hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Itís not, but petrolheads donít want them. And everybody else gives zero fucks so itís gonna become a financial decision, not an emotional one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we should go back to horses tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    If you want more road deaths, more pollution and more congestion this is an excellent idea

isnt that the most eco friendly solution in the long run? the faster we off ourselves the sooner earth recovers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    The stronger component of the electric revolution is the concurrent advances in self driving vehicles.

It is projected that companies will be able to operate self driving EVs for <$0.20/mile, so instead of commuting to work or driving for groceries or downtown, people will be able to order these cars like Ubers that cost almost nothing to go wherever they need to go; then they automatically return home to charge as needed.

This will be the true death of personal internal combustion vehicles.
    Why wouldn't you be able to apply the same tech to ice cars? I have no idea why people think self driving is only an electric car thing.
    Because huge numbers of cities, if not entire countries, are on the verge of banning combustion vehicles because of the number of people they kill just by existing

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Here's an actually balanced review by someone who played 60 hours and beat the final act comfortably without microtransactions

https://kotaku.com/what-you-need-to-...sia-1819293793
    M8

games forum is-----------> thataway, Lall

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    lol soz 2 tabs 1 cup

The stronger component of the electric revolution is the concurrent advances in self driving vehicles.

It is projected that companies will be able to operate self driving EVs for <$0.20/mile, so instead of commuting to work or driving for groceries or downtown, people will be able to order these cars like Ubers that cost almost nothing to go wherever they need to go; then they automatically return home to charge as needed.

My car can do 0.12p/mile and this includes servicing and consumables and fuel, why would you want something that's equally or more expensive and not yours at the same time?

This is what I can't understand. Maybe soon enuf people will pay other people to impregnate their wife, with all the effort involved and stuff.

Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?©Doomchinchilla 2015

"I DONT WANT THIS SO HOW COULD ANYONE WANT THIS?"

bonus points for the cuck meme

It's easier to roll multiple technological changes into single product offerings when they're fairly revolutionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

My car can do 0.12p/mile and this includes servicing and consumables and fuel, why would you want something that's equally or more expensive and not yours at the same time?

This is what I can't understand. Maybe soon enuf people will pay other people to impregnate their wife, with all the effort involved and stuff.

Your post history coupled with being a doctor is honestly one of the most bizarre aspects of this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post

Why wouldn't you be able to apply the same tech to ice cars? I have no idea why people think self driving is only an electric car thing.
    Because huge numbers of cities, if not entire countries, are on the verge of banning combustion vehicles because of the number of people they kill just by existing
    That's not the question I asked m8. But feel free to go off point.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Your post history coupled with being a doctor is honestly one of the most bizarre aspects of this forum.
    An acquaintance of mine who is also a doctor said: "you don't have to be really bright to become a doctor. You just have to be hardworking to get through the books "

This is what I can't understand
    HINT: Your time is not free

Well, it is. If you're going to invest in a brand new fleet of self-driving vehicles, do you go for the ones that are likely to be banned* in your most lucrative markets within the next five to ten years or the ones that are likely to be the new global standard within our lifetimes?

*If not banned then substantially more expensive.

Same goes for HGVs. HGV companies are taking the opportunity offered by investing in self-driving truck research to also look at electric trucks. Why wouldn't they?

An acquaintance of mine who is also a doctor said: "you don't have to be really bright to become a doctor. You just have to be hardworking to get through the books "
    You've just got to be rich enough to afford it.

Well, it is. If you're going to invest in a brand new fleet of self-driving vehicles, do you go for the ones that are likely to be banned* in your most lucrative markets within the next five to ten years or the ones that are likely to be the new global standard within our lifetimes?

*If not banned then substantially more expensive.

Same goes for HGVs. HGV companies are taking the opportunity offered by investing in self-driving truck research to also look at electric trucks. Why wouldn't they?

The catch is in the driving system not in the system controls. Controlling the steering wheel, gas pedals, brakes etc is the smallest problem here and the investment is virtually non-existent.

Medicine school is free here

Lol not outside of Freedomistan mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    If you want more road deaths, more pollution and more congestion this is an excellent idea
    I don't want any of those things but I'd love a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

I use a shared car that costs me far more per mile than yours does. I also guarantee I spend far less than you (well, car owners here) monthly on transportation.

Can you figure out how?

Not owning a car in favor of ubering and ride sharing and whatnot is has become fairly common in this city and it makes a ton of sense for everyone involved.
    Last edited by Frug; October 12 2017 at 10:57:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.