hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1111

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheps View Post
    Todd: Think of all the platforms we'll launch TES IV on! HNNNGH
    They remaking oblivion?
    Lots of platforms they havenít launched that on, but this was a typo.

They remaking oblivion?
    Lots of platforms they haven’t launched that on, but this was a typo.
    After what they did with Skyrim you probably shouldn't give them ideas.

They remaking oblivion?
    Would be a chance from remaking skyrim...

Seeing where bethesda has been going I seriously doubt that they have it in themselves to produce a game I would end up buying

I was flippantly picking the first obscure piece of tech that might have an elder scrolls game and lo and behold...

nbs

oooh. At first I thought that doesn't look half bad. Then I remembered how the game mechanics usualy were on those games.

I worked as a game tester for vodafone for a while in the early 2000s

Cyberpunk 2077 Publisher Orders 6-Day Weeks Ahead of Game Debut
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-of-game-debut

Non-shocker really, but consider that CP2077 might be the biggliest game ever. I just hope they pay according to overtime and lay this off after the release.

According to schreier anthem was crunched for *years*, mostly because management wanted a new game every month.

I was under the impression the Game was "done" months ago and they delayed because of the Varus and were only adding extra polish/bug fixing.

Non-shocker really, but consider that CP2077 might be the biggliest game ever. I just hope they pay according to overtime and lay this off after the release.

According to schreier anthem was crunched for *years*, mostly because management wanted a new game every month.
    Yup, happened during development of 2 and 3. And overtime and bonuses in form of stock options allowed them to buy cars and houses. Especially after third. We're talking 200k USD on average. Might not be the case this time for entire studio as it nearly quadrupled in numbers. Most likely only people that actually worked on Cyberpunk will get it. Gwent etc have their own bonus programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Armag3ddon View Post
    I was under the impression the Game was "done" months ago and they delayed because of the Varus and were only adding extra polish/bug fixing.
    Who knows, maybe they decided to include content that was cut in spring for the earlier release date. W3 had like third of it slashed basically.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Yup, happened during development of 2 and 3. And overtime and bonuses in form of stock options allowed them to buy cars and houses. Especially after third. We're talking 200k USD on average. Might not be the case this time for entire studio as it nearly quadrupled in numbers. Most likely only people that actually worked on Cyberpunk will get it. Gwent etc have their own bonus programs.
    I still don't understand how CDPR is valued higher than Ubishit. But that's just stonks mechanics i guess.

Who knows, maybe they decided to include content that was cut in spring for the earlier release date. W3 had like third of it slashed basically.

I still don't understand how CDPR is valued higher than Ubishit. But that's just stonks mechanics i guess.
    Look at Tesla and compare value to cars produced vs Toyota, VW, you name it. Sanity has been gone for a long time on financial markets.

Non-shocker really, but consider that CP2077 might be the biggliest game ever.
    Wouldn't that title go to MS Flight Sim 2020 now?

Yes, the stock market isn't the most fact-based system mankind knows. However, I guess a good part of the evaluation might be that CDPR has gog.com going, one of the more wellknown not-restricted-to-publisher-cataloge online video game shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Yes, the stock market isn't the most fact-based system mankind knows. However, I guess a good part of the evaluation might be that CDPR has gog.com going, one of the more wellknown not-restricted-to-publisher-cataloge online video game shops.
    As much as it is beloved in some circles it still makes barely noticeable peanuts as far as their revenue streams are considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

As much as it is beloved in some circles it still makes barely noticeable peanuts as far as their revenue streams are considered.
    It might not make much profit, but it adds to the wealth of their brand, as it could easily be spun off and sold, due to its positioning as a vendor/publisher independent shop. But I'm guessing here and might be totally wrong.

They finished the first 80%, now it's time to do the second 80%. Everyone in software development is familiar with this truism

Not too surprising, but as part of the PS5 launch all PSP, PS Vita, and PS3 games are no longer available for purchase on the PlayStation Store directly.

Anyone who still has a PS3 or Vita kicking around can still buy digital games through the app on the device.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Not too surprising, but as part of the PS5 launch all PSP, PS Vita, and PS3 games are no longer available for purchase on the PlayStation Store directly.

Anyone who still has a PS3 or Vita kicking around can still buy digital games through the app on the device.
    This is fucked up. They just want to milk more money with "HD remasters" instead of letting people play classic cool stuff. Because why not.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Half of what I buy these days is remasters and they're mostly pretty decent. The PS3 is a dead architecture and current CPUs aren't yet capable enough to emulate the parallel processing decently in software. Getting games off of that hardware onto something X86-64 based is not a bad thing at all.

Thankfully both the PSP and Vita (depending on firmware) are cracked wide open. I think some progress is being made on hacking the PS3 but Sony still updates the firmware occasionally.