hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: The Orville [Megathread]

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Latest episode, again its like watching actual star trek with the odd bit of cheese thrown in. Felt like that ENT episisode where Archer wouldn't just give a suffering society warp tech (I'm not bored enough to find it, but it was a good ep)

Also, weirdly. Jon Favreau was a Consultant on this episode
    It's definitely in the running for my favorite episode of the series thus far. The A and B plots worked well together and the humor wasn't awkwardly thrown in. Also, getting back your kidnapped crewmembers from an alien society is about as Trek as it gets.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I rewatched S1 ep1 and 2, apparently favreau was listed there as well, so not a new development
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Latest episode, again its like watching actual star trek with the odd bit of cheese thrown in. Felt like that ENT episisode where Archer wouldn't just give a suffering society warp tech (I'm not bored enough to find it, but it was a good ep)

Also, weirdly. Jon Favreau was a Consultant on this episode
    The backpack Mercer got lumbered with in S02E04 looked surprisingly similar to a MACO backpack from Enterprise Season 3

Latest episode was damn good
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Pretty funny latest episode

I am attracted to Dr Finn... she is...mature hot, and a great character

Surprise cake!

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Holy shit, that was a genuinely funny and fascinating episode.
    The humor was subtle and spontaneous, just some recycled cliche's we would expect from the show.

Mustache part was funny and silly, and the table part had me laughing hard.

The robowifebeater

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Mustache part was funny and silly, and the table part had me laughing hard.
    Same, slightly tired drunk me did full on burst out laughter at the table

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Based

Latest episode was damn good
    Really damn good. Every scene in this episode was a joy. It's perhaps not the most Star Trek the show has ever been, but no other episode has executed so consistently from start to end. This is going to make it into top episodes lists for sure.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous