hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 150 of 152 FirstFirst ... 50100140147148149150151152 LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 3033

Thread: God Hates THE WORLD (Natural Disaster Thread)

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

It's not capitalism's role to regulate itself, that's the job of government. You can't honestly think selfish people who want to game the system for their benefit wont exist in literally whatever system there is?
    Some systems have built in mechanisms to limit the damage that can be done by a single psychopath. Some would call this democratic oversight, which capitalism abhors and corrupts at every opportunity.
    Name one such system please. Any system of governance is subject to bad actors who can subvert safeguards in practice. Some capitalist democracies have better safeguards than others. There's no reason to think a non-capitalist system would be any different.

Democracy.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

In theory, yes.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    [YouTube]https://youtu.be/lxdFh8nYMgM[/YouTube]
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    [YouTube]https://youtu.be/lxdFh8nYMgM[/YouTube]

Seen it a few days ago, dope
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Not snow, "only" hail, but still ... WTF?!?

Politicians are still dawdling on reducing carbon emissions. Every year we get new promises and every year we reach record high emissions
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Yeah ... and all of a sudden Mad Max became a documentary rather than a fictional dystopian movie.

Politicians are still dawdling on reducing carbon emissions. Every year we get new promises and every year we reach record high emissions
    pffft Earth wil be fine, we can go -6 billion
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Yeah ... and all of a sudden Mad Max became a documentary rather than a fictional dystopian movie.

Imagine Mad Max, but everyone is driving Teslas, since they stopped making gas cars. Steve Jackson's Car Wars game was electric engines.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Over here in NL our government lost a couple of high-profile lawsuits about emission targets for both Co2 and nitrogen, which results in them being forced to reduce emissions ASAP. For the past few years we've been in a state where permits to build new buildings are barely honoured because there is no room in the nitrogen budget for the extra emissions caused by building those buildings. And since we're one of the most densely populated countries on the planet you can imagine this is causing some issues.

So that's one way to get your politicians of their collective asses, assuming you don't live in a country where they'll just shove the judiciary powers aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Over here in NL our government lost a couple of high-profile lawsuits about emission targets for both Co2 and nitrogen, which results in them being forced to reduce emissions ASAP. For the past few years we've been in a state where permits to build new buildings are barely honoured because there is no room in the nitrogen budget for the extra emissions caused by building those buildings. And since we're one of the most densely populated countries on the planet you can imagine this is causing some issues.

So that's one way to get your politicians of their collective asses, assuming you don't live in a country where they'll just shove the judiciary powers aside.
    Nitrogen budget... Never heard that term used outside agriculture discussions. Are we talking excrements here in regards to buildings?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

Nitrogen budget... Never heard that term used outside agriculture discussions. Are we talking excrements here in regards to buildings?
    It is a largely made up problem. Nitrogen is being produced by agri, industry, plane/car traffic etc. EU is putting limits on the output. For some reason NL decided to put the nitrogen output allowed on a much lower treshold than the EU.

This has let to a gridlock in building roads and houses, growth of the airports and a demand for less agri (of course mostly meat production). Agri in NL is very very efficient and the nitrogen output has declined by 70% already. We are now looking at vast forced buy outs. The end resut will just be that e.g. Ukr will take over that pork/cow breeding at less efficiency and so more nitrogen per animal.

Germany and Belgium, our direct borders, have 0 issues with the nitrogen standards so hence i am saying its a made up problem.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Politicians have been relegated to a position where they can't solve climate change. It's an issue that can only be addressed by the good will of global capital. Such is the nature of economic hegemony.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Germany and Belgium, our direct borders, have 0 issues with the nitrogen standards so hence i am saying its a made up problem.
    AFAIK this isn't true. Belgium is also struggling with nitrogen emissions and levels in Germany are about 5 times lower than in NL last time I checked so no wonder they don't have the problems we do. Therefore I severely disagree that this is a made up issue, the biodiversity degradation in NL in this century has been unreal and nitrogen emissions are a big part of that.

It is truely amazing just how Darwinian things get the moment the status quo is upset.

Like everywhere else atm we are having inflation. Food prices are really rocketing due to a combination of natural disasters and imput inflation. So currently ten iceberg lectuces cost more than a ton of coal.

We are also having a colder than normal winter. While there have been a few days over the past two years where the mercury went below zero where I live this year has been roughly four degrees colder on average. This triggered an energy crisis. Thanks to demand picking up post COVID restrictions globally and the war in Ukraine the prices for oil, coal and natural gas have gone through the roof. Now couple this with 15 years of political inaction here on dealing with the transition from mostly coalfired electricity generation to renewables with flooded coalmines and aging coal powerplants breaking down and suddenly we were facing "load shedding" i.e. blackouts to protect the grid. The energy regulator stepped in to cap wholesale electricity prices which made generators remove capacity as buying coal and gas at spot prices meant generating power at a loss. So the regulator stepped in again to force generators to keep generating.

All this from a nation that is the third biggest energy producer I think.

Where I live this means people are running their wood burners. Normally there are firewood sellers who supply the local market but timber ran out. So people started gleaning the roadsides and then started jumping fences. There has also been illegal felling of dead trees on both private and public land.

I cut down a bunch of pines trees a few months ago and had stacked the timber up to dry in the fields. It started to disappear - probably two trees worth has gone. I even caught a couple loading up their car. They claimed they thought it was trash wood. I explained that (a) it was private land, (b) that the timber was clearly stacked to dry, and (c) if the bull was in that field he would have ruined their day. No point calling the cops over a bit of wood, but I have spent the weekend moving timber to the shed because otherwise it will be nicked.

This is when we have 3.9% unemployment and economic growth. God help us if we get a stagflation recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    AFAIK this isn't true. Belgium is also struggling with nitrogen emissions and levels in Germany are about 5 times lower than in NL last time I checked so no wonder they don't have the problems we do. Therefore I severely disagree that this is a made up issue, the biodiversity degradation in NL in this century has been unreal and nitrogen emissions are a big part of that.
    https://edepot.wur.nl/45419
    Page 27 and onwards. Look at what we consider critical values and to the right the international empirical critical values. You might also note much data is based on studies from 1988, 2003 and 1999.

In any case i am not here to defend the farmers nor am i against the EU laws stating nitrogen (NO2, NH3, NOx) emissions should be capped or lowered. I am however against the clear political clusterfuck that is going on with bad research models and a clear agenda being anti- livestock. Meat consumption has been on the decline, farmer emissions (especially ammonia) have dropped by 70% since 1990 and the end result of this will be importing meat with a higher nitrogen emission and also curtailing 'green' meat farms as they produce more nitrogen.

In regards to bio-diversity that is indeed a big issue in which i am sure nitrogen plays its part i however disagree its a big part. From the documentaries i see its more about the mono-culture landscape and bad management of breeding grounds. Holland is one big park, we dont have any ancient forests (the last one was cut down in the late 18th century) and most of our national parks were created after the second world war. I think we are doing pretty well in trying to get diversity back.
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Holland
    Biodiversity

Choose one

Clearly the answer is reintroducing more apex predators to dutch parks

Clearly the answer is reintroducing more apex predators to dutch parks
    Bruv...u jokin?

We re-introduced the wolf in NL (came from Poland via Germany as intended). Its amazaballs how its failing. The fuckers are ment to be puppies but low and behold they predate on sheep. So much that they are just rando killing sheep and not eating them. Our answer? Wolf fences. Wolf says fuck that and has no issues going 20 miles to get around that fence.

New shock.... in areas with high sheep kills a wolf has been found shot to death and another few were killed by cars. Fuckers are seen in villages now scaring the shit out of people, give it time for them to attack some chiuauas.
    NL is one big park and we should accept it. Why the fuck get a apex predator back after 200 years extinction in the most densly populated country of EU?
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.