hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: It's [WEDNESDAY] again

It's [WEDNESDAY] again

Slackers, where's the day thread?

Yesterday was exhausting. I had barely slept with no clue why and had not just six different classes, among them my hardest in terms of discipline, but also a meeting of the Schulkonferenz. That's the board in charge of the school with each group equally represented, so four teachers, four students, four parents. The principal is the chairman ex officio. We had all parents present, which is nice, but also two students, which is rare. Even rarer is them voicing interests etc. It did take forever and along with the usual talking to colleagues one rarely sees, I only made it home by nine.

Thankfully today is a short one, just a few classes and then two meetings with two students, each with parents, social workers, hopefully the borough's youth services and the borough's school psychologist.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Woke up at 7AM which I never do because work starts at 9.
    Had glorious pizza eggs and bacon for breakfast and have then realized I've got absolutely nothing to do until work starts. So I grabbed my brand new rc plane and headed out to the airfield where I was able to fly for an hour while enjoying the last warm sunrays and gentle but cold autumn winds.

It was glorious

And now I'm here at work walking around with a smile on my face and not giving a single fuck about all the troubles around me

Slept through my alarms as my brain has now turned them out so will have to change them to a different sound.

Last day onsite so hopefully nothing breaks because I'm not sticking around. Then it's setting off at 2am to get my 8am flight from Bucharest, get back in the UK at 11:00 then it's another 8am flight on Friday for my holiday.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Finished eight 12 hr night shifts in a row yesterday morning, I'm going to chill the fuck out today and enjoy my time off.
    Although I do have a hankering for pizza so need to go buy some.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Had glorious pizza eggs and bacon for breakfast and have then realized I've got absolutely nothing to do until work starts. So I grabbed my brand new rc plane and headed out to the airfield where I was able to fly for an hour while enjoying the last warm sunrays and gentle but cold autumn winds.

It was glorious

And now I'm here at work walking around with a smile on my face and not giving a single fuck about all the troubles around me
    I hate you.. I get up at 6 and I start work at 8:30, and I have zero time to do anything.. It takes me an hour and a half to get to work...
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    ive got about 2 chapters left of my first draft then ive finished my book

Thursday can't come soon enough as I finish this shitty training course in Doncaster tomorrow.

sent from your mum

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Congrats! It's a big achievement. I shat out maybe three novel (or long novella) length stories last year. Haven't managed anything longer than a complete 6,000 word short story recently. I did get one published though, and another that should be coming out soon.

The publishing world is a hard slog and takes a lot of perseverance. And unless you manage a massive hit, there's very little reward. It's very much a personal achievement, though, no matter how it goes.

Just found out that the two meetings aren't happening.

Awesome, can go home early today.

FICK JA!

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

It was glorious

I hate you.. I get up at 6 and I start work at 8:30, and I have zero time to do anything.. It takes me an hour and a half to get to work...
    Luckily I live 300 meters from my current workplace and 1 kilometer away from the 'airstrip'

I've been two months without a job now but I can feel a change now. I'm bored - gonna start looking for realsies now.

First John Dunsworth, now Gord Downie.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Congrats! It's a big achievement. I shat out maybe three novel (or long novella) length stories last year. Haven't managed anything longer than a complete 6,000 word short story recently. I did get one published though, and another that should be coming out soon.

The publishing world is a hard slog and takes a lot of perseverance. And unless you manage a massive hit, there's very little reward. It's very much a personal achievement, though, no matter how it goes.
    Thanks currently sitting at about 47k words i havent even thought about publishing and wouldnt even know where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post

Thanks currently sitting at about 47k words i havent even thought about publishing and wouldnt even know where to start.
    If in doubt, Amazon kindle.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Had planned to go go up 1 h before i got to work but snoozed so long i ended up rushing off to work missing my train but managed to catch the next one and only getting in 10 min late.
    But im leaving this new job in favour of a different one with shorter commute time and 2x higher pay and more responsinilty and more variation in tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post

RIP

There is still a Gord left. Fear not, lad.