hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: [FAIL] WOWS EU HQ

Think the intention is you freeze a dude then pass under him. 6 torps will murderize anything.

So, are there going to be clan battles tonight, and if so, when?

It has been changed to next week (Wed, Sat, Sun) for technical reasons..........

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars...st_season_the/

Last time we played we ended up booted from the server and could not connect. Meanwhile had a friend who was in game... albeit his clan also got booted and could not login. So probably smth broke there.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/...battles-north/

CBs will try to start on 28th novembur

[7:55 PM] Shaftoes: Big gun battleship:
    Yamato > Republique

They are fairly close, but the Rep is much more vulnerable to HE than the Yamato. This works against it in a mostly cruiser meta

Close range radar cruisers
    Des Moines > Worcester >> Salem

The only real option here is the Des Moines. Salem and Worcesters radar are too short to fulfil the role.

Long range flanking cruiser
    Hindenburg = Zao > Moskva

Both the Zao and Hindenburg are excellent, with options to brawl with torps late game if required. Moskva is an acceptable backup to either, but not the best option

Flex slot - Flanking DPS DD or long range radar cruiser
    Haru > Daring or Moskva > Minotaur

This will be the ship that spots for the flanking force. A "DPM" DD would be best since it could spot for the flanking cruisers and then smoke and deal damage with guns once all the cruisers are engaged. In a pinch a light cruiser could also fufil this role, or a moskva with long range radar

Stealthy destroyer scout / Cap contester
    Gearing > Daring >> Z-52

With the Yueyang nerf, this spot is hard to fill. All of these choices are weak to good Shimakaze players (5.6 vs 5.9, 6.0 and 6.2 concealment). The daring is straight up the best cap point contester ,with its heal, hydro and DPM, but the gearing is a better scout with decent torpedoes.

Ideal setup
    Yamato
    Des Moines x2
    Hindenberg
    Zao
    Harugumo
    Daring

No Montana anymore? How come?

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    No Montana anymore? How come?
    Big gun battleship

not gay ass fag iowa limo

inb4 thunderer

Wonder who is willing to take the Yamato role (Yamamoto 19p represent), its mobility is really bad and it's easy to flank. Republique is an HE magnet and can't do shit due to being covered in 32mm plating all over. Basically it's just a big pinata. Montana was good due to its ridiculous deck thickness, making it much more resistant to HE spam, akin to Yamato.

I maintain my opinion that the radar YY is the best cap contester in the game right now, Grozovoi also is amazing. Z is good due to the german hydro, the Daring can only use its hydro to spot torps, it's p. useless otherwise and dies in its own smoke to radar YY. The YY DPM nerf is not significant, that's not why you took the YY in CB. You take it for its low profile (takes a LOT less damage from everything), excellent maneuvrability, ridiculous torpedoes (20k per, guaranteed flood) and the radar. With the radar module running for 24s (special module) and non retarded team mates that focus down the enemy DD it's just too good, nullifies any advantage any lower concealment DD may have (you have 5.8km concealment and 7.5km radar, anything that spots you will be destroyed by the time they leave your radar range). Again, assuming non retarded team mates And before you explain that the enemy will drive into your 2x DM radars, think again, they're a lot more visible and predictable as to where they are.

I'm happy to drive any of those listed things, order of preference would be DD>CA>BB, I have most of them (yes, Harugumo also).

If I may interject.
    Flex slot - Flanking DPS DD or long range radar cruiser
    Haru > Daring or Moskva > Minotaur

This will be the ship that spots for the flanking force. A "DPM" DD would be best since it could spot for the flanking cruisers and then smoke and deal damage with guns once all the cruisers are engaged. In a pinch a light cruiser could also fufil this role, or a moskva with long range radar
    I respectfullt disagree, Harugumo can't do this because as soon as it opens fire without a smoke to cover it, it'll eat a fuckton of damage from anything that's not a Shimakaze. It's thick, has shit handling, has extreme DPM but due to this it's really bad for spotting. It can deal a lot of DPM but only from smoke/behind islands. If you watched KOTS, all the Harugumos there stuck behind an island or in smoke.

Every DD that takes concentrated Cruiser fire at t10 is going to melt you rube!

Hairy Gayball has massive DPM to support a push, neutralize the enemy DD, or support the Daring in a knife edged engagement. It is a sneaky death-ray that, in the hands of someone who knows how to captain one, will have a beneficial effect in CBs
    Last edited by Elriche Oshego; November 20 2018 at 01:36:23 PM.

We'll see when we get to big pants league and switch to repu and 6 des memes

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Every DD that takes concentrated Cruiser fire at t10 is going to melt you rube!

Hairy Gayball has massive DPM to support a push, neutralize the enemy DD, or support the Daring in a knife edged engagement. It is a sneaky death-ray that, in the hands of someone who knows how to captain one, will have a beneficial effect in CBs
    Not the YY. I have both Harugumo and YY and the Harugumo always takes a shit ton of damage more in similar situations, it's just bigger and clumsier. And if you think you need to sit further back, the orbital strikes cannon arcs kick in and you can't hit any DD with those in a reliable manner past 8km. The YY can wiggle out with taking around 75% less damage than a Harugumo and I mean this VS a DM (if it's a nearby Worcester you be ded regardless). Also, if you think you can spam HE from smoke safely, BB AP is still a thing and even I got several devstrikes in smokes against Harus that actually move and don't sit still. At least with Moskva/DM you can angle and bounce some shells, the Harugumo will just eat full pens

Exactly what i meant by "mino without a citadel". It's going to be useless.

Crosspoasting because quite proud, but I still think it's bad.

Ur bad and should feel bad

Cmon guys, we're up.

I see you guys had a fleet up for the last two evenings. Is it worth it to keep this evening free - that is, do you guys plan to play again, and if so, do I have a chance to be in the fleet?

Currently, I have Des Moines, Zao, Montana and Gearing. Worcester, Moskva, Shima, Z-52, Hindenburg and Republique are unlocked, but I only have credits to buy one of those (and no experience with them, obviously).

just be on (hogbut) TS at 1800 gmt m8

We barely have 7 and lord commander shaftoes is exhausted so don't be shy to check if we need people!

Well, I'm around but don't have TS details. Please ping me here, in game or on discord when you know if and when a place will open up

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    e: nvmnd