hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 119 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2419

Thread: Electricity is scary! [Transportation Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Oh fun fact, F1 has limits on a shitton of things including fuel used and efficiency.

So... uh?
    This affects variations and strategies how in a race?

F1 has tyre strategy over the weekend. Over the course of a season they have engine part limitations etc.

So tyres are the single strategy in play during a F1 race unless there are mechanical issues (like Red Bull in Monaco)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    .... it's literally the same sort of limitations formula E has.

And again, F1 is not the only motorsport in existence, there a myriad others with variety and good racing.

I like it and don't think that shaky at best defense is what it particularly deserves.
    Last edited by Isyel; June 18 2018 at 11:13:00 AM.

.... it's literally the same sort of limitations formula E has.

And again, F1 is not the only motorsport in existence, there a myriad others with variety and good racing.

I like it and don't think that shaky at best defense is what it particularly deserves.
    You are describing rules that everyone have to abide by.
    There is very little teams can do to affect car performance, all teams have very similar setups.
    It mostly comes down to driver.

This is where the F-E stands out, the driver has a massive influence on car.
    Same as a all other races, except here the the driver needs to think about the battery.
    When to use extra energy, when to conserve and when to build up more.

If you had actually watched this series, you would know it.

Again you're describing pretty much every motorsport.

The reasons the races are good are far from being just "fuel" wankery.

It's also far from the only motorsport with good racing, yet you seem to think only F1 and this exists which is just

There is very little teams can do to affect car performance, all teams have very similar setups.
    The teams get near literal carte blanche on the design of the internals beyond the battery and only the power is properly limited, what are you even talking about.
    Last edited by Isyel; June 18 2018 at 12:26:11 PM.

Aren't there also several variations on power transmission in Formula E as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Aren't there also several variations on power transmission in Formula E as well?
    Yup, as i said, the outside is spec but the drivetrain is extremely free in a desire to develop tech as much as possible

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    When to use extra energy, when to conserve and when to build up more.
    In F1 every car has a lot of different engine programs which the driver has to switch between, with pointers from the rest of the team. Those decide how hard the engine is pushed, which is always on the limit of engine endurance. Engines don't last very long but you only get a few per season, so you have to be careful when to pick which programs.

So engine programs alone is somewhat comparable in the specific examples you mentioned, much more exist in p much any motorsport as others have already pointed out.

I love how FE cars have 1 or 2 gears.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    apparently you literally can't change electric cars off your own grid, according to discord today

really makes me think (I think an electric car killed Zeekar's dog or something, he's still mad about it)

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    apparently you literally can't change electric cars off your own grid, according to discord today

really makes me think (I think an electric car killed Zeekar's dog or something, he's still mad about it)
    Depends on the car, but yes some of them cannot be charged using the plugs you would find in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

Depends on the car, but yes some of them cannot be charged using the plugs you would find in your home.
    Bonus points of course that as you would expect that's not how the conversation actually went.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

Bonus points of course that as you would expect that's not how the conversation actually went.
    how would you know, you have me blocked right?

(I don't think Zeekar knew that most newer electric cars /can/ be charged off ordinary plugs now)

Because I started it and it went on for a while before you appeared to shit it up? :thinking:

Because I started it and it went on for a while before you appeared to shit it up? :thinking:
    oh I didn't read that bit, I just saw the complaining

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    please stop being autists

xeno, i'd be surprised if you even drive

yes electric cars will be the future

no, right now they aren't the silver bullet

yes formula e is quite fun

no it isn't by far the most skillful racing

etc etc

I can drive, I choose not to because lolinsurance on an island where everything is within walking distance

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    I can drive, I choose not to because lolinsurance on an island where everything is within walking distance
    ok so you don't drive

glad we cleared that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    ok so you don't drive

glad we cleared that one up.
    unsure how that's relevant to whether or not electric cars can charge from a home outlet :thinking:

All of them use a 240V charger, which in 'murica means you put them on the same breaker as your washer dryer for about the same cost as installing a washer dryer.

I'm not seeing the problem. Must be a third world issue.
    meh