hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    actual game looks really neat, watch jackfrags play through the SP and even that looks decent. makes me regret buying the last battlefront if anything
    Yeah, it's a crying shame the game was hamstrung by microtransactions after it was finished, there's a really polished experience underneath all the poo

The Kamino and Kashyyyk levels are beautifully crafted in particular

Responding To Controversy: EA Has Announced That ‘Star Wars Battlefront II’ Will Now Allow You To Unlock Legs For Your Character Without Paying Extra
    http://www.clickhole.com/article/res...ocialMarketing

internet peole: REEEEEE
    Modern "news" platforms: "Hey look internet people! We write articles and make really bad jokes that align with your opinions! Funny huh? Come click us!"

i a not sure what is more pathetic or nonconstructive.

Ya know, if you like the game, there's nothing stopping you playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Ya know, if you like the game, there's nothing stopping you playing it.
    That's not what this is about tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Dunno, seems to be getting pretty mediocre reviews from press as well.
    And just set the record for the lowest user score (0.8) on Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...battlefront-ii

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    And just set the record for the lowest user score (0.8) on Metacritic: http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...battlefront-ii
    Just goes to show how meaningless user score is

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Shadow of war is still below 3. Antihype is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Nah I think they're just pulling what Bethseda did with paid mods & saying that they're "listening" to fans when really they're just waiting for people's attention to move onto the next thing, whereupon they return with an arguably just as bad if not a bit worse version of what they tried before.
    Bethesda replaced a "free for all, sell your broken shit trough Valve's workshop" with a "select modders will be able to make content, and get paid for it, and we take responsibility for keeping it running, but it's also stuck on our shitty platform."

so they did listen, they didn't do what much of the community was wailing for, but they did take on-board a significant chunk of the criticism levelled their way and addressed it.

it's still shit tho.

also, video.

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

they flat out say that they're bringing them back at a later date, why is this being treated as hot gossip

slowly reaching the point where I go full contrarian just because all the angry screeching is getting on my nerves

whatever happened to just playing videogames

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    they flat out say that they're bringing them back at a later date, why is this being treated as hot gossip

slowly reaching the point where I go full contrarian just because all the angry screeching is getting on my nerves

Never go full Neo-Smuggo

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Never go full Neo-Smuggo
    all the coolest posters are doing it

(I just want to play my vidyagames without having to check up on the topical screeching)

Then dont (check up on it).

Although i have to admit this Jimguy is getting on my nerves as hard as can be. Goes to show that being a whiny shit also has commercial value i guess.

[Smarnca thinks he's funny].mp4