hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 116 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2515

Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Everybody likes looking/driving Alfas but noone wants to actually own one.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    There are lots of other everyday vehicles that had (or still have) quality issues, e.g. Fiat, which in German is nicknamed "Fehler in allen Teilen" (="faults in all parts"), to name just one.
    Mind that car stereotypes like that are bollocks half the time and the other half applies to pretty much every brand. Italian cars being terrible is also mostly down to electrics, as mechanically they mostly used to be fairly sound.

That said, everyone gets shit for it all the time as it is, but sth like FIATs are hardly exclusive premium vehicles that claim to be earth's saviours, so that is where tesla gets especially shat upon.
    I have no idea what modern Fiats are like, but they used to be pretty awful. I had a Fiat 126 in the early 80s. When the alternator wasn't broken, it was leaking oil. Things have probably improved, though.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

The one my mother drove did rust so much that I neede several weldings over time to prevent the driver stepping through the floor and onto the street.
    Yes yes everyone has such a story about brand x or y good job, have a medal.
    Yes, and because of that single incident that happened to us, Germany as a whole quickly adapted that nickname ...

I don't know about their quality these days, but back in the day, Fiats were cheapish shit build only to last in southern regions aka "few rain". Up here, rust was a common problem with them.

Since the days of the original Tesla Roadster and the first-generation Tesla Model S, the electric car maker has managed to reduce its cobalt consumption by an average of 59% per vehicle.
    https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-batt...ning-industry/

Yes, and because of that single incident that happened to us, Germany as a whole quickly adapted that nickname ...
    Every brand has a nickname like that p. much in some country which means all cars are shit, there, concluded. All good in the world.

(those nicknames are fucking retarded and so are people who use them seriously)

Every brand has a nickname like that p. much in some country which means all cars are shit, there, concluded. All good in the world.

(those nicknames are fucking retarded and so are people who use them seriously)
    Well even here people know that Fiats are garbage

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    fiats were garbage, and are now less garbage although there's not much of a reason to buy one over the equivalent ford/skoda

doesn't mean i didn't think fiat coupe turbo was a fucking gorgeous car

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    fiats were garbage, and are now less garbage although there's not much of a reason to buy one over the equivalent ford/skoda

Sure there is a reason. Couple of k € reasons.

Also X1/9
    Woefully underpowered though
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

not really. buying new/lease/part ex fiats are (over here anyway) basically the same price as aforementioned. obviously cheaper 2nd hand, but well that might be for a reason..

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post

Also X1/9
    Woefully underpowered though
    unlike the couple turbo. 200ish bhp turbo in a light car for like 20yrs ago? mad thing could hit 6.5ish to 60

not really. buying new/lease/part ex fiats are (over here anyway) basically the same price as aforementioned. obviously cheaper 2nd hand, but well that might be for a reason..
    Here buying new is at least couple of k difference. Weird tho.

Here buying new is at least couple of k difference. Weird tho.
    Its because our used car market are geared towards big brands. So a used Golf/M3/Volvo etc will drop much less in price on the used market then a Fiat. Thus the lease cost is the same cause the "guaranteed value" after the lease period is so much higher on premium cars then on the cheaper brands.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    You bunch of nerds, whining about Fiat while they're still making one of the most popular small cars: the Fiat 500.

Also stuff like the old 4x4 Panda is still legendary.

smuggo
    The Multipla has excellent resale value as a dogging platforn.

The world is an amazing and diverse place. A thing like that somehow gets approval from a major car company to enter production. On the one hand, it's the ugliest thing I've seen since the scion cube. On the other hand magic is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    The car is so ugly it's fascinating to look at, almost mesmerizing. You got to wonder what went through the mind of the person designing that body shape.

Maybe they purposely designed the car to look as terrible as humanly conceivable to garner PR?

(/s)

Edit:

1.8 MWh battery and two 450 kW electric motor catamaran
    Last edited by helgur; May 9 2018 at 02:10:50 AM.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Worst part about the Multipla is that they actually used Schumacher in the commercials.

And yeah it's the most hideous car ever conceived IMHO. Whenever I encounter one on the road I hold up my hand over it so that I don't have to look at it. Probably not the safest thing to do, but if I get in an accident I hope it takes out the Multipla so that there's one less on the road.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Well it makes sense given that Schumacher do look a bit alien. Clearly the Multipla was designed by an alien, so an alien want another alien to promote it.

i think i've said before, but an ex's parents had a multipla. when they used to go on holiday, fellow multipla drivers used to leave little notes on the windshield like 'hi - we've got one of these cars too! we're in chalet 123, come visit!'

aka swingers buy multiplas

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    The car is so ugly it's fascinating to look at, almost mesmerizing. You got to wonder what went through the mind of the person designing that body shape.

Maybe they purposely designed the car to look as terrible as humanly conceivable to garner PR?

(/s)

Edit:

1.8 MWh battery and two 450 kW electric motor catamaran
    Never mind the electric motor, the design of that thing is really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.