hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 110 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2515

Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Elon Musk's magic arsehole?
    That's the name of my synthwave band
    I play synth (duh duh du duuu duh) we all play synth (dah duh du daaa dah)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Once the EV car pool reaches critical mass.
    Any estimates on said critical mass?
    1/3rd.
    I'd put it at 10%, and shit will snowball.
    The only "shit" that will "snowball" are the lithium and cobalt prices, making EV even more stupidly expensive, while still being limited in range and performance.

You just replacing one semi-finite resource with another, much more scarce.

At least one can make biodiesel from plants. Where you gonna get all this lithium for that "critical mass"? Elon Musk's magic arsehole?
    There is still quite a bit of both Lithium and Cobalt around.
    New mines are popping up.

Also much research going into new batteries using common materials.

There's still plenty of the third world we can extract cobalt and lithium from using slavery and ecosystem destruction. The biggest expense is flying geologists over to find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    There's still plenty of the third world we can extract cobalt and lithium from using slavery and ecosystem destruction. The biggest expense is flying geologists over to find it.
    This.
    Its mostly only mined in China/Australia.
    Chile on the other hand, got more Lithium than both combined.
    This is where they are ramping up production.

Last year BMW signed a deal with Chile, for a massive amount of Lithium.

What "common materials"?!? Used tissues and Mountain Dew cans? Do you ficking understand that Lithium is the most efficient electrode material due to its basic chemical properties? Sodium, while obviously plentiful, does not work as effectively as Lithium.

Do you think "reseach" is some fucking magic, that you can overcome fundamental physics limitation if you "grind" enough XP doing it???

What "common materials"?!? Used tissues and Mountain Dew cans? Do you ficking understand that Lithium is the most efficient electrode material due to its basic chemical properties? Sodium, while obviously plentiful, does not work as effectively as Lithium.

Do you think "reseach" is some fucking magic, that you can overcome fundamental physics limitation if you "grind" enough XP doing it???
    Thats the MO for Fusion grant application afaict

Or you know, super capacitors which use significantly less lithium and stuff.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Or you know, super capacitors which use significantly less lithium and stuff.
    Stuff like sand, polymers. It's called solid state batteries.
    So far they still use Lithium, but at a much less ratio.
    Lithium is not the best material, it's just the one we currently have.

Stuff like sand, polymers. It's called solid state batteries.
    Can you please elaborate how you make an electrochemical battery out of a fucking sand? Also, which "polymers" exactly?

Lithium is not the best material, it's just the one we currently have.
    Well, I guess we have to do more "research" to come up with new elements in the periodic table. Maybe Musk can fly his rocket to Pandora to mine Unobtainium for his next-generation batteries. I think I saw a science documentary about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Elon Musk's magic arsehole?
    That's the name of my synthwave band
    I play synth (duh duh du duuu duh) we all play synth (dah duh du daaa dah)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    20:20 VISION JUST A PAIR OF EMPTY FRAMES

Well, I guess we have to do more "research" to come up with new elements in the periodic table.
    What are actinides?

Well, I guess we have to do more "research" to come up with new elements in the periodic table.
    What are actinides?
    Actinides are unstable, radioactive metallic elements that are fundamentally different in chemical properties from alkali metals.

Furthermore, the number of actinides is fixed, they are exactly 15 of them. If instead of masturbating to a picture of Marx, Keckers had paid attention in science class , he would use the term trans-actinides (Z=>104) instead.

If instead of googling things to be a pedant, Don had read Marx, he would have understood why Donald Trump won the election and adequately braced himself instead of disappearing for 3 months after the election.

> implying I need to use Google to know what actinides are

0/10

Keckers is trans-informed when it comes to elemental chemistry. He needs our support, not our discrimination

I decided to completely wipe my head of all STEM knowledge a couple of years ago. I then started making much more money, being socially aware and girls started talking to me. I highly recommend it to Don who might start caring less about electric cars taking over the world.

I guess where energy density is less important non lithium based battery tech is being explored to conserve the precious stuff. So lithium battery tech for portable stuff and transport. Other stuff for power grids and static storage.

I decided to completely wipe my head of all STEM knowledge a couple of years ago. I then started making much more money, being socially aware and girls started talking to me. I highly recommend it to Don who might start caring less about electric cars taking over the world.
    First signs of the sickness known as Smuggoism appearing in keckers? Thoughts and prayers x

Reverse Smuggoism. I drift left as he drifts right.

Only one more step to black pajamas, comrade.
    meh