hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 81 of 126 FirstFirst ... 31717879808182838491 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2515

Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

No, buying an overly expensive car has nothing to do with individual mobility and freedom but everything with you wanking off about how amazing you are. Which is hilarious when you talk about the wonders of cars and then buy a fucking disgusting looking diesel.
    Yes, "disgusting looking diesel".

Fuck off, retard.

1) That's not Meta's car.

2) Fuck diesels that think they're more than they are.

You're cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post

No, buying an overly expensive car has nothing to do with individual mobility and freedom but everything with you wanking off about how amazing you are. Which is hilarious when you talk about the wonders of cars and then buy a fucking disgusting looking diesel.

Fuck off, retard.
    1 its a one off racing concept, 2 it would never be available in the US. and 3, it has an electric supercharger
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; January 14 2018 at 01:24:28 AM.

Threads like this are a good reminder that it's okay to hate old people.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

Fuck off, retard.
    1 its a one off racing concept, 2 it would never be available in the US. and 3, it has an electric supercharger
    wait this is even better

While we are no fans of artificial sound engineering, Audi is forgiven for squashing this diesel’s clatter with—we’re not making this up—a pair of speakers situated near the dual tailpipes. The auditory benefits are considerable. They emit a dark rumble at idle and deliver a subdued roar as you race up the rev scale.
    fucking hilarious

wait this is even better

While we are no fans of artificial sound engineering, Audi is forgiven for squashing this diesel’s clatter with—we’re not making this up—a pair of speakers situated near the dual tailpipes. The auditory benefits are considerable. They emit a dark rumble at idle and deliver a subdued roar as you race up the rev scale.
    fucking hilarious

fucking hilarious
    Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

BMW does the same thing with their production cars. It IS retarded. Porsche does not need all this artificial shit, since flat-six sounds awesome, even when muffled by a turbo.

I am not a fan of "performance exhausts" either, ones that are tuned to emit the "burble" of a race-tuned engine when you lift off the throttle. This actually reduces the efficiency in normal driving, but Subaru-driving faggots came to associate it with "performance".
    Last edited by Don Rumata; January 14 2018 at 03:17:29 AM.

BMW does the same thing with their production cars. It IS retarded. Porsche does not need all this artificial shit, since flat-six sounds awesome, even when muffled by a turbo.

I am not a fan of "performance exhausts" either, ones that are tuned to emit the "burble" of a race-tuned engine when you lift off the throttle.
    woah woah woah. bmw's play sound through the stereo speakers because the car is so well insulated that you don't really get to enjoy the sound of the car.

The audi plays sound outside of the car because it's diesel engine literally sounds like shit.

I can imagine a future where electric cars, with all that torque on tap, will feature torqueprint(tm) technology, which will allow the vastly more responsive electric motors on each wheel to simulate the power curves of famous legacy automotive vehicles, with truesound(tm) technology adding to the sensation by playing the engine note of the car you've chosen to enjoy as you throw the simulgear(tm) stick the car is equipped with, which models the force feedback of the gear stick in the simulated vehicle, to "tweak" the torque band and probably cause sub-optimal performance.
    meh

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

I am not a fan of "performance exhausts" either, ones that are tuned to emit the "burble" of a race-tuned engine when you lift off the throttle.
    woah woah woah. bmw's play sound through the stereo speakers because the car is so well insulated that you don't really get to enjoy the sound of the car.

The audi plays sound outside of the car because it's diesel engine literally sounds like shit.
    It's a common thing to see some uppity volkswagen beetle/audi owner try to juxtapose their shit cars with Bavarian engineering excellence, in order for them to feel a bit better about their terrible life choices. It's a bit sad, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    It's a common thing to see some uppity volkswagen beetle/audi owner try to juxtapose their shit cars with Bavarian engineering excellence...
    Ingolstadt is literally in the geographical center of Bavaria...
    Last edited by Don Rumata; January 14 2018 at 04:42:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    If you can't find any joy in the roar of an engine with all the associated sensations that go with it then I'm afraid something is missing in you

Yes when you're trying to relax in a public place noise is a nuisance. That's going to be true of any mode of transport, tyres on a road still make noise. But if you really can't find anything to like about engines beyond efficiency I really do think something is deficient in your personality.

It's like not enjoying food. Some people consume food only as a means to keep themselves alive. I consider those people to be missing some key part of what makes a human a human. If you can't enjoy the taste of food beyond having some kind of disability that removes your sense of taste, I'm sorry but something *is* wrong with you.
    This guy gets it.

It is not about revving the engine in the parking lot and pissing off your neighbours. It is about opening the throttle in a tunnel or on a winding road with nobody else around and just feeling the road and the power. It is intoxicating freedom. Unfortunately some people just don't get it. And that is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Anyone who doesn't enjoy the same things as me has something wrong with them.

Wew.
    I think it is more about how people try to shove electric and self driving cars on our collective throats when a lot of us would find it restraining and limiting and soulless. For me it would be like somebody would come into my household and replace my waifu which I had been married to 15 years with a sex doll. I know this is uncomprehensible to some people, but if you want a self driving electric car just take the damn bus. We don't need more cars on the road, self driving or not.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I can imagine a future where electric cars, with all that torque on tap, will feature torqueprint(tm) technology, which will allow the vastly more responsive electric motors on each wheel to simulate the power curves of famous legacy automotive vehicles, with truesound(tm) technology adding to the sensation by playing the engine note of the car you've chosen to enjoy as you throw the simulgear(tm) stick the car is equipped with, which models the force feedback of the gear stick in the simulated vehicle, to "tweak" the torque band and probably cause sub-optimal performance.
    You should patent the names and variations asap, when this comes out you will be cashing in big time.

But really, this isn't so far fetched. I will expect a "hard mode" setting mimicking the '60s Mustang Cobra handling and brakes
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    It's a common thing to see some uppity volkswagen beetle/audi owner try to juxtapose their shit cars with Bavarian engineering excellence...
    Ingolstadt is literally in the geographical center of Bavaria...
    Wolfsburg is not. Since Audi is literally owned by Volkswagen these days. And there is only one brand with 'Bavarian' in it's name

Being a regular beetle driver, I know you hear this a lot: Try to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    If you can't find any joy in the roar of an engine with all the associated sensations that go with it then I'm afraid something is missing in you

Yes when you're trying to relax in a public place noise is a nuisance. That's going to be true of any mode of transport, tyres on a road still make noise. But if you really can't find anything to like about engines beyond efficiency I really do think something is deficient in your personality.

It's like not enjoying food. Some people consume food only as a means to keep themselves alive. I consider those people to be missing some key part of what makes a human a human. If you can't enjoy the taste of food beyond having some kind of disability that removes your sense of taste, I'm sorry but something *is* wrong with you.
    This guy gets it.

It is not about revving the engine in the parking lot and pissing off your neighbours. It is about opening the throttle in a tunnel or on a winding road with nobody else around and just feeling the road and the power. It is intoxicating freedom. Unfortunately some people just don't get it. And that is ok.
    How often do you hit the open road? My first thought when thinking of car is commute to work. For me car does not represent freedom but annoyance and entrapment. Every weekend I drive to the mountains and that hike does represents freedom to me, but my car is not a part of that experience.
    Hiro Cor

wait this is even better

fucking hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post

This guy gets it.

How often do you hit the open road? My first thought when thinking of car is commute to work. For me car does not represent freedom but annoyance and entrapment. Every weekend I drive to the mountains and that hike does represents freedom to me, but my car is not a part of that experience.
    The problem is exactly this, people associate driving with commuting. And likely a commuting car isn't that exciting, nor is the regular family wagon. That's why lots of brands have high powered saloons and wagons.

Or did you think that RS6 or V12 Merc wagon are for taking the kids to school? ^^ They're simply trying to recreate that feeling but with added child seats and a likely terrified waifu in the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post

This guy gets it.

The problem is exactly this, people associate driving with commuting. And likely a commuting car isn't that exciting, nor is the regular family wagon. That's why lots of brands have high powered saloons and wagons.

Or did you think that RS6 or V12 Merc wagon are for taking the kids to school? ^^ They're simply trying to recreate that feeling but with added child seats and a likely terrified waifu in the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'll find it shocking to know most people just don't give a fuck about your hobbies and how much you want to stick a penis down your cars exhaust pipe. And that is fine.

Stop treating them like retards because of it and saying how tragic it is, because that is in itself the truly tragic thing here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Ferrari basically already does something close to this. One of the way they make their newer turbo cars still feel exciting is by limiting torque at lower revs and opening it up at higher revs, to match a naturally aspirated engine feeling.

Also I quite enjoy my NA V6 during the daily commute to and from work, even though that definitely isn't on an open road.

Wait why are people so angry about cars?

Also what is the used car market like for teslas that are over 5 years old? Theres plenty of older prius' with non existent battery capacity out there. But that doesnt cripple the prius.