hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

Destiny 2

So it seems Destiny 2 is sneaking out on PC's tomorrow.
    Is anyone else pre-loading it ready to not bother trying to play tomorrow because their servers will be fucked ?

I for one am quite looking forward to a nice new ARPG grind-a-thon.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    So it seems Destiny 2 is sneaking out on PC's tomorrow.
    Is anyone else pre-loading it ready to not bother trying to play tomorrow because their servers will be fucked ?

I for one am quite looking forward to a nice new ARPG grind-a-thon.
    Considdering how short #1 was, I'm not sure grind-a-thon is the right name for it.
    I'll give it a poke later when it's gotten some time, reviews, patches and lowered prices.
    The first game started out great, but imo they completely fumbled it, when they just went "fuck story and stuff. that's hard work. let's just throw repeatable co-op missions at them instead. Who's gona notice?"

"...oh and make it require online. on the fucking xbox. where people have to pay a monthly subscription to even be online. Yea. good idea, cause fuck customers."

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    "...oh and make it require online. on the fucking xbox. where people have to pay a monthly subscription to even be online. Yea. good idea, cause fuck customers."
    oh i thought it was PS4 only.
    At least PCMASTERRACE gets this online thingy down.
    assuming the servers are not totally awful.

predict badness and dead within 2 weeks

Meh fuck Activision, plus I got warframe already.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've only heard good things and have everything i want in warframe so ill probably get it.

campaign is great, actual shooting mechanics were good in destiny 1 and are still good. Endgame is... meh. There's just not a lot to do.

Itīs up.

See you in 10 hrs! Please bitch here how it sucks and Warframe is better.

Or wait. I'll do that for you.

That vid is very chill.
    tl;dr: it's better than D1 Vanilla but fewer than D1+ expansions.
    ?

?
    I've had it on PS4 since launch and this is pretty much how to describe it. The single player is way, way better than vanilla D1, probably on a par with D1+all expansions in terms of quality. But it's short. You'll exhaust the single player content, including all the little side bits, in six hours or so. After that all that's really left is the grind to hit the maximum level. The only way to do this is through weekly "powerful gear" events, of which iirc there are about 3, or hammering the raid. If you're not into raiding (which takes a full party who have taken time to learn all the mechanics) this is probably about 4-5 rounds of weeklies.

However it'll end up being gear you hate. Here's the annoying bit. Vendors no longer offer a selection of rotating gear which you purchase with rep earned from activities. Instead all activities yield vendor-specific coins which you hand in for a random package. You get no choice in what you're getting, you can't wait for the next rotation. Just roll your dice and take what you're given.

It's fucking stupid lootbox mechanics shoehorned into a game for no good reason.

Bungie have already said they'll be switching back to the old system for at least Iron Banner (the short competitive PvP events), and I won't be surprised if they get rid of the token-based system for everything. It's just so unsatisfying.

That said, it's a good game. The grind is still entertaining. Public events are fun. PvP is fun (if limited). The game feels like it's got so much more stuff going on and the gunplay (on Ps4) is peerless. It'll be interesting to see how it translates to PC.

I enjoyed what I played of Destiny 1 but it never really gelled with me and as a result I never got to fully experience or appreciate the game. I knew that there was a good game there and one which I would have, in all likelihood, enjoyed immensely but alas I simply cannot adapt to using a pad for shooters.

Based upon the feedback so far, which granted is still relatively early days, I think Destiny 2 is firmly a case of wait and see for me. The changes highlighted to the loot system combined with the loss of so many systems I loved in the first game makes me cautious. The loss of these systems could significantly impact depth, replayability and longevity. It almost comes across as though Destiny 2 is an attempt to continue the story while also rebooting the game due to the wider audience, a la Mass Effect 2.

That vid is very chill.
    ?
    Or even massive fanboy manages to see through rose tinted glasses that 10hrs of content is too little for that pricetag (and spots obvious dlc cuts).

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/co...tantly_banned/

top fucking lol's m8's

So glad I decided to not get this at launch to avoid the inevitable giant PC port fuck up.

Oh wow... I really don't know what to say...

I can only assume that this is a very misguided attempt to try and prevent hacking/cheating but how shortsighted can you be, especially when so many of these applications are commonplace and often in tandem with multiplayer orientated games.

Quote Originally Posted by Armag3ddon View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/co...tantly_banned/

top fucking lol's m8's

So glad I decided to not get this at launch to avoid the inevitable giant PC port fuck up.
    *Activision*

Fucking appalling.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Internet bullshit.

Any PC clan recommendations?