hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 73 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 2528

Thread: God Hates THE WORLD (Natural Disaster Thread)

oh they very much can Razor, they just cant imagine why anybody would not simply put a bullet in their heads and pick somebody competent instead.

it's actually kind of frightening, these people are preparing for the end of the world, and rather than actually thinking and acting on the basis of "how do i/my familiy survive given the means we have now" it's literately "how to i maintain my position of power over my fellow human beings as shit falls apart?"

bunch of fucking dipshits, we stand together or starve alone, human survival is, and always was predicated on collective action.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    oh they very much can Razor, they just cant imagine why anybody would not simply put a bullet in their heads and pick somebody competent instead.
    i meant functional feodal state

you know, with hierarchy, production, military and shit

it's actually kind of frightening, these people are preparing for the end of the world, and rather than actually thinking and acting on the basis of "how do i/my familiy survive given the means we have now" it's literately "how to i maintain my position of power over my fellow human beings as shit falls apart?"

bunch of fucking dipshits, we stand together or starve alone, human survival is, and always was predicated on collective action.
    Yeah, since those individuals have basically infinite resources, I don't see why they can't accrue a skill that is in need in apocalyptic times, select the individuals in their retreat so that they are the sole person with that skill, and by that make themselves irreplaceable and in charge? For example, getting a degree in medicine and specializing in surgery would probably do them well. But I suppose they just want the power and no responsibility, just like in modern times.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

Russia?

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    >build house kilometers away from beach
    >get sea delivered to you

dutch should invent a floating home on columns or something
    Like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    >build house kilometers away from beach
    >get sea delivered to you

dutch should invent a floating home on columns or something
    Like this?

lol yeh wtf razor. We are the Dutch, we have entire neighbourhoods that float.

One day the dutch will be the last people standing floating.
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; April 1 2019 at 04:51:43 PM.

that works on actual beachfront with wavebreakers in front from what i understand but i was thinking more full on waterworld houses

that works on actual beachfront with wavebreakers in front from what i understand but i was thinking more full on waterworld houses
    m8. The dutch.

Floating wavebreakers are already invented.

Once germany and belgium are flooded we can construct them all around the country, pop the dykes and rule the world.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    m8. The dutch.

Floating wavebreakers are already invented.

Once germany and belgium are flooded we can construct them all around the country, pop the dykes and rule the world.

I, for one, welcome our Dutch overlords.

BTW, we've invited a bunch of you to settle here and dry wetlands and swamps. You built canals, dykes and planted pollarded willows everywhere.

I fucking love those trees, they're the symbol of my home region to me. For that, you have my eternal love you beautiful Dutch people.
    Last edited by Venec; April 1 2019 at 06:30:17 PM.

that requires sharing power, these fuckers want it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post

Yeah, since those individuals have basically infinite resources, I don't see why they can't accrue a skill that is in need in apocalyptic times, select the individuals in their retreat so that they are the sole person with that skill, and by that make themselves irreplaceable and in charge? For example, getting a degree in medicine and specializing in surgery would probably do them well. But I suppose they just want the power and no responsibility, just like in modern times.
    wealth and power at the level these people hold is a disease, they literately want to bring the shit that is enthusiastically pushing mankind as a whole over the brink of a bottomless abyss into what future that process is going to leave behind.

i am not usually the sort of "Gulag for all the people i dont like" far-leftie that is parodied, but a bullet to the brain is a far too merciful ending for people like that.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

p. good video, aside from the "consumer activism" bit at the end.
    Viking, n.:

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    One solution to combat climate change: change your cereal.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...ave-the-planet
    https://www.generalmills.com/en/News...rch/kernza-3-7

tl;dr: Plant perennial grains instead of annuals.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

that's some mighty fine microphone holding NPR is engaging in there, why i think they forgot a couple of trademark stamps in that piece of advertisement.

soil erosion, ironically is one of the comparatively minor problems we're going to get, it's getting enough yields when rainfall gets unpredictable and droughts become commonplace that is the biggest problem, perennial plants do have a greater degree of resistance, but nothing i have seen so far convinces me the practical difference amounts to more than the proverbial pissing in the wind, they're also decades off having it competitive with corn in terms of yield.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post

Russia?
    idk how i missed this but yeah russia would probably not lose a beat over getting half it's cities nuked, let alone some bad weather

just another day in post-soviet wasteland

Viking, n.:

We had some fires lately too. April and it's drought already.

Plus crops are dying because drought combines with ground frost.

scandanavia needs to sort it's shit out. Britain dealt with it's forest fire issues in the bronze age, cut all your shit down already.

Need more rakes.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..