hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ~Just game company things~ (Corporate malfeasance thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    EA backed down somewhat, in a oddly rare move for them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41981979

One of the game's developers, tweeting from a locked account, said he had received seven death threats and more than 1,600 "individual personal attacks".
    sad
    Internet, it never changes.

To be fair they already changed the system once since the open beta after feedback, but the issue is they fixed something but fucked up something else heh.
    Well their "fix" is reducing the cost with 75% but what they dont state as loudly is they decrease rewards with 75% (from 20k to 5k). So i fail to see what's changed?
    Its more detailed than that, the MP rewards dont get reduced, only the campaign ones, for reasons. Apparently you are only "supposed" to unlock one specific hero right off the bat.

Either way, its the exact response you would expect: Dont address the issue, apply a band-aid so that _this specific complaint_ about two iconic heroes being locked behind grind _appears_ to be fixed.

Its funny how i know about this at all, wasnt planning on buying an EA online shooter anytime soon. The last Star Wars game that i played (and thoroughly enjoyed) was probably Empire at War. Republic Commando couldnt keep me interested, although ill admit that it was one of the first really good squad FPS.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 14 2017 at 10:03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    EA backed down somewhat, in a oddly rare move for them

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41981979

One of the game's developers, tweeting from a locked account, said he had received seven death threats and more than 1,600 "individual personal attacks".
    sad
    Internet, it never changes.

To be fair they already changed the system once since the open beta after feedback, but the issue is they fixed something but fucked up something else heh.
    Well their "fix" is reducing the cost with 75% but what they dont state as loudly is they decrease rewards with 75% (from 20k to 5k). So i fail to see what's changed?
    Its more detailed than that, the MP rewards dont get reduced, only the campaign ones, for reasons. Apparently you are only "supposed" to unlock one specific hero right off the bat.

Either way, its the exact response you would expect: Dont address the issue, apply a band-aid so that _this specific complaint_ about two iconic heroes being locked behind grind _appears_ to be fixed.

Its funny how i know about this at all, wasnt planning on buying an EA online shooter anytime soon.
    To be fair. That's the specific issue the reddit was bitching about.

They did also change the system considerably since the beta and people bitching. It would actually mostly be fine now had they not increased the cost of crates to 4k. They used to be 1k which is 4 average games which would have made the unlocks enjoyable enough without forcing you to buy them. Now the cost is just stupid.

But of course no, they bitch about something as irrelevant as fucking Vader.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

they bitch about something as irrelevant as fucking Vader.

But of course no, they bitch about something as irrelevant as fucking Vader.

Yeah thats what happens when people just complain but dont demand solutions themselves. The only way i would be (hypothetically) thoroughly satisfied would be if there were 3 game modes: Single Player campaign, Drop-in Quick Play MP (with bots) where you have everything available except cosmetics, and MP progression with whatever loot-box gambling they want to throw at it. Ofc, that would probably mean their precious wallet-milking-mode starves, but thats the point.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 14 2017 at 10:25:12 PM.

Also what pisses me off is thst this "muh Vader" bullshit puts a spotlight on the completely wrong part of the Mt issue in this game. It's a character you only occasionally get to use and play for a minor amount of time and is no more powerful than the other heroes. While the rest of the bullshit gets mostly ignored because of this. Ugh.
    That is how the news works.

It's happening with the whole UK tax avoidance thing exposed in the paradise papers. The media focuses on Lewis Hamilton avoiding VAT on his jet (as if he has any idea what happened or how international tax works) in order to downplay news about the tax dealings of the Royal Family or anyone else of mild influence or importance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I'm in this.

Count down to the next video game crash is a go.

Tbh it's far easier to not play AAA titles and go outside instead.

I'd recommend it.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

I'd recommend it.
    On that note I'd like to recommend Darkwood. I'm not fond of survival games or horrors but this one does it right. I haven't been this creeped out with a game since System Shock 2.

I played insomnia and I'm not playing any horror game ever again

What's the difference between EA and my uncle?

My uncle didn't take my money when he fucked me.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

I'd recommend it.
    On that note I'd like to recommend Darkwood. I'm not fond of survival games or horrors but this one does it right. I haven't been this creeped out with a game since System Shock 2.
    WE WERE

WAITING

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Begun, the meme war has.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    As always, Weebs have been ahead of the curve on exploitative game economies, just have a look at Gacha games.

You can tell they're awful because fucking CHINA was the first place to require game publishers to reveal item drop rates.

Welp, multiple euro governments now looking into this gambling for children angle, investigating ea and Disney and also overwatch etc. This is gonna end measly I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    As always, Weebs have been ahead of the curve on exploitative game economies, just have a look at Gacha games.

You can tell they're awful because fucking CHINA was the first place to require game publishers to reveal item drop rates.
    And the good guys at Activision blizzard immediately found ways around it.

Because they're so good and care about their players so much. /s

Last edited by Isyel; November 16 2017 at 06:40:03 PM.

EA/DICE just pulled all microtransactions from Battlefront 2.

They are going to rethink their strategy on how to squeeze people for spacebucks.

Mouse got angry they were damaging the Disney brand?

Maybe they could try settling for less profit?

Maybe they could try settling for less profit?
    YEAH MAYBE