hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Orville [Megathread]

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post
    Latest episode, again its like watching actual star trek with the odd bit of cheese thrown in. Felt like that ENT episisode where Archer wouldn't just give a suffering society warp tech (I'm not bored enough to find it, but it was a good ep)

Also, weirdly. Jon Favreau was a Consultant on this episode
    It's definitely in the running for my favorite episode of the series thus far. The A and B plots worked well together and the humor wasn't awkwardly thrown in. Also, getting back your kidnapped crewmembers from an alien society is about as Trek as it gets.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

I rewatched S1 ep1 and 2, apparently favreau was listed there as well, so not a new development
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Latest episode, again its like watching actual star trek with the odd bit of cheese thrown in. Felt like that ENT episisode where Archer wouldn't just give a suffering society warp tech (I'm not bored enough to find it, but it was a good ep)

Also, weirdly. Jon Favreau was a Consultant on this episode
    The backpack Mercer got lumbered with in S02E04 looked surprisingly similar to a MACO backpack from Enterprise Season 3

Latest episode was damn good
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Pretty funny latest episode

I am attracted to Dr Finn... she is...mature hot, and a great character

Surprise cake!

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Holy shit, that was a genuinely funny and fascinating episode.
    The humor was subtle and spontaneous, just some recycled cliche's we would expect from the show.

Mustache part was funny and silly, and the table part had me laughing hard.

The robowifebeater

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Mustache part was funny and silly, and the table part had me laughing hard.
    Same, slightly tired drunk me did full on burst out laughter at the table

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Based

Latest episode was damn good
    Really damn good. Every scene in this episode was a joy. It's perhaps not the most Star Trek the show has ever been, but no other episode has executed so consistently from start to end. This is going to make it into top episodes lists for sure.

Enjoying seeing the jokes decline, and the TRek-esque "moral questions" plots continue to rise.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.

Holy shit this latest episode! Not gonna give a wiff of spoilers but dayum, TNG is back (crossed with hints of other great episodes)

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

I'm going to be pissed if it all was some variation of "It was all a simulation to see what happens".
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.

Holy shit this latest episode! Not gonna give a wiff of spoilers but dayum, TNG is back (crossed with hints of other great episodes)
    "Holy shit" was my first thought as well. Two-parters in sci-fi shows are always so much fun, and The Orville is living up to this tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    "Holy shit" was my first thought as well. Two-parters in sci-fi shows are always so much fun, and The Orville is living up to this tradition.
    The Orville is giving me my weekly sci-fi fix, since STD is so fucking dumb atm.

And The Orville sticks the landing on the two parter. That was a damn-good follow up to part 1; I don't know if I could have asked for anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    And The Orville sticks the landing on the two parter. That was a damn-good follow up to part 1; I don't know if I could have asked for anything more.
    Holy crap agreed, what an ending to the 2 parter. This sort of show shouldn't make me laugh, be apprehensive and emotional but it does. Music was on point again as well. As well as the action.

Spoiler:
    Not sure I buy a jefferies tube that only a child can fit in..but perhaps the ships are mostly robot made

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Five hundred cigarettes.