hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: God Hates America (Natural Disaster Thread)

Raining ash in Seattle, and there's enough smoke that I can look directly at the sun and see sunspots with the naked eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    so, any bets on what the follow-up to Irma's gonna be ? i mean it's a given that parts of Florida is about to drown, Houston style but what's next ?

another couple of hurricanes perhaps ? or a bitchin' winter of the sort where grandpa's stories aren't really all that unrealistic ?
    Maybe after Florida we'll get a good northeastern Hurricane, and D.C. And NY will take a good hit.

Next?

Yellowstone will erupt.

Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    We can smell the smoke from the PNW fires here in Ohio, 2.5k miles away.
    The moon has been orange here in NY even when high in the sky at night.

so, any bets on what the follow-up to Irma's gonna be ? i mean it's a given that parts of Florida is about to drown, Houston style but what's next ?

another couple of hurricanes perhaps ? or a bitchin' winter of the sort where grandpa's stories aren't really all that unrealistic ?
    Earthquake.

We've already got water, wind and fire. Gotta get the 4th element in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

Earthquake.

have it wreck most of California and, as Lachesis points out, follow up with a north eastern hurricane then punctuate the whole thing with a killer winter.

maybe mother nature will get her point across that way ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Earthquake.

have it wreck most of California and, as Lachesis points out, follow up with a north eastern hurricane then punctuate the whole thing with a killer winter.

Maybe North Korea could gently encourage an earthquake

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Earthquake.

Just for reference, the one that really worries the geologist community is the southern end of the San Andreas, under L.A. It hasn't really moved much since Northridge and I read somewhere that its adding the equivalent of a kiloton of energy like every day or something it doesn't move.
    meh

A Mid-Atlantic-landfall storm of serious size that goes up the Chesapeake Bay......fuck, that would crush us.

Something like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Isabel

North of the Outer Banks, we're a bit weak and unprepared for serious Hurricanes.
    Last edited by Alistair; September 6 2017 at 04:39:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

A Mid-Atlantic-landfall storm of serious size that goes up the Chesapeake Bay......fuck, that would crush us.
    I'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Earthquake.

Just for reference, the one that really worries the geologist community is the southern end of the San Andreas, under L.A. It hasn't really moved much since Northridge and I read somewhere that its adding the equivalent of a kiloton of energy like every day or something it doesn't move.
    There's also the Hayward fault near Sanfran https://weather.com/news/news/califo...eek-earthquake This will be a fucking massive whammy when it pops

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Irma's brother Jose, is already spinning up in her wake.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Earthquake.

There's also the Hayward fault near Sanfran https://weather.com/news/news/califo...eek-earthquake This will be a fucking massive whammy when it pops
    Yeah, but a lot of what exists there is at least built to modern code. Older parts of Oakland and Berkeley are all "unreinforced masonry" so it will be bad there. but the burbs are mostly going to be OK. Most of central L.A. (like the bit that stretches from the City to Santa Monica) is mostly older brick apartment buildings as well, and those are the ones that will kill everybody in a big shaker.
    meh

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    The moon has been orange here in NY even when high in the sky at night.
    Oh yeah we get orange moon here in europe aswell. I'm sure it has everything to do with wildfires

Spoiler:

Don't be dumb. I know it is hard.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ

By the way, Tropical Storm Jose is lined up right behind Irma, and will likely be upgraded to a Cat. 1 Hurricane today.

Blaaaaze it

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Oh yeah we get orange moon here in europe aswell. I'm sure it has everything to do with wildfires

Spoiler:
    Yeah, I get that the moon gets orange near the horizon, particularly in late summer. But I couldn't recall it ever looking that way when you need to practically look straight up to see it, and even did some quick google searches before posting just to rule out anything besides particulates but I didn't find anything.

But sure, be a dick about it.