hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Thursday] pew pew

[Thursday] pew pew

Not sure if i've mentioned this, but i have begun laser treatment to remove my neck hair. The ingrown hairs/blood have just become intolerable - the doc said it would eventually cause scarring.

I'm also pulling a late one.

Also, has anyone listened to Frankie Boyle's new podcast? Is it any good?

I just took a five-hour "nap".

Fuuuck

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    All day conference on something I don't know anything about in London today

Yaaaaay?

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Not sure if i've mentioned this, but i have begun laser treatment to remove my neck hair.
    They have a cure for neckbeardism now?

Spoiler:
    Sorry, could not resist. Good luck with the procedure, hope you'll get better

It'll be a massive waste of money and grow back anyways after a couple months.

Sauce: M8 who had a Pilonidal cyst and then went all in laser hair removal.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

It's actually just several dark hairs that cause the problems. The lady at the clinic said that if they did regrow then they'd schedule another 8 sessions for free. I was told that i'd get about 6 months before any regrowth and then i'll go in again.

It's quite cheap (surprisingly, i was expecting thousands), i just hate the pain. Apparently they use the same sort of laser for capillary removal, which fucking hurt last time i had it done - nearly hit the technician.

You're a party pooper.

Was super productive last night. After dinner with a colleague and my sister on the way home I did: bought some cardstock we need to send out invitations for a school event, met with the brass band meeting at my school (ran into them when I passed my school on the way home) and discussed some projects we could do, started planning for an upcoming event by creating a Google Docs Form with assigning due dates and tasks to people.

Usually the last part would have happened in rather unproductive meetings in school, this should have helped.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

taking a shit after 3 days

pure evil

Sorry about your anus.

i bet you say that to all the girls

it's not painful, but the smell... ye gods!

It depends on what's meant by "laser." There's treatment by actual dermatologists (at least here) with lasers that is more permanent and is very expensive, and there's treatment by beauticians with Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) that's called "laser," but is nowhere near as permanent as proper laser and six sessions could be sub 500. I was scammed by those cunts. I kept asking if it was proper, permanent laser and they said yes, and it had very little effect. It was only a few years later when I met an honest person working in the field* that she told me that all these places use IPL and call it laser. She said they're so clueless that they might not even realise there's a difference between laser and IPL.

Between IPL and proper laser there's electrolysis. It's a lot slower, as every hair has to be targeted individually, however it's a really old form of treatment and once a follicle is zapped, it's gone permanently. All if this is kind of irrelevant, because as long as you produce testosterone, there will be some reformation and replacement of the follicles. Growth will be reduced, but new hair will always appear. With IPL, if you need permanency you might have a few months of intense sessions, then top up sessions every few weeks, ongoing.

*This was at a pretty amazing "beauticians" place. They do a lot of treatment for people with proper medical issues, alopecia, permanent scarring, burns, etc. and hospitals refer to them. It's beauty stuff, but it's done with a medical approach. Supposedly the woman who handles all that stuff regularly buys pig carcasses to practice on their skin because of how delicate a lot of the work is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post

It depends on what's meant by "laser." There's treatment by actual dermatologists (at least here) with lasers that is more permanent and is very expensive, and there's treatment by beauticians with Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) that's called "laser," but is nowhere near as permanent as proper laser and six sessions could be sub €500. I was scammed by those cunts. I kept asking if it was proper, permanent laser and they said yes, and it had very little effect. It was only a few years later when I met an honest person working in the field* that she told me that all these places use IPL and call it laser. She said they're so clueless that they might not even realise there's a difference between laser and IPL.

Between IPL and proper laser there's electrolysis. It's a lot slower, as every hair has to be targeted individually, however it's a really old form of treatment and once a follicle is zapped, it's gone permanently. All if this is kind of irrelevant, because as long as you produce testosterone, there will be some reformation and replacement of the follicles. Growth will be reduced, but new hair will always appear. With IPL, if you need permanency you might have a few months of intense sessions, then top up sessions every few weeks, ongoing.

*This was at a pretty amazing "beauticians" place. They do a lot of treatment for people with proper medical issues, alopecia, permanent scarring, burns, etc. and hospitals refer to them. It's beauty stuff, but it's done with a medical approach. Supposedly the woman who handles all that stuff regularly buys pig carcasses to practice on their skin because of how delicate a lot of the work is.
    It's getting done at a certain street in London and I did do my research. It'll be fine, aside from smell.

M8 went to a dermatologist, spent over 1k. Wasn't happy with the result.

Hence my initial comment

Posted von mein Tapashitcunt
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget

M8 went to a dermatologist, spent over 1k€. Wasn't happy with the result.

Hence my initial comment

Posted von mein Tapashitcunt
    Yeh, this is costing more and the results are guaranteed to within a contractual margin. I didn't want to get into a pissing contest with you.

Apperently my office mildly combusted whilst I was elsewhere this morning. No one hurt, but it's slightly disconcerting to read of a 'major incident' on Facebook, having not heard a peep from colleagues.

Turned out someone had forgotten they'd put some toast in the toaster *sigh*

Survived day 3 of 9 driving in Romania, drivers are not as bad as people have made out but the roads are proper dogshite. Single lane main road for half the journey between Bucharest and Craiova is just madness. ~65kmph average speed over 2 hours was a bit soul destroying.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Well that fucking hurt.

It's getting done at a certain street in London and I did do my research. It'll be fine, aside from smell.
    Getting it done in London? I thought shaving was against sharia law?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Getting it done in London? I thought shaving was against sharia law?
    A street known for cosmetic surgery, the pain was far worse than a tattoo. I am a big babby though.

I ripped my pants in work so badly that lagwoman is bringing me in a pair of emergency trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting