hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The "I'm taking my ball and going home" Announce and Flounce Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Ehh I was a lot less involved with SHC than I am here but I don't remember so many personal attacks for some reason, it seemed like we were all a bit happier with "eve is dead" memes
    SHC had more than its fair share of personal attacks.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Ehh I was a lot less involved with SHC than I am here but I don't remember so many personal attacks for some reason, it seemed like we were all a bit happier with "eve is dead" memes
    SHC had more than its fair share of personal attacks.
    Wasn't it MaliA mostly?

I might be getting it mixed up with Kugu, it's been so long

I'm done here tbh you can delete the account or whatever I'm not sure why I come here anymore. No rage boner honest. Tara.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    I'm done here tbh you can delete the account or whatever I'm not sure why I come here anymore. No rage boner honest. Tara.

You'll be missed

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    This place used to be a community of thoughtful people who gathered together to discuss rifter fits and complain about the NOS nerf. it's now a cancerous canker of cantankerousness, and I refuse to be part of this anymore for the rest of the day. hopefully you will have sorted your shit out by tomorrow.
    >now

Were you around for SHC?
    around longer than you. SHC was more cliquey but less toxic.

Funny enough toxic wasn’t toxic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This place used to be a community of thoughtful people who gathered together to discuss rifter fits and complain about the NOS nerf. it's now a cancerous canker of cantankerousness, and I refuse to be part of this anymore for the rest of the day. hopefully you will have sorted your shit out by tomorrow.
    >now

Were you around for SHC?
    around longer than you. SHC was more cliquey but less toxic.
    It's the ageing process at work.

When SHC started it was mostly teens to early twenties guys with too much time on their hands for playing vidya games. Once people hit the second half of their twenties they usually have a job and are living on their own.

This is swiftly followed by becoming politically aware for the first time. Then the political threads start accompanied by all the crankiness from having to work for a living and deal with people. Add in the failed relationships, financial worries, general malaise and crippling emptiness that has started to set in by this stage of life and you have a recipe for radioactive shitposting old men.

On SHC most political threads were in the Eve Alliance Politics section. FHC general looks like a global politics discussion forum.

tldr, to save FHC we must cure the ageing process and/or have everyone quit their jobs and go back to live with their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

hahahahahahaha

ahahaha

Toxic was the most legitimately mentally disturbed poster on FHC

He's the only one of you who gave me the skeevies just from interacting with him

Nah we should just start a suicide cult and collectively kill ourselves, it's the only way.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Rule 5 prohibited political discussion on shc, I believe it was recinded in 2008 to permit discussion of the U.S. presidential election. I like political discussion, but it has its pitfalls, like generating hostility
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

There is also the fact that global politics has also got more toxic since 2008 and discussion of it has reached terror levels of toxicity. You only have to glance at twitter, in 2008 twitter was for arguing about pineapple on pizza. Now it's about how Nazis aren't actually that bad if you think about how much worse all the other people are.

Same on FHC. Remember the poo thread? That was fine. Now we have 4 or 5 hundreds of pages politics threads which are simply and purely mindless iodiotic sperging and internet hardmanning.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

hahahahahahaha

ahahaha

Toxic was the most legitimately mentally disturbed poster on FHC

He's the only one of you who gave me the skeevies just from interacting with him
    I liked toxic.....
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Right that's it, I'm not posting here again*

*for at least 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Right that's it, I'm not posting here again*

*for at least 30 minutes
    Back. I hope the climate of fear and mistrust has now changed.

Now we have 4 or 5 hundreds of pages politics threads which are simply and purely mindless iodiotic sperging and internet hardmanning.
    The bolded part is only true for a minority of the participants in those threads. Unfortunately they managed to turn the common perception of those threads as if everyone would do the same. I don't k now how to solve that for all, but I manage to skip over those posts, without putting people on ignore and read the remaining posts with actual content and arguments. And I still do learn things about different countries/cultures that way. Which I find valuable.

It's actually interesting how FHC has tracked the global political climate, becoming more polarised, engaging less with the other sides arguments, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    It's actually interesting how FHC has tracked the global political climate, becoming more polarised, engaging less with the other sides arguments, etc etc.
    It's a good microcosm of what's happening to the world at the moment I think

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Rule 5 prohibited political discussion on shc, I believe it was recinded in 2008 to permit discussion of the U.S. presidential election. I like political discussion, but it has its pitfalls, like generating hostility
    If you're suggesting such a rule be instated, I for one wouldn't necessarily be opposed to the idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

5 of the most active threads are politics related, not sure that's a good idea.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    It's the ageing process at work.

When SHC started it was mostly teens to early twenties guys with too much time on their hands for playing vidya games. Once people hit the second half of their twenties they usually have a job and are living on their own.

This is swiftly followed by becoming politically aware for the first time. Then the political threads start accompanied by all the crankiness from having to work for a living and deal with people. Add in the failed relationships, financial worries, general malaise and crippling emptiness that has started to set in by this stage of life and you have a recipe for radioactive shitposting old men
    WTF, you make it sound like hitting your mid 30-ies is next up to the nursing home. Are all of your lives filled with these woes you are listing, or can we go with the good ole occams razor in this case - some of you are disposed to and revel in creating drama? Because that is something entirely unheard of among both current and former eve players. We never had ANY DRAMA when we fucked around in that shitshow, no siree.