hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 79 of 126 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980818289 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2515

Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    You are of course correct, German cars are amazing and perfect and we should wank over them all the time because everything else is dogshit. I now see the light.

The bitterness of someone who is economically limited to Polski Fiat.
    Indeed. People who complain about German cars are those who can't afford or properly care for them.

All my three Audis were bought new and each went beyond 200,000 miles. All three were sold in perfect running condition.
    my last german car (A5) had a tendancy to shit oil, melt spark plugs and have weekly electrical tantrums

hey anecdotal evidence is the best sort ja?
    Of course! I'll also share one:

For a long time, my parents bought nothing but VW brands (VA and Audi) due to their reliability. But one of the Audis had an issue right from the start. They took it to the car dealer, which is a (licensed) repaired shop at the same time, without them being able to find any fault. When my parents took the car there *again*, then the repair shop went "full in" and did some kind of x-ray shenanigans. And then they spotted a hairline crack in one of the cylinders. Replaced it and from that on that Audi was an issue free car, just as the previous VWs/Audis were. To cite an old German VW ad claim "Er läuft und läuft und läuft ..." *)

My parents then changed to different car dealers/brands. But not because of quality issues, but because other car dealers, where they never bought a vehicle before, offered better deals than that VW shop at which my father has bought all of his cars before, starting with his very first car. Talk about honoring recurring/loyal customers, who bring business to your shop on a regular basis. But that's another story ...

*) That's the ad:

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What's measured when reliability is compared?
    In Germany, the Schwacke Liste is often used as an indicator. Simply put: that's a list of avg. prices for used cars. A high price, or better put: a less declining price with years of usage compared to the initial price of a new vehicle is mainly due to the fact the a car has few issues during its life time, hence it's reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    When it comes to reliability, Stuttgart is solid. Munich and Wolfsburg, much less so.
    You forgot Ingolstadt.
    No I didn't. The way most of their SUV customers drive completely removes them from consideration.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What's measured when reliability is compared?
    Automobile club rescue statistics normalized against relative number of cars, afaik

Corolla always wins

Derpin from Chinaphone
    Last edited by Stoffl; January 12 2018 at 04:45:25 PM.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    You are of course correct, German cars are amazing and perfect and we should wank over them all the time because everything else is dogshit. I now see the light.

The bitterness of someone who is economically limited to Polski Fiat.
    Indeed. People who complain about German cars are those who can't afford or properly care for them.

All my three Audis were bought new and each went beyond 200,000 miles. All three were sold in perfect running condition.
    my last german car (A5) had a tendancy to shit oil, melt spark plugs and have weekly electrical tantrums

hey anecdotal evidence is the best sort ja?
    Of course! I'll also share one:

For a long time, my parents bought nothing but VW brands (VA and Audi) due to their reliability. But one of the Audis had an issue right from the start. They took it to the car dealer, which is a (licensed) repaired shop at the same time, without them being able to find any fault. When my parents took the car there *again*, then the repair shop went "full in" and did some kind of x-ray shenanigans. And then they spotted a hairline crack in one of the cylinders. Replaced it and from that on that Audi was an issue free car, just as the previous VWs/Audis were. To cite an old German VW ad claim "Er läuft und läuft und läuft ..." *)

My parents then changed to different car dealers/brands. But not because of quality issues, but because other car dealers, where they never bought a vehicle before, offered better deals than that VW shop at which my father has bought all of his cars before, starting with his very first car. Talk about honoring recurring/loyal customers, who bring business to your shop on a regular basis. But that's another story ...

*) That's the ad:
    Newer audi's are really garbage compared to the golden oldies they used to make. They are also shieshters when it comes to handling of warranty work to avoid recalls; currently theyre trying to avoid recalling all the cars made in the last 2-3 years due to an issue with the cooling system literally dissolving itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Newer audi's are really garbage compared to the golden oldies they used to make.
    Perhaps your opinion would carry some weight if you'd learn to write the plural form of Audi properly?

Newer audi's are really garbage compared to the golden oldies they used to make.
    Perhaps your opinion would carry some weight if you'd learn to write the plural form of Audi properly?
    Maybe your opinion would carry weight if..

Wait...

Nvm

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Maybe your opinion would carry weight if..

Wait...

Nvm
    I see you struggle with completing sentences as well.

Are you literally from youtube comments?

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Are you literally from youtube comments?
    No comment.

RS Audis are apparently quite amazing.

Meanwhile the civilian ones are almost worse than the volkswagens on the same platform

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

"Jeremy Clarkson will reluctantly buy his first electrical vehicle in 2024"
    Last edited by helgur; January 13 2018 at 05:59:19 PM.

Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Do these people have a functional hearing or are they just that retarded as to not understand why a V8 sounds better than silence?

Fml.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Do these people have a functional hearing or are they just that retarded as to not understand why a V8 sounds better than silence?
    This generation spent their whole adolescence riding in the back of their mom's SUV with headphones in, looking at Facebook. Now they want to continue to live the same sheltered life, with autonomous cars driving them from yoga lesson to coffee shop, while feeling good about themselves.

Electric cars fulfill that vision perfectly.

Fml.
    If their assumption that in the near future EVs are cheaper, have decent range and maybe more accessible*, then I also think that most people will go for EV instead of a nice sounding car.
    To be honest I'm not quite sure if you are serious.

*For example you don't have to drive or even buy it, it just comes to you with the push of a button.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post

Fml.
    If their assumption that in the near future EVs are cheaper, have decent range and maybe more accessible*, then I also think that most people will go for EV instead of a nice sounding car.

*For example you don't have to drive or even buy it, it just comes to you with the push of a button.
    accessibility are not why v8s are cool

I think some people are just incapable of understanding

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

This generation spent their whole adolescence riding in the back of their mom's SUV with headphones in, looking at Facebook. Now they want to continue to live the same sheltered life, with autonomous cars driving them from yoga lesson to coffee shop, while feeling good about themselves.

Electric cars fulfill that vision perfectly.
    At least it will keep them off your lawn.

Easy transportation and feeling good about yourself; what a bleak picture of the future Don paints.

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post

Fml.

You know what else "comes with a push of a button"? Pizza. Should we rejoice at this marvel of civilization and declare cooking food from scratch outdated?

Youngsters used to tinker with junk cars and race them against each other (be it matchbox, soapbox, or real ones). This was preparing them to be engineers, scientists or at least assembly workers.

Now people dream about "summoning car with a push of a button". where's the satisfaction in that?!? People replace the joy of creation with the joy of consumption. They have no clue how cars work, how batteries work, how autopilot work, and, most importantly, what are the risk and pitfalls of all that technology.

They say they just want to "get from Point A to Point B". Fair enough, but if their only skill being mindless, helpless consumers, the question that needs to be asked: "do we fucking need these people at Point B at all?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Easy transportation and feeling good about yourself; what a bleak picture of the future Don paints.
    My point exactly.