hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Destiny 2

shhhh. peopel with no interest in the game who 'bin watchin' som' o'that new youtoobe are tellin' U 'bout ur game
    u best pay attenttenshun!
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Think they missed a real trick with this, especially as they have been thrown onto battle.net with Blizzard who are kinda the market leaders in twitch difficulty scaling/reward right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Think they missed a real trick with this, especially as they have been thrown onto battle.net with Blizzard who are kinda the market leaders in twitch difficulty scaling/reward right now.
    Im put off that I'd have to reinstall battlenet to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    you can't see what an engram will give you before opening it though. It is basically a loot box, but just part of the game rather than a micro transaction.
    It's also a microtransaction though, no? It's the free shit they give you to get you hooked.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    There's no microtransactions for equipment/loot/weapons in D2.
    You can buy "bright engrams" as micros, but they contain shaders, sparrows, ships etc only.
    Plus once you hit the level cap you will be shitting Brigghts out so fast you never need to spend a penny.
    I just said it also had microtransactions. Because it does. In the form of a blind loot box.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    shhhh. peopel with no interest in the game who 'bin watchin' som' o'that new youtoobe are tellin' U 'bout ur game
    u best pay attenttenshun!
    No, fuck right off.

Had plenty of interest in the game until all the absolute Bs surrounding it and the shittiness came through, but you feel free to be so defensive about your money spent and emotional investment.

As for Activision blizzard, they can go impale themselves on a rusty pike.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 3 2017 at 09:46:01 PM.

Am I failing or is it not actually possible to use your special melee ability whilst using a sword?

Specific case: Sentinel titan with a big fuckoff sword (power weapon). I'd quite like to work Defensive Strike into swinging a sword except it doesn't seem possible.
    Even if you reassign melee ability and block to different keys, if you are wielding a sword, pressing [melee ability] does nothing. (And yes, it works fine if I'm wielding a gun - even a power weapon gun.)

Tell me I'm missing something...

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

Meanwhile devs work on starvation rates
    And what pray tell is a "starvation rate" salary in value please?

I really am not seeing the appeal that makes people play this game obsessively. It is pretty and well put together but there is zero depth - or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post

Meanwhile devs work on starvation rates
    And what pray tell is a "starvation rate" salary in value please?
    Can barely afford enough avocado to live on m8.

I really am not seeing the appeal that makes people play this game obsessively. It is pretty and well put together but there is zero depth - or am I missing something?
    A lot of gamers have horrendously low standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A lot of gamers have horrendously low standards.
    It isn't that it is bad, I just have other games that do each part of it better.

Pvp? I'd rather play Titanfall 2 for my space pvp
    Pve? I enjoy Warframe more

I guess it feels enough like Halo to make me miss Halo as well.

I'm scratching my head as well. My guess is there aren't that many quality shooters on console maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    I'm scratching my head as well. My guess is there aren't that many quality shooters on console maybe?
    Possible - but CoD is a decent enough shooter in console terms and there was just a new one launched. Also Overwatch, but I have no idea how that is on console.

Possible - but CoD is a decent enough shooter in console terms and there was just a new one launched. Also Overwatch, but I have no idea how that is on console.
    Cod ow bf1 are all huge on console, and titan fall 2 etc. Are more than alive still too.

You are missing that Destiny 2 is actually a giant step back compared to Destiny 1 after the TTK expansion.

Bungie dumbed down the game so much, that it has become completely unappealing to even most casual players, let alone anyone more that casual.
    Just some things that I personally miss:

- random weapon rolls in D1. every legendary drop was possibly interesting, because it could be a combination of perks on a weapon you are looking for.
    - free choice of abilities in your subclass, not just 2 different sets per subclass.
    - 6v6 pvp modes were actually fun to play, and not just the slow "stick to your team or you're dead" longrange BS.
    - Tokens. In D1 you would get actual rewards, and not just some stupid tokens everywhere.
    - In D1 it was actually hard to get to max level, especially without doing the raid. (I don't do raids)
    - Iron banner was fun with power-levels-enabled. now its meaningless and just a renamed normal PvP mode.

etc.
    I could go on quite a while, but those among others are the reason you don't see the appeal Destiny has, because basically you are playing the wrong game.
    Destiny 1 was what drew people to it, especially after some expansions fixed the worst parts on D1 on release.
    Destiny 2 is just bland.
    I very much hope they can turn it around in a year or 2, but I very much doubt it, and this will be the end of Destiny until some one else takes over the IP in 3 years as a release title for the Playstation5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    You are missing that Destiny 2 is actually a giant step back compared to Destiny 1 after the TTK expansion.

Bungie dumbed down the game so much, that it has become completely unappealing to even most casual players, let alone anyone more that casual.
    Just some things that I personally miss:

- random weapon rolls in D1. every legendary drop was possibly interesting, because it could be a combination of perks on a weapon you are looking for.
    - free choice of abilities in your subclass, not just 2 different sets per subclass.
    - 6v6 pvp modes were actually fun to play, and not just the slow "stick to your team or you're dead" longrange BS.
    - Tokens. In D1 you would get actual rewards, and not just some stupid tokens everywhere.
    - In D1 it was actually hard to get to max level, especially without doing the raid. (I don't do raids)
    - Iron banner was fun with power-levels-enabled. now its meaningless and just a renamed normal PvP mode.

etc.
    I could go on quite a while, but those among others are the reason you don't see the appeal Destiny has, because basically you are playing the wrong game.
    Destiny 1 was what drew people to it, especially after some expansions fixed the worst parts on D1 on release.
    Destiny 2 is just bland.
    I very much hope they can turn it around in a year or 2, but I very much doubt it, and this will be the end of Destiny until some one else takes over the IP in 3 years as a release title for the Playstation5.
    M8 destiny 1 was blandness personified and most of us couldn't give two shits.

I just can't help but compare it to Warframe which I also recently started playing - it doesn't compare in terms of things to do (although the UI might be a bit better).

See you in 10 hrs! Please bitch here how it sucks and Warframe is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    predict badness and dead within 2 weeks

so... how's it all going?

Quote Originally Posted by Bentguru View Post
    campaign is great, actual shooting mechanics were good in destiny 1 and are still good. Endgame is... meh. There's just not a lot to do.
    As we're quoting posts from weeks ago.

See you in 10 hrs! Please bitch here how it sucks and Warframe is better.
    Nailed it.