Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

It's a VW thing
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soundaktor

Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If you can't find any joy in the roar of an engine with all the associated sensations that go with it then I'm afraid something is missing in you

Yes when you're trying to relax in a public place noise is a nuisance. That's going to be true of any mode of transport, tyres on a road still make noise. But if you really can't find anything to like about engines beyond efficiency I really do think something is deficient in your personality.

It's like not enjoying food. Some people consume food only as a means to keep themselves alive. I consider those people to be missing some key part of what makes a human a human. If you can't enjoy the taste of food beyond having some kind of disability that removes your sense of taste, I'm sorry but something *is* wrong with you.
    This guy gets it.

It is not about revving the engine in the parking lot and pissing off your neighbours. It is about opening the throttle in a tunnel or on a winding road with nobody else around and just feeling the road and the power. It is intoxicating freedom. Unfortunately some people just don't get it. And that is ok.
    Of course I get it. Given the opportunity a lot of people will probably enjoy it. But that is not the point.
    The video that stated this discussion just predicted that most people will switch to EV in the near future if it's cheaper and more convenient.
    There will always be people who enjoy the sound of a real motor. And that's nothing wrong with it.

I do enjoy riding my bicycle on the countryside while the sun is shining, that does not mean I look down on people who don't like it.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    You are of course correct, German cars are amazing and perfect and we should wank over them all the time because everything else is dogshit. I now see the light.

The bitterness of someone who is economically limited to Polski Fiat.
    Indeed. People who complain about German cars are those who can't afford or properly care for them.

All my three Audis were bought new and each went beyond 200,000 miles. All three were sold in perfect running condition.
    my last german car (A5) had a tendancy to shit oil, melt spark plugs and have weekly electrical tantrums

hey anecdotal evidence is the best sort ja?
    Did you buy it new?
    sorry Don missed this - yes, well basically (fleet car, 5k miles through her). went back to fleet and then to audi countless times and they never sorted the electrical or oil issues, even after stripping the guts of it out.
    You bought a used fleet car? After just 5k? Did you ever stopped to think about why they were selling it with such a low mileage?

no don, it was my fleet car and 5k was the standard shake-down they all received. probably the only reason i'm not so pissed about it being dead all the time is it was a fleet car. was also drop dead gorgeous...

"
    Which is hilarious when you talk about the wonders of cars and then buy a fucking disgusting looking diesel.
    You dont grasp the utilitarian aspect of owning a car that works well everywhere. I understand that, country with pothole roads and no real need to go across the country as "bisnesman" in your country means farmer.

Its also hilarious to claim that a BMW M550D in Carbonblack is a "fucking disgusting looking diesel".

"
    Which is hilarious when you talk about the wonders of cars and then buy a fucking disgusting looking diesel.
    You dont grasp the utilitarian aspect of owning a car that works well everywhere. I understand that, country with pothole roads and no real need to go across the country as "bisnesman" in your country means farmer.

Its also hilarious to claim that a BMW M550D in Carbonblack is a "fucking disgusting looking diesel".
    It is. Utterly awful proportions and ridiculous back with none of the good looking bits of modern BMWs. It's also a car of endless compromises for people who want to look well off but have no taste or no capability of actually deciding on anything, truly the mark of the boring shite you so well represent.

Also keep going with the country and generation insults when you have no actual point, truly classy and oh so adult of you.
    Last edited by Isyel; January 14 2018 at 10:03:02 AM.

Meta needs to create an identity centered around owning firearms and being knowledgeable about cars because that's what being a man is all about.

This faux masculinity is far more self affirming than being a fat American breathlessly hammering a keyboard with clubbed fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If you can't find any joy in the roar of an engine with all the associated sensations that go with it then I'm afraid something is missing in you

Yes when you're trying to relax in a public place noise is a nuisance. That's going to be true of any mode of transport, tyres on a road still make noise. But if you really can't find anything to like about engines beyond efficiency I really do think something is deficient in your personality.

It's like not enjoying food. Some people consume food only as a means to keep themselves alive. I consider those people to be missing some key part of what makes a human a human. If you can't enjoy the taste of food beyond having some kind of disability that removes your sense of taste, I'm sorry but something *is* wrong with you.
    this is the most autismal shit I've read in years
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

It is. Utterly awful proportions and ridiculous back with none of the good looking bits of modern BMWs. It's also a car of endless compromises for people who want to look well off but have no taste or no capability of actually deciding on anything, truly the mark of the boring shite you so well represent.

Also keep going with the country and generation insults when you have no actual point, truly classy and oh so adult of you.
    As I posted before, actual bitterness of the poor.

hello

german car owner here

you can't claim you love cars and think they're great then buy a diesel

love and kisses
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Iits a business tool required for driving to meetings across Europe. No interest in going to the pump twice a day for times sake. Cant beat a large diesel in terms of practicality.

Edit:
    The commonality of this thread AND the gun thread however is funny, because there is a stark divide between INTERNET THEORISTS and people who are confronted with things in daily life.
    Same here, some people have internet theories about 100k cars, others drive them. And oh lord beware if you actually have the thing, the internet theorists will educate you how it really is in theorystan.
    Last edited by metacannibal; January 14 2018 at 11:05:01 AM.

Iits a business tool required for driving to meetings across Europe. No interest in going to the pump twice a day for times sake. Cant beat a large diesel in terms of practicality.

Edit:
    The commonality of this thread AND the gun thread however is funny, because there is a stark divide between INTERNET THEORISTS and people who are confronted with things in daily life.
    Same here, some people have internet theories about 100k cars, others drive them. And oh lord beware if you actually have the thing, the internet theorists will educate you how it really is in theorystan.
    I get ~450 motorway miles out of a 2.5L 6banger petrol. Just did IOM -> Alps and back in it.

Edit:
    What's internet theory about finding your car ugly? :thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    I get ~450 motorway miles out of a 2.5L 6banger petrol. Just did IOM -> Alps and back in it.
    Yup, and then try that at 120+mph, which is normal here. In practical driving, getting from A to B esp. in Germany, few things beat a large diesel. Fastest way to get from Door A to Door B in a "very comfy" way. Esp. if you often visit "off airport" locations, often saving a night.Its an atypical usecase indeed (but still my usecase which is what counts to my choice), and if I were to drive less of this type I would have gone down the V8 Petrol route. Because fuck why not.
    Last week had a funn case going to shithole south germany, with a factory RS6 (had IN plates) going the same direction. I could not keep up with him once the traffic allowed some speedier sections behind Frankfurt. But he overtook me twice after our initial encoutner. Cause his car takes a 30L sip from the cup of joy every 100k, and mine does 16-20. Saves alot of headache of not going to the gas station every 1.5hrs.

Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

I get the distinct disturbance in the forumpoasts that Isyel is trolling the shit out of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Everything. People appraise things differently when you are actually looking at HAVING it or just theorycrafting it. Funny enough, EXACTLY the same was my opinion bias on both the BMW 5GT and 550D. "OH ITS UGLY, OH ITS NOT AN M5". Fuck that shit.

Everything. People appraise things differently when you are actually looking at HAVING it or just theorycrafting it. Funny enough, EXACTLY the same was my opinion bias on both the BMW 5GT and 550D. "OH ITS UGLY, OH ITS NOT AN M5". Fuck that shit.
    No, that's you being an idiot.

I am somehow amazed you can't seem to understand that I've always disliked the 5 series and yours is a particularly ugly version of it on top. Literally just that model. Now, i understand you're trying to make yourself seem more strong powerful and important by wanking about your car, but that's literally what poor people in those countries you make fun of do. Buy an expensive car and make all their worth about that car. Gloriously pathetic manlet scenes.

I get the distinct disturbance in the forumpoasts that Isyel is trolling the shit out of us.

Since when is finding a physical object ugly trolling?

Fucking get a grip you retards, christ.

if we could only power cars with osmotic power from all the salt in dis fred
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    if we could only power cars with osmotic power from all the salt in dis fred
    Elon Musk would call it a bad idea, and we'd have another forum war.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    No, that's you being an idiot.

I am somehow amazed you can't seem to understand that I've always disliked the 5 series and yours is a particularly ugly version of it on top. Literally just that model. Now, i understand you're trying to make yourself seem more strong powerful and important by wanking about your car, but that's literally what poor people in those countries you make fun of do. Buy an expensive car and make all their worth about that car. Gloriously pathetic manlet scenes.

Since when is finding a physical object ugly trolling?

Fucking get a grip you retards, christ.
    You and the bitter beetle driver have one thing in common. You have no taste when it comes to cars.

Just stop.