hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Sexual Misconduct Shenanigans Pool

Either way the take away is yes he did do this. He did it from a position of authority where most of the women had real concern for their continued employment if they said no. The lack of repercussions on the woman who did say no is not a defense. He deserves whatever repercussions that occur for his current projects. No it's not fucking censorship no one has a right to non-public platform.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    It was a voice interview on NPR, finding that will take to long their web search for radio clips is sub par. Feel free to assume I'm full of shit if you want. If you feel like looking for it, it is the clip where one womans recount of a similar situation he asked her if he could masturbate in front of her and she said in response "you have a wife and children" and responded with "I have a problem" and walked away ashamed.
    Doesn't correlate with what they've given as a quote to the NYTimes:
    In 2002, a Chicago comedy duo, Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, landed their big break: a chance to perform at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colo. When Louis C.K. invited them to hang out in his hotel room for a nightcap after their late-night show, they did not think twice. The bars were closed and they wanted to celebrate. He was a comedian they admired. The women would be together. His intentions seemed collegial.

As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.

They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. “And then he really did it,” Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. “He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    It was a voice interview on NPR, finding that will take to long their web search for radio clips is sub par. Feel free to assume I'm full of shit if you want. If you feel like looking for it, it is the clip where one womans recount of a similar situation he asked her if he could masturbate in front of her and she said in response "you have a wife and children" and responded with "I have a problem" and walked away ashamed.
    In 2002, a Chicago comedy duo, Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov, landed their big break: a chance to perform at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colo. When Louis C.K. invited them to hang out in his hotel room for a nightcap after their late-night show, they did not think twice. The bars were closed and they wanted to celebrate. He was a comedian they admired. The women would be together. His intentions seemed collegial.

As soon as they sat down in his room, still wrapped in their winter jackets and hats, Louis C.K. asked if he could take out his penis, the women said.

They thought it was a joke and laughed it off. “And then he really did it,” Ms. Goodman said in an interview with The New York Times. “He proceeded to take all of his clothes off, and get completely naked, and started masturbating.”
    Hey fair enough I wasn't there, I have conflict in stories both from aggrieved sources. I don't really need to know the grimy details to know he deserves whatever shitstorm rolls over him. The only bright side is that he wasn't a rapist, didn't do as far as I know any unwanted touching and didn't retaliate against those who didn't play along with his... really odd sexual kink.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    The fuck does a private company, a publisher, deciding they don't want to publish something have to do with any kind of censorship or this beyond idiotic diarrhea covered slippery slope argument exactly?

Do you even understand the words you are typing anymore?
    I think the more aghast and angry Isyel gets about what you're saying ideologically the more you know you're onto something.

Half of you are fixated on punishment to Louis about what he did but if you think it's a stretch to suggest works would be taken out of circulation, particularly from schools, because some people decide they don't like the opinions of the authors, you're naive. All Contemporary Poster said was that it's an important question and clearly it is. If they find some serious fucking skeletons in the closet of an author of something great, there will be calls to purge it from some people and depending on how bad the skeletons are it can absolutely happen.

Louis' stuff being pulled doesn't really fall under this category, he's got a current working relationship with companies that want to sever that relationship and that's their business. It's clearly more of a grey area. I'm sad he did what he did because now he's weird and gross and now I won't get laughs from more of his comedy.
    Still butthurt I see.

You're talking shit about me but then again fail at reading spectacularly. I'm talking about this specific situation here and how it has nothing to do with the slippery slope mentioned, but you just have to go with whatever bullshit you want just to disagree. Beautiful pathetic scenes.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I'm talking about this specific situation
    I only mentioned you as a weather vane in my first sentence. The rest of my post is in general, that's why I said 'half of you'.

I actually believe that when someone says something that sounds moderate, and you explode over it, that it's illustrating something that doesn't have much to do with the rational argument.

Look at his tone and look at how you replied. You're like me on a really bad day. I don't actually agree with the line The Contemporary Poster is drawing from not releasing Louis' show to censorship and removing books from a historical author, and I said why. But you man, you blew up. For like, no reason. Well, actually I'm pretty sure I know the reason. I'm really not butthurt or mad at you. I froth when I'm mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

The take away here kids, is that if you get the urge to whip it out and spank it, go find a restroom or something.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    The take away here kids, is that if you get the urge to whip it out and spank it, go find a restroom or something.
    What if I can't finish unless I have a complete stranger staring at me in shock?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

What if I can't finish unless I have a complete stranger staring at me in shock?
    I’d suggest you choose a career that doesn’t involve children...

I’d suggest you choose a career that doesn’t involve children...
    Get a Chatroulette Adult account?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Keanu is my 3D waifu tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

The "You have a wife and kid" and the two woman where too different events.
    Both are described in detail in the NYT article.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~