hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 185865666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1426

Thread: God Hates THE WORLD (Natural Disaster Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Imagine being smart enough to be able to join mensa, but dumb enough to be so vacuous that you do

~Who here is a mensa member, anyone care to admit?
    i am

a mate was really into the whole IQ thingy, he and his gf went and applied me as well for shitz and giggles

went to the test on a saturday morning after a night of partying hard, sleeping at a mate's place on the floor for 2 hours, almost threw up during the test (i was just entering hangover phase awake), iirc i got 137 or something like that and then never followed up by actually going to any mensa meets or anything useful

let the hate flow through you
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Imagine being smart enough to be able to join mensa, but dumb enough to be so vacuous that you do

i am

a mate was really into the whole IQ thingy, he and his gf went and applied me as well for shitz and giggles

went to the test on a saturday morning after a night of partying hard, sleeping at a mate's place on the floor for 2 hours, almost threw up during the test (i was just entering hangover phase awake), iirc i got 137 or something like that and then never followed up by actually going to any mensa meets or anything useful

Your number doesnt matter, its about percentile.

Guess you failed the test.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Sidequestion: I'm among those people who actually think the earth in 50 years time will be quite a hellhole and therefore I won't have kids. Idiotic way of thinking, maybe quite unreasonable and definitely going against my own genes and natural instincts, but I was always a terrible pessimist. Hopefully things will change, but for now i'm in the "we're all megafucked" camp.

How many of y'all follow that line of logic re: future generations and having kids?
    it's a toss up to be honest.

on one hand, i find the concept of bringing children into a world as fucked as this, and that's destined to become more fucked as the timeline advances reprehensible, on the other hand i can and do see the "magic" and the biological imperative involved in the whole thing. plus we're endlessly adaptable as a species, why should the end of civilization as we know it be a hindrance in the first place ?

i don't know, if i meet the right woman and she wants to go that route i would do so, but i don't go chasing for a partner to reproduce or anything this point.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Wow.......

Just....

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

I got confused there, because "Mensa" in German is the name of the students' canteen at an university. Wasn't aware that there's an "IQ club" of the same name.
    sorry mate.

M.E.N.S.A
    No need to be sorry, as I learned something new today. That's never a reason to be sorry.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What's the point in measuring intelligence? The only people who seem to give a shit about it tend to be complete idiots.
    People allways forget IQ is fluid. In my first uni year i might have scored 130 but if i would do the same test now i might score 110 simply because i just about lost all my math skills due to the fact i haven't used them since then combined with use of electronic calculators.

Cognitive and ability testing can be very useful tho e.g. testing if you are on the spectrum or other health and insurance related subjects.
    I had to sit through about 8 hours of cognitive tests for the sperge.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Sidequestion: I'm among those people who actually think the earth in 50 years time will be quite a hellhole and therefore I won't have kids. Idiotic way of thinking, maybe quite unreasonable and definitely going against my own genes and natural instincts, but I was always a terrible pessimist. Hopefully things will change, but for now i'm in the "we're all megafucked" camp.

How many of y'all follow that line of logic re: future generations and having kids?
    it's a toss up to be honest.

on one hand, i find the concept of bringing children into a world as fucked as this, and that's destined to become more fucked as the timeline advances reprehensible, on the other hand i can and do see the "magic" and the biological imperative involved in the whole thing. plus we're endlessly adaptable as a species, why should the end of civilization as we know it be a hindrance in the first place ?

i don't know, if i meet the right woman and she wants to go that route i would do so, but i don't go chasing for a partner to reproduce or anything this point.
    pretty reasonable logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    What's the point in measuring intelligence? The only people who seem to give a shit about it tend to be complete idiots.
    People allways forget IQ is fluid. In my first uni year i might have scored 130 but if i would do the same test now i might score 110 simply because i just about lost all my math skills due to the fact i haven't used them since then combined with use of electronic calculators.

Cognitive and ability testing can be very useful tho e.g. testing if you are on the spectrum or other health and insurance related subjects.
    They could have just read your posting history.

:P

jokes on them they neger tested me for anythign

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Edit= beaten to it

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

I had to do an IQ test at a certified expert at the end of my primary schooling, when I got applied and awarded a national stipend for talented kids (Zois stipend), scored 148, which is top 0.2% iirc. I still managed that score on my 3rd try on an online timed test (fairly similar to the 1st one) when I was 27, but I've since dropped to around 135. I do the online test for fun every couple of years, or so, but getting older and smoking weed for the past 20 years have done their thing, thought I do have a fairly intellectually challenging job, and I consider myself a rather highly functioning pothead.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

i am

Your number doesnt matter, its about percentile.

Guess you failed the test.
    i got the member card in the mail have no idea where i lost it since, so i guess that says a lot about IQ test results
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    i don't think fhc posters creating many babies is something we need to worry about

I've got a big dick

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    i don't think fhc posters creating many babies is something we need to worry about
    Girls are gross!

Girls are gross!
    Everyone is gross!

ewwwww

ayyooo

Speak for youself...