hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

I don't even play Warframe all that much and even I can see how much better it is than Destiny 2. Why doesn't that game get the hype that Destiny gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    I don't even play Warframe all that much and even I can see how much better it is than Destiny 2. Why doesn't that game get the hype that Destiny gets?
    Is warframe FPS now or did i miss something?

Anyways, the sheer backlog of halo fanbois is enough to carry almost anything bungie could possibly shit out.

Bring me Myth days Bungie back.

this game would have been better if it properly embraced being an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    this game would have been better if it properly embraced being an MMO.
    Exactly.

Lawlz

I enjoyed D2 for a couple of weeks. Once I hit the point of waiting for weekly refreshes for awards from playing the same content I lost all interest. I think I've jumped on twice since and not been particularly inspired to stick at it. It isn't a bad game mechanics wise, there just isn't much content. It should have been an expansion to D1. I went back to D1 during one of their maintenance days and had more fun there with the raids than D2 offers.

Worth playing through if you find it cheap but at present it isn't going to entertain you long enough to warrant full price.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    I enjoyed D2 for a couple of weeks. Once I hit the point of waiting for weekly refreshes for awards from playing the same content I lost all interest. I think I've jumped on twice since and not been particularly inspired to stick at it. It isn't a bad game mechanics wise, there just isn't much content. It should have been an expansion to D1. I went back to D1 during one of their maintenance days and had more fun there with the raids than D2 offers.

Worth playing through if you find it cheap but at present it isn't going to entertain you long enough to warrant full price.
    This sums it up well for me too - nothing wrong with the game I'm just bored already.

The fact that they were pushing an expansion pack within a fortnight of the game being released on pc also left a bit of a sour taste for me.

huehuehue

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    huehuehue

As much as I agree that destiny needs a couple of updates to come near D1 levels again, this whole thing is overblown, and mainly a straw man because people are so pissed and have developed a new hobby called "find-the-fault-in-destiny"

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post

As much as I agree that destiny needs a couple of updates to come near D1 levels again, this whole thing is overblown, and mainly a straw man because people are so pissed and have developed a new hobby called "find-the-fault-in-destiny"
    Yeah, we had a daily Focus (max level+ XP) hard cap in Warframe since forever, although it was high enough to not matter for casuals and has never bothered me. Coincidentally, that is up to get changed to... a scaling decay after the daily cap.

I want to think thats not pettyness, but who knows.

I think its a mix of latest straw on the overloaded camel and that it was an actual lie. The game said you'd got X xp the proceeded to give you significantly less. If it was a stated cap, or even just advertised as diminishing returns then people may have grumbled but at least they'd know where they stood and I don't think it would have got the same reaction.

Nekro because the base game is currently free to claim and keep on the battle.net client.

I've started playing yesterday and am basically finished today, so while the original price was a total ripoff, I'd say the current price is ok.

The forsaken expansion, bundled with everything else released so far (I think) is also only 40€ which, from what I heard when listening to destiny drama on YouTube is actually good and worth it, so long as you don't have to pay 60€for the base game as well.

I am only imagine how anyone who did must feel like bungie is giving them the finger with this. F
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Quote Originally Posted by theBlind View Post
    Nekro because the base game is currently free to claim and keep on the battle.net client.

I've started playing yesterday and am basically finished today, so while the original price was a total ripoff, I'd say the current price is ok.

The forsaken expansion, bundled with everything else released so far (I think) is also only 40€ which, from what I heard when listening to destiny drama on YouTube is actually good and worth it, so long as you don't have to pay 60€for the base game as well.

I am only imagine how anyone who did must feel like bungie is giving them the finger with this. F
    I can get plenty of piles of shite free simply by walking around behind people walking their dogs.
    I dont.

*things I didn't think I'd do: defend a Destiny game

My continued interest in this game (after my interest from a pure watchiing a trainwreck in slomo faded) is based on this review of the forsaken expansion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DypNaZOIcqo which basically says that the game, after all the changes made, is now good but at US$160 much, much overpriced.

Given that it dropped to nearly a quarter of it (for euros), this sounds much more reasonable.
    Tanks: theBlind[URBAD] (in my heart there will always be a place for [FAIL])
    Planetside2: [UBAD]theAngelic

Gonna give it a go since it's free.

Same here, so far very happy.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

So it's worth installing and giving a quick tryout then? Cause there is no price like free, after all.

For a couple of evenings shooting things it is OK, plot and cutscenes are terrible I mean teenage levels of thought and skill (not aimed at teenage but written by a 12yo as their first english essay bad) graphics also feel like something a decade old. But gunplay is not too bad and it is slower than warframe so I can actually keep up and work out what buttons I am mashing.

Dont forget Warframes open world expansion with hoverboards is around the corner so if you have to ration your internet.....

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Intro is awful and boring, shooting and visuals are good. Apparently expansion is great but i'm not inclined to give them money.