hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Legends: Breton or Bust

Elder Scrolls Legends: Breton or Bust

Dunno if there's a thread, here's a new thread anyways.

Enjoying it so far. Add me so we can noob fight over cards - contract16
    Last edited by NoirAvlaa; September 12 2017 at 12:47:54 PM.

Yeah I've been hyping it in the HS thread but its really good, basically a much deeper HS with less RNG etc. Really enjoy the deckbuilding as well. Hit rank 1 last month and going for legend this month so any questions ask away. Add me AvgSizedP_Nis.

MAKE SURE YOU SET UP TWITCH DROPS IMMEDIATELY FOR FREE STUFFS:

Twitch Drops

The very first thing you should do as a new player is linking your Twitch account to your Bethesda account. You can do that on the Bethesda site at this https://account.bethesda.net/en/settings/linked. This enables you to earn Twitch drops while watching TESL-streams. Twitch drops are currently: 50/100/600 gold, 50/100/1500 soul gems or a random legendary card from the core set. These will be expanded upon and continue to change in the future. There is no possibility to influence which drop you get or when it drops – it is entirely random and typing “!drop” in Twitch chat does not help you to get drops faster. You just have to make sure that your accounts are linked and that the streamer itself has his or her accounts linked – which will be the case for almost any TESL streamer, because deactivating drops would prevent them from getting drops themselves.
    Some useful resources:
    Beginners guide: https://betweenthelanes.net/2017/08/...e-post-skyrim/
    Arena tier list: https://betweenthelanes.net/arena-tier-list/
    Netdecking/deckbuilding: https://www.legends-decks.com/
    Leveling rewards: https://www.legends-decks.com/articl...veling-rewards

Also if anyone is checking the game out for the first time, the single player tutorial is terrible/boring and feels like a super dumbed down HS early on, so don't get burned out initially.
    Last edited by DrunkenOne; September 7 2017 at 03:47:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenOne View Post
    Yeah I've been hyping it in the HS thread but its really good, basically a much deeper HS with less RNG etc. Really enjoy the deckbuilding as well. Hit rank 1 last month and going for legend this month so any questions ask away. Add me AvgSizedP_Nis.

Some useful resources:
    Make sure you set up twitch drops ASAP, they are just insane free value:
    Twitch drops are currently: 50/100/600 gold, 50/100/1500 soul gems or a random legendary card from the core set.

Also if anyone is checking the game out for the first time, the single player tutorial is terrible/boring and feels like a super dumbed down HS early on, so don't get burned out initially.
    tbh enjoying the single player, but mainly because rewards at every turn while I learn the mechanics

Hex is better, go play Hex.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

Some useful resources:
    Twitch drops are currently: 50/100/600 gold, 50/100/1500 soul gems or a random legendary card from the core set.

tbh enjoying the single player, but mainly because rewards at every turn while I learn the mechanics
    Glad you are enjoying it, had some friends who play HS try it out and that was the a common complaint. If you run into a wall where you are having trouble, my buddy cleared most of it with a customized red/yellow deck removing a lot of the obviously bad cards that you are given in the pre-made ones.

Also at some point during the SP (not sure when) you get a random free pre-constructed deck, which can be purchased individually for 500 gold. The decks each have 30 Commons, 15 Rares, 4 Epics, and 1 Legendary. They are insane value even if you just dust everything. The Aela and Ancano ones are the most ladder-ready decks with just a few modifications needed (Ancano worth 500+ gold alone), but you should focus on getting all of them ASAP.

Game is super generous in rewards, on top of the 500g pre-constructed decks and ridic twitch drops you also get 15+ gold and a common+ card for 3 wins instead of just 10 in HS. Arena rewards are generous as well, only need to get 7 for max rewards in VS arena and iirc 9 in solo arena (although rewards are worse for solo, its easy early on). You also get additional rewards when you level up in arena, every time you get max wins you are promoted to the next tier. Plus as you noted you get rewards as you level up including some free legendaries and class epics/rares.

Speaking of which, make sure to switch your avatar race based on the rewards you want. You get class epics/rares as you level which don't matter as much but at lvl 24 and lvl 32 you get a legendary based on your race. Breton is considered the best because all 3 of the legendaries they get are very strong, whereas the other races have a few more fringe or unplayable legendaries.

All leveling rewards here:
    https://www.legends-decks.com/articl...veling-rewards
    Last edited by DrunkenOne; September 7 2017 at 02:54:16 PM.

Ah sweet, yeah might switch to breton then, gone for high elf atm because :spells: and I enjoy mage in HS. Got given the Aela deck too :>

Also can't emphasize this enough, literally free stuff for being afk on a stream. Not as juicy as previously since they nerfed the drops (used to be 600 gold/1500 soul gems/legendary every ~24 hours, now its supposedly every ~6-8 hours but less average rewards). After posting this I just checked my history, i've received:

7/8 - 8/2 (pre-nerf):
    22 drops total
    600g x 15 = 9000 gold
    1500 dust x 5 = 7500 dust
    legendary x 2

8/4 - 9/7 (post-nerf):
    33 drops total
    600g x 4 = 2400 gold
    100g x 11 = 1100 gold
    50g x 6 = 300 gold
    1500 dust x 2 = 3000 dust
    100 dust x 6 = 600 dust
    50 dust x 2 = 100 dust
    legendary x 2
    Total: 3800 gold, 3700 dust, 2 legendaries

So a lot juicier pre-nerf, but still insane. Was watching a stream almost daily for the pre-nerf period, missed about 2 weeks post-nerf, so results a little skewed. All together thats 12,800 gold, 11,200 dust, and 4 legendaries, for free.
    Last edited by DrunkenOne; September 7 2017 at 03:53:02 PM.

Also can't emphasize this enough, literally free stuff for being afk on a stream. Not as juicy as previously since they nerfed the drops (used to be 600 gold/1500 soul gems/legendary every ~24 hours, now its supposedly every ~6-8 hours but less average rewards). After posting this I just checked my history, i've received:

7/8 - 8/2 (pre-nerf):
    22 drops total
    600g x 15 = 9000 gold
    1500 dust x 5 = 7500 dust
    legendary x 2

8/4 - 9/7 (post-nerf):
    33 drops total
    600g x 4 = 2400 gold
    100g x 11 = 1100 gold
    50g x 6 = 300 gold
    1500 dust x 2 = 3000 dust
    100 dust x 6 = 600 dust
    50 dust x 2 = 100 dust
    legendary x 2
    Total: 3800 gold, 3700 dust, 2 legendaries

So a lot juicier pre-nerf, but still insane. Was watching a stream almost daily for the pre-nerf period, missed about 2 weeks post-nerf, so results a little skewed. All together thats 12,800 gold, 11,200 dust, and 4 legendaries, for free.
    Any stream? Or is there an official one or something?

Ah sweet, yeah might switch to breton then, gone for high elf atm because :spells: and I enjoy mage in HS. Got given the Aela deck too :>
    Looks like high-elf has Ayrenn which is in the running for best card in the game, but also has mentors ring which afaik isn't played outside of meme decks. Breton has daggerfall mage (arguably best card in game, in ~every blue deck), Supreme atromancer (previously 1 of best cards, just got nerfed from 9 to 10 mana), and high king emeric (in ~every purple/blue deck).

Aela is great, solid legendary although not spectacular, 7 conditional 5/5 + execute. Kinda teaches you to set up a rune break for her turn instead of always hitting face. Also has a bunch of great cards, that beginners guide i posted links to some "upgraded" versions of the deck, and says "Strong cards: Rapid Shot, Afflicted Alit, Circle Initiate, Lurking Crocodile, Orc Clan Captain, Wind Keep Spellsword, Crushing Blow, Morkul Gatekeeper, Aela’s Huntmate, Shadowfen, Priest, Triumphant Jarl, Aela the Huntress."

Its actually the one I got when I started and I played a modified version up to rank 9 or so. Kind of a aggressive combo deck that can get some ridiculous early boards out if you have multiple werewolves and a companion harbinger and pop a rune so everything gets buffed.

Any stream? Or is there an official one or something?
    Any TESL stream, you can literally afk in a channel on the lowest settings, just link your twitch account to your bethesda one: https://account.bethesda.net/en/settings/linked

I'll add that section to my important links in post 2.
    Twitch Drops

The very first thing you should do as a new player is linking your Twitch account to your Bethesda account. You can do that on the Bethesda site at this https://account.bethesda.net/en/settings/linked. This enables you to earn Twitch drops while watching TESL-streams. Twitch drops are currently: 50/100/600 gold, 50/100/1500 soul gems or a random legendary card from the core set. These will be expanded upon and continue to change in the future. There is no possibility to influence which drop you get or when it drops – it is entirely random and typing “!drop” in Twitch chat does not help you to get drops faster. You just have to make sure that your accounts are linked and that the streamer itself has his or her accounts linked – which will be the case for almost any TESL streamer, because deactivating drops would prevent them from getting drops themselves.
    Last edited by DrunkenOne; September 7 2017 at 03:52:36 PM.

Installed after reading this thread - game is pretty fun so far. Feels like Hearthstone 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Hex is better, go play Hex.
    Why would anyone pay money to open packs?

Enjoying so far, the twitch streams aren't as engaging as hearthstone but the game itself seems more complex in a good way

Any particular colors or archetypes you like so far or like from HS/other games? Could suggest some budget decks. I'd also suggest paying $s for the dark brotherhood expansion, its like an extended HS adventure, pretty solid single player content that gives a bunch of solid cards including some awesome legendaries. You can be competitive without it but the cards from it are pretty solid.

*has begun

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    *has begun
    Get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    *has begun
    Get out.

Any particular colors or archetypes you like so far or like from HS/other games? Could suggest some budget decks. I'd also suggest paying $s for the dark brotherhood expansion, its like an extended HS adventure, pretty solid single player content that gives a bunch of solid cards including some awesome legendaries. You can be competitive without it but the cards from it are pretty solid.
    ye I quite liked mage in HS, but I'm enjoying orcs atm in this.

Also did an arena run for a MASSIVE 4 WINS! because I had the 6 cost "turn your deck into dragons and -1 cost" which was fun, so yeh dragons seem p. lol

orcs are great cept you need niche legendaries that don't really work in anything else

gobbos are #1 in my heart

Don't have enough cards yet to get a proper deck tbh, so running arena a bit more than I normally would... Might aim for gobbos then

so wait, is dis better than gwent or smth?