hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 60 of 60 FirstFirst ... 105057585960
Results 1,181 to 1,188 of 1188

Thread: God Hates THE WORLD (Natural Disaster Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

The alternative to higher fuel taxes is EV, and phasing out the ICE car over time for something cleaner. I'm not sure how you expect to get there without higher taxes. Like, how do you force peopel to quit smoking, becasue they are too stupid to realize they are literally paying to kill themselves? This change over time will force the change in behavior. We've decentralized our transport in the US, for better, or for worse, and there are actually efficiency arguments to be made both ways, in terms of centralized or decentralized transport assuming you have the graph processing capability, which we now do. We still have to pay for it's maintenance, so fuel tax it is. Tax should pay for infrastructure, and most of the stuff in the US moves by road network.
    The tax should be levied on the corporations that extract the fossil fuels from the earth and refine it. Give them tax credits (even more than they get now) for transitioning away from petroleum infrastructure to electric/zero emissions infrastructure. Encouraging the entities that actually control this infrastructure to change instead of raising the prices for someone who already can barely afford to pay for gas is going to do a lot more to speed the transition to a zero-emissions economy.
    Yes, we get it, poor people can't have any responsibility for anything because they have absolutely no way to adjust their behavior because their lives have absolutely no agency.

I'm Ok with broad based taxation to change public behavior. I think our toilets should be metered and household should be taxed on the amount they poop, but that's just me. Tax both the people and the companies if you actually want change.
    Ummmmm sewage tax is definitely a thing, just saying
    I mean, we get something taken out of our property taxes, but I'm talking a full on "You have pooped 538.4 lbs this month" smartmeter with an app and per oz fees.
    I donno how its done in Cali, but here it is based upon your water usage, its assumed that all the water you use is going come back down the drain with some added mass.

The alternative to higher fuel taxes is EV, and phasing out the ICE car over time for something cleaner. I'm not sure how you expect to get there without higher taxes. Like, how do you force peopel to quit smoking, becasue they are too stupid to realize they are literally paying to kill themselves? This change over time will force the change in behavior. We've decentralized our transport in the US, for better, or for worse, and there are actually efficiency arguments to be made both ways, in terms of centralized or decentralized transport assuming you have the graph processing capability, which we now do. We still have to pay for it's maintenance, so fuel tax it is. Tax should pay for infrastructure, and most of the stuff in the US moves by road network.
    The tax should be levied on the corporations that extract the fossil fuels from the earth and refine it. Give them tax credits (even more than they get now) for transitioning away from petroleum infrastructure to electric/zero emissions infrastructure. Encouraging the entities that actually control this infrastructure to change instead of raising the prices for someone who already can barely afford to pay for gas is going to do a lot more to speed the transition to a zero-emissions economy.
    Yes, we get it, poor people can't have any responsibility for anything because they have absolutely no way to adjust their behavior because their lives have absolutely no agency.

I'm Ok with broad based taxation to change public behavior. I think our toilets should be metered and household should be taxed on the amount they poop, but that's just me. Tax both the people and the companies if you actually want change.
    I mean, we get something taken out of our property taxes, but I'm talking a full on "You have pooped 538.4 lbs this month" smartmeter with an app and per oz fees.
    I donno how its done in Cali, but here it is based upon your water usage, its assumed that all the water you use is going come back down the drain with some added mass.
    Just a flat lot rate for sewer hookup. I pay a separate yearly bill for water treatment. One is city, the other is county.
    meh

Do you want more people shitting on the streets? Because this is how you get more people shitting in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

Do you want more people shitting on the streets? Because this is how you get more people shitting in the streets.
    Their fault for being poor, sewerage isn't free you know.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

Well, I mean, we have to pay the maintenance of those pipes, we should look at a use fee. It’s only fair those who put more load in the system pay a bit more. It also lets us track down the restaurants responsible for “fatbergs” so they can contribute to cleanup costs. We can use a blockchain to track flushes, and the amount of waste entering the system.

It’s not like poor people would be the biggest producers of waste, anyway. Those should be shopping malls and ballparks, stuff like that, especially large corporates with all the pooing at work that goes on.
    meh

We can use a blockchain to track flushes

Fine those to death: stops shitting on streezs, doubles the community's income.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

Well, I mean, we have to pay the maintenance of those pipes, we should look at a use fee. It’s only fair those who put more load in the system pay a bit more. It also lets us track down the restaurants responsible for “fatbergs” so they can contribute to cleanup costs. We can use a blockchain to track flushes, and the amount of waste entering the system.

It’s not like poor people would be the biggest producers of waste, anyway. Those should be shopping malls and ballparks, stuff like that, especially large corporates with all the pooing at work that goes on.
    NEW COMPANY POLICY: DEFECATIONS MADE WHILE WORKING WILL BE DEDUCTED FROM YOUR PAYCHECK