hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Wolfenstein II: Does this end kill Nazis?

  1. #41
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I'd be kinda annoyed if I bought this full price at launch only for it to go 50% off a month later tbh
    afaik all shit tier games go on sale really fast
    shit tier opinion discarded
    everybody on the internet says the game is bland
    and everyone here thinks you're developmentally challenged

  2. #42
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I'd be kinda annoyed if I bought this full price at launch only for it to go 50% off a month later tbh
    afaik all shit tier games go on sale really fast
    shit tier opinion discarded
    everybody on the internet says the game is bland
    and everyone here thinks you're developmentally challenged
    I was going to buy this in the sale, but the fact its half price after 1 month is alarms going off stuff.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,355
    There must be something in it tho - There's not exactly been a huge pile of decent AAA games recently, but the noise generated by this has been low (SJW bullshit aside) compared to the previous offerings. between grumbling about it being too short, underpowered for the first half and the story begin less interesting than 1 I've just not been enthused enough, even at 50% off.

    what gives ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  4. #44
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    There must be something in it tho - There's not exactly been a huge pile of decent AAA games recently, but the noise generated by this has been low (SJW bullshit aside) compared to the previous offerings. between grumbling about it being too short, underpowered for the first half and the story begin less interesting than 1 I've just not been enthused enough, even at 50% off.

    what gives ?
    Doom did the same thing and doom was great don’t worry about it imo.

  5. #45
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,392
    Yeah I was gonna say. For $30 it's a total non-brainer either.

    Unless you're opposed to a "short" game. And frankly you should get 10-15 hours _easy_ unless you rush through on a difficulty that offers no difficulty. It's a fun, tight story.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,355
    alright cool thanks.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  7. #47
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,392
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uoV86LU0HA


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #48
    Kraken's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2013
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uoV86LU0HA


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    its not doom is it. That clip puts me off, its pretty basic, the enemies just coming at you 1 by 1 and dying instantly.

  9. #49
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,392
    Not shown: The dozen times I died because I didn't get the timing right.

    Because those fuckers can and will one-shot you.

  10. #50
    Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,148
    Honestly, it's harder than Doom. I had to play on easiest level because I got sick of dying and am not really a try-hard.

  11. #51
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uoV86LU0HA


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    its not doom is it. That clip puts me off, its pretty basic, the enemies just coming at you 1 by 1 and dying instantly.
    It's a standalone setpiece, 80% of the game is run and gun murderball

  12. #52

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,842
    Nr1 on uber you either had to play really slowly stealth and cover shooter type, or go balls deep doom style full movement slide killing nazis. That video looks like you cant decide which style you want. But then again TNO was great because it allowed all styles without forcing any particular one.

    Unless Wolf 2 is massively harder then TNO on uber I doubt doom on cataclysm is easier.

  13. #53
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,392
    Itís harder. Or at least I think so, but I beat TNO on a PS4 so not sure how it directly translates. TOB definitely seemed easiest (stealth too easy). All on hardest (but not one life mode).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #54
    Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,148
    It's harder but not convinced it needed to be.

  15. #55
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    It's harder but not convinced it needed to be.

  16. #56
    Varcaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 15, 2011
    Posts
    20,637
    Finally got this. So BJ is literally an ork boy well makes enough sense.

  17. #57
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,648
    i think the reason the game is "harder" is because the feedback for damage is massively reduced compared to most games. I was sat there and only knew a nazi was shooting me when he moved position and walked in front of me :s also Lol Lazerkraftwerk full charged can kill the big robot dudes in one hit XD.

  18. #58

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,903
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    i think the reason the game is "harder" is because the feedback for damage is massively reduced compared to most games. I was sat there and only knew a nazi was shooting me when he moved position and walked in front of me :s also Lol Lazerkraftwerk full charged can kill the big robot dudes in one hit XD.
    yeah its quite hard to make out when you are close to die in the heat of combat, the super short range for autopickup of items doesnt help either.
    Also never bother with heavy weapons, the loss of movement speed does not make up for the firepower.

  19. #59
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack bubu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    i think the reason the game is "harder" is because the feedback for damage is massively reduced compared to most games. I was sat there and only knew a nazi was shooting me when he moved position and walked in front of me :s also Lol Lazerkraftwerk full charged can kill the big robot dudes in one hit XD.
    yeah its quite hard to make out when you are close to die in the heat of combat, the super short range for autopickup of items doesnt help either.
    Also never bother with heavy weapons, the loss of movement speed does not make up for the firepower.
    yeah i just got the ubergwher BFG looking thing and the six months it takes to charge and fire are pointless when some robo niger is flipping all over the place and some giant fucker is knocking me down with rockets over and over.

    still loving sneaking around murdering all the officers then its game time XD.

  20. #60
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    14,392
    But. Lazor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •