hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Monday] Farming Simulator

[Monday] Farming Simulator

I really hate people twlling me how "depressed" they are because it's raining.
    Frig off I love rain! The air is cooler and everything seems to be happening much much slower. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    I really hate people twlling me how "depressed" they are because it's raining.
    Frig off I love rain! The air is cooler and everything seems to be happening much much slower. Love it!
    It's damn good running weather.

Being being kept cool and getting back home soaked in rain is far nicer then getting back home soaked in sweat.

Rain is great peoples hearing returns to normal and they stop listening to their shitty music so loud

It got worse. Everybody is now complaining about "huge amounts of rain". It has literally been raining for a day

Smuggo
    It got worse. Everybody is now complaining about "huge amounts of rain". It has literally been raining for a day
    u will drown soon

Normal rain or a quarter-of-the-annual-rainfall in 12 hours rain?

The former is dumb and along Germans' favorite complaint of "It's too cold for Summer" and "It's too hot!" all within days uttered by the same person.

The latter isn't much fun tbh.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I don't mind a bit of rain, unless I forgot my raincoat.
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

it rained this morning, it felt good sitting in a comfy little car being smug about the people getting soaked on their bikes, especially after a week of being near death from man-flu.

got a English essay to wrap up for tomorrow and then to bed early i think, man i feel old when a 8 hour day can leave me near-collapse from exhaustion.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

The former is dumb and along Germans' favorite complaint of "It's too cold for Summer" and "It's too hot!" all within days uttered by the same person.

Tapapapatalk
    It's just some casual rain

First day in Prague going well, tons of walking done and plans made for most of the week. Going to go get some food soon, I'm thinking I'll try goulash.

Tapapapatalk
    It's just some casual rain
    Weak.

Liare: what's the essay's topic?

Got home from school.

Going to love my Mondays. Start class at 2;20pm, finish by 3:55pm. I also only have twelve students in the 9th grade media class.

A colleague however correctly pointed out, that all my other days must be shit.

And they are.

Anyway, still spent a few hours extra on administrative stuff like snail-mailing parents and stuff for two disciplinary hearings for two students (cba to find a proper translation for Klassenkonferenz). And figuring out which students are in my courses and not the other English teachers' courses.

Also one of my students is with emergency child protective services. (And it's not one that I expected.)
    That's all we are getting told. Which is nice considering what situations warrant such an intervention. We certainly can properly do our job when we don't know what problems our students may have.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Liare: what's the essay's topic?

Got home from school.

Going to love my Mondays. Start class at 2;20pm, finish by 3:55pm. I also only have twelve students in the 9th grade media class.

A colleague however correctly pointed out, that all my other days must be shit.

And they are.

Anyway, still spent a few hours extra on administrative stuff like snail-mailing parents and stuff for two disciplinary hearings for two students (cba to find a proper translation for Klassenkonferenz). And figuring out which students are in my courses and not the other English teachers' courses.

Also one of my students is with emergency child protective services. (And it's not one that I expected.)
    That's all we are getting told. Which is nice considering what situations warrant such an intervention. We certainly can properly do our job when we don't know what problems our students may have.

Tapapapatalk
    carbon foot-print reduction based on a older guardian article, it's part of last years exam set.

fucking awful to put it politely.

also joe, is that not confidential info between the student and the protection services ? there's a age-cutoff around 12 here where the student has to consent to let say the school know and so forth.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Student data/information is by definition secret. As such they can't share it with us. However we need to know whether the parents are still legal guardians or not or who is legal guardian. If it wasn't second week of school it would have some time, but we have parent-teacher meeting on Wednesday where we discuss all the topics that are important this school year. Also we need to know what's up so we can accommodate the kid at school. The kid is under extreme stress due to this and we do take such things into consideration. Students with genuine issues can get different time tables, reduction in hours, moved to a different class etc etc.
    Oh and we need to know who the legal guardian is anyway so we know who to call when the kid needs to be picked up when they don't feel well/are sick.

The legal guardian question is important, and we need to know the long term solution so we know who we need to discuss things with. Also if the kid goes back to the parents and we have the semestral meeting with the parents and the student, it'd be nice to know which topics we need to deal with a bit more care than usual. The same actually goes for regular classes. Some topics that used to be really harmless to deal with are with these kids pure minefields.*

Anyway, legally they can't, regardless of age.

God that is a shit essay topic, Liare. I must admit, I would have loved to see you deal with a literary topic though.

*Family is a really sensitive topic in English for example, most books present a nuclear family, which hardly any kid in our school has. And more often than not the kids are traumatized by family abuse. The joys of teaching a school with 50%+ of the families on welfare.
    nevar forget

Student data/information is by definition secret. As such they can't share it with us. However we need to know whether the parents are still legal guardians or not or who is legal guardian. If it wasn't second week of school it would have some time, but we have parent-teacher meeting on Wednesday where we discuss all the topics that are important this school year. Also we need to know what's up so we can accommodate the kid at school. The kid is under extreme stress due to this and we do take such things into consideration. Students with genuine issues can get different time tables, reduction in hours, moved to a different class etc etc.
    Oh and we need to know who the legal guardian is anyway so we know who to call when the kid needs to be picked up when they don't feel well/are sick.

The legal guardian question is important, and we need to know the long term solution so we know who we need to discuss things with. Also if the kid goes back to the parents and we have the semestral meeting with the parents and the student, it'd be nice to know which topics we need to deal with a bit more care than usual. The same actually goes for regular classes. Some topics that used to be really harmless to deal with are with these kids pure minefields.*

Anyway, legally they can't, regardless of age.

God that is a shit essay topic, Liare. I must admit, I would have loved to see you deal with a literary topic though.

*Family is a really sensitive topic in English for example, most books present a nuclear family, which hardly any kid in our school has. And more often than not the kids are traumatized by family abuse. The joys of teaching a school with 50%+ of the families on welfare.
    we're doing Machiavelli's the prince later this year, i never got around to looking at it on my own time either, all i know come from summaries of it i am kinda looking forward to that one, as probably the only person in class. (the wailing and gnashing over lord of the flies last semester was, amazing, simply amazing)

and i applaud your willingness to try for those kids joe, everybody deserves at least a shot at life and though can't mend what's broken you can at least help them come to terms with it and move on, i come from a not too dissimilar background so i do know how much of a up-hill struggle it can be.
    Viking, n.:

My school is built around doing that actually. Maybe I'll go into detail at one point.

The Prince is awesome. I did a lot of reading on it and Macchiavelli. Once you get to him, tell me.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by halbarad View Post
    First day in Prague going well, tons of walking done and plans made for most of the week. Going to go get some food soon, I'm thinking I'll try goulash.
    Goulash is pretty much served everywhere in Prague, it will hard not to try it. Goulash + bread dumplings plus some black beer was amazing. Also go visit the Beer Museum, me and my friends spent a whole evening there and it was great. The Strahov Monastery Brewery also serves amazing food and beers and definitely worth the short hike up the hill.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

switzkova (can't fucking spell it, have never been able to) is better, but then it's one of my favourite foods so i'm biased

Lived in Prague for six years, pm me if you want ideas. If you like clubbing cross club used to be a good shout.

Goulash was good. I think we've got most of our remaining time planned but I'm welcome to more ideas. We've got the obvious ones like the zoo and castle planned in.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    switzkova (can't fucking spell it, have never been able to) is better, but then it's one of my favourite foods so i'm biased

Lived in Prague for six years, pm me if you want ideas. If you like clubbing cross club used to be a good shout.
    It's spelled Rindsschnitzel.

@Halbarad
    Blutreiter probably still lives there, maybe hit him in up in discord. Not sure if he's still active on ze forams.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?