hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202728293031323340 ... LastLast

Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Tesla made 440 vehicles since beginning production of Model 3 in August, 180 during the last months.

That's six cars per day. I think the only CO2 we'd have to worry about is the hot air produced by Elon Musk.

https://electrek.co/2017/11/09/tesla...ction-numbers/
    Don forgets they have other models. Nobody is shocked by his lack of perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Speaking of other Tesla models, "Ludicrous" mode is out, "Chill" mode is in:

“You can now choose between two acceleration options in your vehicle: Chill and Standard. Chill makes acceleration more gradual – ideal for smoother driving and a gentler ride for your passengers.”
    https://electrek.co/2017/11/05/tesla...-acceleration/

Translation: "our batteries cannot take rapid discharge cycles, so we reducing your car's performance whether you like it or not".

Inb4 "relaxed" braking mode

whether you like it or not
    But... It's an option.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    But... It's an option.
    No, it's not. It used to be "Ludicrous" and "Standard". Now it is "Standard" and "Chill". Both modes have been remapped to preserve battery.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Good news for Tesla: it seems the Senate tax bill will keep the $7500 tax incentive, which is a big deal for Tesla as many model 3 preorders hinged on that.

Tesla made 440 vehicles since beginning production of Model 3 in August, 180 during the last months.

That's six cars per day. I think the only CO2 we'd have to worry about is the hot air produced by Elon Musk.

https://electrek.co/2017/11/09/tesla...ction-numbers/
    Don forgets they have other models. Nobody is shocked by his lack of perception.
    According to Musk we should have been at 5k/week now. What they are doing isnt serial production but s small prototype shop production. Fucking amateur hour.

I'm still a few years away from buying a new car. If I'm in a position to get a 'new' new car (which isn't unlikely) I'd like to get a PEV but I'll only get one if I live <50 miles from my place of work and I have off street parking. I don't have either of these at the moment, let alone both.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    I'm still a few years away from buying a new car. If I'm in a position to get a 'new' new car (which isn't unlikely) I'd like to get a PEV but I'll only get one if I live <50 miles from my place of work and I have off street parking. I don't have either of these at the moment, let alone both.
    Who commutes 50 miles? Where do you live?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Man, you should see some of the motorcycle reviews on youtube, a good number of them commute more than that, and I've met a number of americans from the midwest who commute very long distances as well.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Man, you should see some of the motorcycle reviews on youtube, a good number of them commute more than that, and I've met a number of americans from the midwest who commute very long distances as well.
    That's true, and Californians
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

But... It's an option.
    No, it's not. It used to be "Ludicrous" and "Standard". Now it is "Standard" and "Chill". Both modes have been remapped to preserve battery.
    Yeah... that article doesn't make it clear that they've removed ludicrous from their options. I don't see anyone else saying that specifically. I suspect if they did that there'd be a lot of noise about it.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    mines a 70 mile-round, not 50 each way though.

m8 https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/audi/rs6

"the only car you'd ever need..."

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

That car costs more than my house lol.

i'd sell a house for a great touring - you can live in it anyway

but then you also need to put the babby in somewhere

alterantively

Last edited by RazoR; November 12 2017 at 10:14:40 PM.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

What's your point? The Tesla's numbers are much better than the comparative-use-case BMW (which is 30% more expensive). The Mirage is not a direct replacement, it has a totally different use case. If Tesla eventually make a small city hatchback runaround then the comparison will be apt.

I guess one thing to take from this comparison is that the Model S is a luxury sedan with an environmental impact closer to that of a shitty hatchback.

Another thing to note is this looks at CO2 (equivalents) only, and not all the other effects of emissions from ICEs e.g. polution.
    I was just posting an image with relevant info that I came across on Twitter and you attacked me. I'm getting pretty fed up with this tbh. I posted an image of the IMS core sample in the image thread and got people attacking me and talking about how old their houses are like it was fucking relevant. You people are damaged.
    "attacked you"?

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

That car costs more than my house lol.
    But can your house drive you around?

Meanwhile, Tesla showcases Model 3 to investors in an effort to raise cash.

Goes about as expected.

The analyst found a misalignment in the Model 3's glass roof, body panel gaps, rubber trim issues around windows and misaligned seams in the interior ceiling of the car, according to his note.

"Our inspection revealed widespread shortcomings in fit and finish ... Tesla representatives acknowledged some of the fit issues, but stated that they believed that Model 3 was much further ahead than where Model X and S had been at this point in production," he wrote.

"We do find the statements credible, we can't help noting that Tesla likely chose to share with us its highest quality/best assembled units, so issues on other cars may be even more pronounced."
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/10/bern...est-drive.html