Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Renault ahahaha

:smarnca:
    He can't help but wank over everything Audi, hardly surprising.
    Germans know how to make cars

French cars are just garbage
    Unless you're a poor
    Germans know Engines and Engineering.

French car makers have always been forerunners on technology.
    EV's also a much simpler beast. Much less parts with wear and tear.
    Except its typically the electronics that is the main problem with french cars.

That and everything else
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...s-battery-life

Interesting, and with good possible ramifications for batteries in cars and their workable lifespan.

Potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    http://www.straitstimes.com/singapor...s-battery-life

Interesting, and with good possible ramifications for batteries in cars and their workable lifespan.

Potentially.
    probably gonna see it in handheld/home electronics sooner than in cars tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Renault ahahaha

:smarnca:
    He can't help but wank over everything Audi, hardly surprising.
    Germans know how to make cars

French cars are just garbage
    Unless you're a poor
    Germans know Engines and Engineering.

French car makers have always been forerunners on technology.
    EV's also a much simpler beast. Much less parts with wear and tear.
    Except its typically the electronics that is the main problem with french cars.
    Hurr car stereotypes, I r smart and know cars gut so i repeat shit people say like a demented parrot.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I watch top gear. I judge cars based on how much soul an old white guy told me they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    I watch top gear. I judge cars based on how much soul an old white guy told me they have.
    You're not wrong.

Haven't Renault and Peugeot etc won the Euro car of the year awards a number of times? Not having a car, I can't judge, but there's a car sharing business here in Switzerland, most of whose budget cars are Renaults, Peugeots and CitroŽns and they are really not bad little cars. They feel a bit plastic-y compared to the German ones, mostly VW in this case, but they're nicer to drive, from my experience. Now, if someone could just get these motherfuckers in their SUVs off the road, I'd be a whole lot happier on the road.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Drove a French van for 50 to 70 hours a week for a year did I

It performed admirably as long as you didn't crash it.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Haven't Renault and Peugeot etc won the Euro car of the year awards a number of times? Not having a car, I can't judge, but there's a car sharing business here in Switzerland, most of whose budget cars are Renaults, Peugeots and CitroŽns and they are really not bad little cars. They feel a bit plastic-y compared to the German ones, mostly VW in this case, but they're nicer to drive, from my experience. Now, if someone could just get these motherfuckers in their SUVs off the road, I'd be a whole lot happier on the road.
    They're fine for the first three-four years usually and then less and less electric systems work until you're left to hand crank them in the morning.
    Source: my parents used to be obsessed with peugeots from i was a toddler until very recently when i managed to talk sense into them. I mean changing your lightbulbs once a month, having all windows suddenly open in the middle of a blizzard because you hit the cigarette lighter and so on and so forth gets tiring after a short while. They are very comfortable rides though so theres that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    They're fine for the first three-four years usually and then less and less electric systems work until you're left to hand crank them in the morning.
    My parents weren't even that lucky with their Renault. Started out with something mechanical screaming while moving so they started with replacing brakes and ended up replacing all of the drivetrain except the engine. And then the electrical faults started happening. Nightmare of a car but it was comfortable with lots of neat storage areas etc.

Sisters Citroen ate oil from day one but she managed to get her entire engine replaced after much bellowing at the dealer.

But the worst one was a coworkers Peugeot. The AC would during hot and sunny days blast away until you were freezing in the cabin only to shut off to a whisper. There it would sit as the temperatures rose. And rose and rose until you were dripping with sweat and then it would blast you again chilling you to the bone. Rince and repeat. Peugeot said "working as intented".

French cars, not even once.

They won numerous car of the year awards because poor people keep buying Clios and Twingos and think they're good

oh wait I'm one of those poors

Slavs deserve Renaults

Derpin from Chinaphone

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Slavs deserve Renaults

Derpin from Chinaphone
    I currently drive an Opel which is basically German Renault

But I am going for VW, Audi, BMW, Volvo soon™

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Slavs deserve Renaults

Derpin from Chinaphone
    we even got a renault factory down here, for maximum failtegration

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

lel

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    I base it on the "phwoar" personally.
    meh

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Haven't Renault and Peugeot etc won the Euro car of the year awards a number of times?
    The Euro car of the year award is largely irrelevant and often divorced from reality. And it might as well be named Boring car of the year award, since they rarely seem to elect cars that people actually get excited about (excluding supercars and such). The current holder of the title is the Peugeot 3008...

Also an ex-colleague of mine who worked for the ANWB for a while (national road-side assistance amongst other things) told me a story about failure statistics they had on all car models when their owners used them to go on vacation outside our country. I think it was the original Renault Espace which had the dubious honour of being the only car ever that managed to rack up a failure rate of over 100%. The way it got that high was that they often failed more than once in one holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Haven't Renault and Peugeot etc won the Euro car of the year awards a number of times?
    The Euro car of the year award is largely irrelevant and often divorced from reality. And it might as well be named Boring car of the year award, since they rarely seem to elect cars that people actually get excited about (excluding supercars and such). The current holder of the title is the Peugeot 3008...

Also an ex-colleague of mine who worked for the ANWB for a while (national road-side assistance amongst other things) told me a story about failure statistics they had on all car models when their owners used them to go on vacation outside our country. I think it was the original Renault Espace which had the dubious honour of being the only car ever that managed to rack up a failure rate of over 100%. The way it got that high was that they often failed more than once in one holiday.
    No but you can't get excited about cars Overspark. That's not *******R A T I O N A L******* hur hurr "soul"

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Do we have to go over how idiotic car quality perception is all over again? Really? I swear cars are one of the subjects people are the dumbest around, much like politics.

Last edited by Isyel; January 10 2018 at 11:19:31 PM.