Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple video recording set up

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    You are correct and I just ordered a new Shure for school and am in the process of changing plugs on two old Sennheiser/Telefunken/Beyerdynamics* mics because they are fucking epic.

But in terms of ease of use, nothing beats rode and blue simply because they come with USB as main interface.

Rode however is an old Danish (iirc) microphone company that has been in the business forever, pretty much their Sennheiser/Beyerdynamic.

Also, I'd stick to Rode.

*branded Telefunken, produced by either Sennheiser or Beyerdynamics, can't tell right now. One of them is a Sennheiser 421, which has been in continuous production since the 60s.

Tapapapatalk
    Post pics of the Telefunken. If it's actually an older telefunken, it's probably a gem.
    It's a 421/5. It is a gem. Comes with an old Tuchel plug, our shop teacher is going to resolder an XLR plug onto the one Tuchel cable we have (not going to have the mic resoldered, even though it is apparently easy.
    If your school ever wants to get rid of that, you just let me know. Iíll give it a good retirement.
    Give me half a dozen SM58s and we may have a deal.
    could be arranged for a 60s 421.
    When I'm back at school and have had a chance to talk to the principal and take some pictures for you, we'll figure something out.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

• Lights
    • LIGHTS
    • Clipon Mic
    • Fucking lights
    • decent Smartphone on some kind of tripod

If you have good light, you can get away with a waaay cheaper camera.
    Not sure if it's enough light, but two of these kits should be a good start: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B016Q1NWLA
    Of course don't record against a large window, the background should not be lighter. Look up some "video interview composition" tips on youtube.

For mic I would go for something like this: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01GX33CN4
    Now you can record decent audio with every mobile phone.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~