer game, the other is just... button mashing through identikit levels?
    There is a little more to it than just simple button mashing.
    Admittedly there is button mashing but it has a lot more going for it than just that.

Anyway PUBG is pvp and Warframe mostly isn't.
    it's more about spending alot of time figuring out a good meta setup that could potentially steamroll things that seem unkillable. getting the gear needed for it, trying it out, either realizing it didn't work or find out that it did and then start over again since it's not very fun to steamroll stuff all day. Warframe has serious balance issues with mechanics that makes the game either too hard or too easy. It's never a good challenge. Either your "trick" works, or you get oneshotted.
    Wat.

Sounds like you're a bad.

In the meantime the sane just take out whatever seems cool and do fine.

It's rule of cool the game, embrace it, live it, be it.
    I'm (as usual) talking about long high level survival/defence runs, since that's the stuff that entertain me in thet game. But it is so very broken at the moment.
    Christ you're a bad.

I always try and hold Warframe and PoE against each other and end up fucking myself because I love PoE for exactly the same reasons that I hate Warframe

except for the cashshop, where PoE wins because it's not a massive ripoff marketed to whales
    They're very VERY different games so of course the comparison is fucking dumb. Again, it's fine that you don't like something but you don't have to be a tedious cunt about it 24/7 when people clearly showed you it's a purely personal preference as opposed to anything remotely objective.

Also lolwat. PoE shop where a tiny skin of some wings costs tens of dollars? Yeah the game's fair but the shop is a colossal ripoff when it comes to what you actually get for your money m8. Let's also not forget that more stash space etc. is quite crucial to enjoy that game long term so yes they do also effectively make you pay for basic needs. And you managed to beautifully ignore all the points showing how wrong you are about the warframe economy and just shit more of your uninformed bollocks. NBS.
    Last edited by Isyel; October 8 2018 at 09:46:02 PM.

F
    Never played PoE so I cant comment on its prices, but we can go through some of the warframe pricing.

370Plat costs you 22AUD. This is assuming you didnt do what everyone else does and hold out till you get a 60% or 75% discount voucher as a login bonus.

Slots (which is what you should be spending your plat on) are 20 plat each. 360 will give you 18 slots which is likely all you are going to need for quite some time.

Frames cost anywhere between 75 and 300 plat. You buy primed frames from other players for plat and their prices seem comparable to the main frame (depends on rarity). There would realistically only be 2 or 3 frames that are worth buying because they are a pain in the ass to farm (but you CAN farm them with some effort). Chroma is an emergency "you did something dumb and sold his blueprint" purchase (because you get 1 for free but you cant get it again after that)..

Primed mods you buy off of other players so the price fluctuates. The 'main' primed mods will go from anywhere between 50 and 350 plat. I personally wouldn't buy any of them because you still have to level them afterwards, and the trading tax will stop most people early on anyway (not many new players have a million credits kicking about for the tax and then another 2 million credit and 60,000 endo to level it).

Fashion frame stuff is where the main costs are. 200-400 plat for a full 'outfit'. There are almost constantly missions to run for parts for these outfits but the part is random and there are so many frames/combinations that if you wanted a specific one it would take a while to farm (if you care less like I do, just get them as they turn up).

Rivens you buy from other players and the price is set by the player. Shit rivens sell for 5-10 plat. If you get a good one for a popular gun or one that has a specific 'hard to fill' role, I have seen prices of 5k+ plat.. Again though, this is set by players and not DE.

TL;DR: Prices dont seem that unreasonable to me. You can also get some RNG luck in game and literally never need to spend money for enough plat to last you a lifetime.

"Free" games always get a little pass on pay for items. I guess the main point is if you wanted that super cool cape for your frame, then you spend some money on that item. You DON'T spend some money to get a thing that gives you a chance to get an item that you only need 4 of to craft in to a component of the item you really want.. There are only 2 RNG purchases in warframe, relics and mods, and you shit these items out so fast while playing that only a true idiot would actually spend real money on purchasing them. I suspect they are only still in the game so the people with the tens of thousands of plat from trading have something to spend their money on when new primes or mods are released.
    Last edited by Lana Torrin; October 9 2018 at 01:46:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

There are two types of F2P games - those that don't put gameplay features behind paywalls and the other kind.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    There are two types of F2P games - those that don't put gameplay features behind paywalls and the other kind.
    True dat.. My dad is playing some free to play mobile/tablet game and hes constantly complaining that he has to either pay money or wait a week to do something, and he can only queue 1 thing at a time.. I keep asking him why he plays it but its his retirement so he can do what he wants i guess..

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    True dat.. My dad is playing some free to play mobile/tablet game and hes constantly complaining that he has to either pay money or wait a week to do something, and he can only queue 1 thing at a time.. I keep asking him why he plays it but its his retirement so he can do what he wants i guess..
    Get him into Grand Order and join the 80million USD a month Sony waterfall

I've not paid anything into the game (i suppose i should).
    But through farming for primed parts, ive sold surplus parts via the warframe.market website. same with spare mods.
    Platinum received
    Items sold
    With 1302 plat (currently have 500 still in my inventory) ive managed to get a slot for all the frames and weapons I have.
    370 is a LOT of plat. That will get you slots for a lot of weapons and warframes. Just dont Potato every frame and weapon. Play a bunch, then invest into the ones which sound most interesting and you like.
    I think a lot of people just upgrade everything. which in itself removes some of the challenge.

My point being that while I've no lifed the game pretty hard, its all achievable. if you want shorcuts then it will cost you, but thats ok. I dont feel compelled to spend money in warframe at all.
    If I want something specific, I look at how you farm it, and I go farm it. Its there, its not an incredible grind. It takes time, thats what its like in warframe. Do this till you get bored, then do something else. Eventually you will get whatever you need.

PoE microtransactions are kinda poo. You dont get a lot for your money really. I think the gameplay loop is pretty boring. Its easier to farm something specific in Warframe with a fixed % chance with the specific task than it is to get exalts in PoE i would say to ultimately have to BUY what you want from someone else.

I got a half decent riven on one of the post stream riven mission which i sold for entirely too much. Covered me for a while. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    I've not paid anything into the game (i suppose i should).
    If you want to pay for something then either a tennogen item or prime Access cosmetics
    is probably ideal?

yeah, i think so. I'll keep an eye out for something that takes my fancy.

Can I interest Sir in a Repala Syandana? An exquisite cloak for the Tenno of distinction.

Seriously though, best fiver I've spent in years.

While getting back to game company things.. This happened..

https://gamerant.com/fortnite-trailer-copyright-strike/

i didn't understand shit

was that a shot in the foot or something

i didn't understand shit

was that a shot in the foot or something
    One of 2 things happened, either is hilarious and shows the state of youtube pretty well..

Either one of Epics copyright hunting robots flagged one of their own videos as a copyright infringement and automatically reported it to youtubes robots who automatically took it down.. OR.. Someone logged a copyright infringement notice pretending to be the copyright owner (with no actual proof they are who they said they are) and youtubes robots automatically took it down.

Either way it shows just how easy it is to abuse youtubes copyright system and how dumb it actually is.