hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    A Jim Sterling video to accompany whats being said about this ITT is only fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    https://www.cnet.com/news/valve-to-p...ralian-gamers/

Valve couldn't argue that it isn't doing business in australia and got hit with a fine for lack of return policy.
    Supreme court decision as well.. Literally nowhere else to appeal to.. They is fucked. Which reminds me, I have to reapply for my refund for squad now as 'its faulty and the multiplayer doesnt work'.. Least gives me some ammunition to throw at them as apparently I know Australian consumer law better than valve does (its shockingly pro consumer, you have a huge amount of rights).
    But Squad works fine

In other news

Grand Order has added roughly another $2 Billion to Sony Music's revenue so far this year, with no signs of slowing down

goddamn weebs and their disposable income
    For you.. For me not so much and I want my money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    https://www.cnet.com/news/valve-to-p...ralian-gamers/

Valve couldn't argue that it isn't doing business in australia and got hit with a fine for lack of return policy.
    Supreme court decision as well.. Literally nowhere else to appeal to.. They is fucked. Which reminds me, I have to reapply for my refund for squad now as 'its faulty and the multiplayer doesnt work'.. Least gives me some ammunition to throw at them as apparently I know Australian consumer law better than valve does (its shockingly pro consumer, you have a huge amount of rights).
    But Squad works fine

In other news

Grand Order has added roughly another $2 Billion to Sony Music's revenue so far this year, with no signs of slowing down

goddamn weebs and their disposable income
    For you.. For me not so much and I want my money back.
    I mean, I've heard nothing but unadulterated praise for Squad so I'm inclined to say it's your machine and not the game

Which is fair enough reason to warrant a return surely?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    ^^

It doesn't work for him, he can return it, he owns them nothing.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    yea obv, i'm just surprised

I mean, I've heard nothing but unadulterated praise for Squad so I'm inclined to say it's your machine and not the game
    Nah. Its always run pretty terribly and suffered from an inexperienced dev team. The praise comes from a lot of mentally retarded (milsim) who are ok with bad performance

Last patch made it even worse, where hardware that allowed you to run at an inconsistent 70-80 frames was now dropping you down to 40-50.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

Nah. Its always run pretty terribly and suffered from an inexperienced dev team. The praise comes from a lot of mentally retarded (milsim) who are ok with bad performance

Last patch made it even worse, where hardware that allowed you to run at an inconsistent 70-80 frames was now dropping you down to 40-50.
    fair enough, I was about to say that it runs "ok" on my machine but I'm on a 1070, which is fairly beef so your point is taken

Yea at a 970 and 4790K I don't get good framerates on several maps.

In the Squad discord people have told me to upgrade. Considering that these are 2014-tech, and Squad is a 2015 game, they should upgrade their brains first
    Last edited by mewninn; May 4 2018 at 05:06:37 PM.

This should be here. GPP is dead already.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Atari attempts to discredit The Register's reporting on their overpriced nostalgia turd.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...rview_in_full/

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Atari attempts to discredit The Register's reporting on their overpriced nostalgia turd.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/0...rview_in_full/
    Ouch!

I cannot imagine how smug the editor was for that article, good shit

My god the smug is real. Glorious article.

Nintendo being Nintendo as usual. Lol at deleting all your cloud saves the second you don't pay for online, and then not offering them anyway for a ton of games because "people could cheat" or something.

>not immediately jailbreaking any and all nintendo products so you avoid of this shit

it even has an actual web-browser already, they just won't enable it for anything other than WPA authentication

Yes i'm sure jailbreaking helps you avoid paying for online gameplay and gives you automatic cloud saves eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yes i'm sure jailbreaking helps you avoid paying for online gameplay and gives you automatic cloud saves eh.
    ...yes?

https://github.com/WerWolv98/EdiZon/releases/tag/v1.5.0

Do you actually know anything or are you just shitposting?
    It lets you make actual backup saves instead of relying on whatever insanity garbage solution they have.

This is the same company who allowed 3DS's to download anything of their own CDN without any authentication for over 6 years and still haven't fixed it (they've only prevented new firmware 3DS's from doing it)

edit: lmao it doesn't even have voice chat, what a pile of shite

>peer to peer connections and multiplayer data being saved locally rather than server side, only to then remove cloud saves for that specific title.

Good lord it's worse than I thought

I own a switch, I'm not touching the online section of the console with a 40ft pike.
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; September 17 2018 at 10:10:41 PM.

Yes, good job you discovered what i was talking about in the original post way after you had to shittalk. Applause worthy truly.

And holy fuck piss off with the attitude you dumb cunt.

"...yes?" No, it does not help you go online or automatically easily cloud save your data, thanks for confirming.
    Last edited by Isyel; September 17 2018 at 10:34:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yes, good job you discovered what i was talking about in the original post way after you had to shittalk. Applause worthy truly.

And holy fuck piss off with the attitude you dumb cunt.
    you actually agree with me, why are you even picking a fight? wtf is wrong with you