hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2633343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: God Hates America (Natural Disaster Thread)

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Fake news, climate change is a Chinese hoax.
    It's such a hoax that they acknowledged the reality of it and now lead the world in renewable energy production.

I know you're being silly, but I had to throw that out there.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Fake news, climate change is a Chinese hoax.
    +1 Climate is fabulous tbh.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    If Michael moves from 155 mph to 157 mph, it will be considered a category 5.
    This is actually pretty fucking astonishing that a hurricane of this intensity formed in the Gulf of Mexico and not off the coast of Africa. Storms like this are going to be the norm in the future.
    It probably has more to do with Hurricane Leslie drunk driving around the Atlantic and Sergio in the Pacific. But sure let's go with that.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    This is actually pretty fucking astonishing that a hurricane of this intensity formed in the Gulf of Mexico and not off the coast of Africa. Storms like this are going to be the norm in the future.
    It probably has more to do with Hurricane Leslie drunk driving around the Atlantic and Sergio in the Pacific. But sure let's go with that.

tellenta in retard conservative scenes

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Go suck your thumb elsewhere you fucking shut in weeb.

https://coast.noaa.gov/hurricanes/

Plop the location marker between the Yucatan peninsula and Cuba and watch how your stupidity has blinded you from facts.

Edit: Also if you want to see something ridiculous move over to the philippines and click the hurricanes tab in the upper right. Wait for spaghetti to get thrown on your screen.

Climate change is real, the earth is warming, weather will get worse, sea levels will rise. That doesn't create magic, tropical storms form in the caribbean often enough to not be shocking. this one turned in to a hurricane they have in the past they will in the future.
    Last edited by Tellenta; October 10 2018 at 10:36:14 PM.

Plop the location marker between the Yucatan peninsula and Cuba and watch how your stupidity has blinded you from facts.

Climate change is real, the earth is warming, weather will get worse, sea levels will rise. That doesn't create magic, tropical storms form in the caribbean often enough to not be shocking. this one turned in to a hurricane they have in the past they will in the future.
    I grew up and lived in Florida for many years and while I know storms can form in the Caribbean/Gulf, I can't ever remember the last time a storm this strong spawned in the Gulf. Maybe my memory is spotty.

Also I can't figure out how to use that map so that it only shows the origin point of each storm, sorry. It just shows the entire track.

Donor

I grew up and lived in Florida for many years and while I know storms can form in the Caribbean/Gulf, I can't ever remember the last time a storm this strong spawned in the Gulf. Maybe my memory is spotty.

Also I can't figure out how to use that map so that it only shows the origin point of each storm, sorry. It just shows the entire track.
    You have to select each storm individually. It's a pain in the ass. I had the best success just scrolling out and selecting the storms from the list on the left.

Example to come will probably be forum breaking in size

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

Edit: Also if you want to see something ridiculous move over to the philippines and click the hurricanes tab in the upper right. Wait for spaghetti to get thrown on your screen.

When was the last time such a storm formed in the Caribbean evolved to such ferocity?

Donor

Donor

When was the last time such a storm formed in the Caribbean evolved to such ferocity?
    I'm not going to be your brain for you when I just posted a resource for you to learn and educate yourself. That's how people start assuming suspect statements are factual because their critical thinking skills have atrophied. You end up with people like Xeno that judge facts received by what political party he presumes they favor.

However, in 2005 Hurricane Wilma formed a tropical depression west of Jamaica elevated straight to category 5 hit Mexico as a category 4 then went for Florida as a category 3. Could be others closer to today but you'll have to find them.
    2005, formed west of Jamaca

While you continue to argue here (throwing shit at each other more like), have this read as a food for thought:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...than-that.html

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Camille in 1969 comes to mind. But I'm probably wrong.

edit: Michael weakened to a category 3 several hours ago, and is now a 1. Records are being updated to say this was the 3rd most powerful landfall hurricane in the US. More powerful than Katrina when it landed...
    Last edited by Nordstern; October 11 2018 at 01:13:41 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Maybe the best thing to do would be to fight a war that kills off a few hundred million people ?

On a serious note, I wonder if all of these long-term projections actually include the whole genocide bit. Wouldn't hundreds of millions of people dying cut a lot of carbon emissions? Maybe enough to stop warming at a certain point?

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Maybe the best thing to do would be to fight a war that kills off a few hundred million people ?

On a serious note, I wonder if all of these long-term projections actually include the whole genocide bit. Wouldn't hundreds of millions of people dying cut a lot of carbon emissions? Maybe enough to stop warming at a certain point?
    Only if the right people get killed. The people responsible for creating the largest carbon emissions are unlikely to get drafted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Only if the right people get killed. The people responsible for creating the largest carbon emissions are unlikely to get drafted.
    If you live near the equator, shits going to get nasty due to environmental conditions.

If you live away from the equator, shits going to get nasty as your society adapts to either absorb or reject refugees from Earths newly uninhabitable waistline. Either choice is likely to see a swing towards authoritarianism, either to enforce acceptance of the new arrivals or enact the type of hard-line policies necessary to keep them away.

In both locations, the people that suffer and die will tend to be the ones with the smallest carbon footprints.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

If you live near the equator, shits going to get nasty due to environmental conditions.

If you live away from the equator, shits going to get nasty as your society adapts to either absorb or reject refugees from Earths newly uninhabitable waistline. Either choice is likely to see a swing towards authoritarianism, either to enforce acceptance of the new arrivals or enact the type of hard-line policies necessary to keep them away.

In both locations, the people that suffer and die will tend to be the ones with the smallest carbon footprints.
    The world will soon belong to the Australian.. We are already used to everything trying to kill us and the environment trying to burn us. We have literally been training for this for the last 100 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Wasnt there loads of whining when three different hurricanes were about to hit US and A at the same time?

Same thing this year...

Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Wasnt there loads of whining when three different hurricanes were about to hit US and A at the same time?

Same thing this year...
    You really got it figured out don't you.

The only way to fight climate change is with nuclear winter.

The knowledgable Eric Berger courtesy of Ars Technica to the rescue:
    Michael will likely be one of the strongest hurricanes to hit the Florida Panhandle on record. Since 1851, according to Colorado State University hurricane scientist Phil Klotzbach, nine major hurricanes have struck the Panhandle since semi-accurate record-keeping began in 1851.
    Further Reading
    Harvey: This is probably the worst US flood storm ever; Iíll never be the same

If the National Hurricane Center wind forecast for Michael verifies, landfalling winds of 125mph would tie the hurricane with 1975's Eloise and an 1882 Pensacola hurricane for the most intense storms to strike the Panhandle on record. Anything stronger, and Michael will set the record for the Panhandle's strongest storm.
    Source: https://arstechnica.com/science/2018...-bit-stronger/