hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: God Hates America (Natural Disaster Thread)

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    So is florida fucked or what?
    So what is the current state of the goonion bullshit was funny as fuck.

Remember, climate change is a hoax.
    Last edited by rufuske; September 10 2017 at 07:30:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    [H5loop]http://gfycat.com/watch?v=ipkp3yjlclw[/video] transmission from the 4th dimension.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Gulags or submarines?
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Gulags or submarines?
    Why can't we have both?

Spoiler:

Meanwhile in China, permafrost is melting:

Fun things permafrost contains:

1) diseases that can cause global pandemics
    2) methane

Consume away guys, nothing to worry about. Free market will fix this.
    Last edited by Venec; September 10 2017 at 09:46:31 AM.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post

2) methane

Free market capitalism with some governmental subsidies.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    First thing I would think of when seeing no seawater on the ocean coast is to go walk on the seabed. What's wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post

2) methane

China basically deserves it. Sorry not sorry but their growth and awfull enviromental politics ruined this planet (even though I'll get some of them dieseases at home aswell, maybe). Second ones to blame for this are also these massive corporations and well literally capitalism. Why were we able to fix pretty much everything in the past and now when something stops working you simply throw it away and buy a new thing? WHY?

Also if Americans are super worried about losing power why dont they buy power generators? They're cheap and you literally plug them in to your house and have power

When it comes to climate changes, which countries deserve it, and which don't, becomes a moot point when everyone is affected.

also, don't take Britain's most significant achievement away from us. WE ruined the planet, don't you dare say otherwise.

Usually when the sea retracts like that it's as a result of an undersea earthquake and when it finally comes back it's a tsunami - check out some of videos of the 2004 tsunami in Thailand. Even without the earthquake I would stay the fuck away from the beaches as you don't know how it's going to be when the sea returns.

[edit] first reply on that twatter video says the same

But but what if climate change isn't true and we are just reducing pollution and making the world generally better place for nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    also, don't take Britain's most significant achievement away from us. WE ruined the planet, don't you dare say otherwise.
    Only geographically.

It's always nice being able to point fingers and blame others for all the problems in the world. To indulge in deep thinking sessions, letting the imagination run wild about how so much netter things would be if only Stupid People (TM) would just do what I think is best, can be quite ego boosting.

But alas, somebody is buying shit at Walmart made by those capicommie chinks (well, they are not TRUE communists), burning oil from camel fuckers wife beaters, eating roundup fortified foods, drinking plastic bottled water, living in cold climates while keeping their houses warmed by coal fired power plants, etc. It's always some stupid fucks action's that are to blame.

Yet, the world is just like our own personal lives. Blaming everyone else for our mistakes can feel good if you are that kind of person, but it is always better to assume responsibility for our own actions and decisions, reflect upon them, and improve.

Regardless, it is important to recognize that the majority of people would never get the chance to make meaningful choices (through personal sacrifice) that would improve things - not to speak of actually thinking about their actions - and instead just react to environmental pressures. The momentum behind the logistics of our civilization is too great and the constraints too tight to allow for the luxury of what is Best for Everyone (TM). In the end its just a question of numbers, there are too many people.

That's why I don't really worry anymore about the melting permafrost, the billions of poor starving humans or the water droughts. Now I just run the AC up high for my own comfort, eat the healthiest food I can afford and throw away dozens of plastic cups and plates a week (to save water and fuck washing dishes). Me and my own will adapt and thrive in this brave new world or not. Worrying about it all is just so tiresome. I don't see the point in wasting my time proselytizing about pollution to humans, except when I need to make myself feel good by elevating my ego above the rest and show everyone how much better than them I am, like this.

Yeah that felt good.

TL;DR: If you think pollution and global warming are the greatest problems of our time, the easiest solution to improve things is literally to kill yourself IRL. Well, it would be better if you took as many with you as possible first.

Now if more people went ahead and did that I wouldn't have to take responsibility for my actions... Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    But but what if climate change isn't true and we are just reducing pollution and making the world generally better place for nothing?
    Well, then at least we will have a better world?

If along the way we make things worse for some (ie. most) people, that's just the cost of progress! You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs after all.

Last edited by Neoo Gabriel; September 10 2017 at 11:42:29 AM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    Usually when the sea retracts like that it's as a result of an undersea earthquake and when it finally comes back it's a tsunami - check out some of videos of the 2004 tsunami in Thailand. Even without the earthquake I would stay the fuck away from the beaches as you don't know how it's going to be when the sea returns.

yes, normally this is something you see with a tsunami, but this is just a result of lower pressure elsewhere over a fairly shallow sea. i think it's back already, but when this happens you don't get tsunami style waves, rather a fairly slow return as the low pressure moves away.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post

yes, normally this is something you see with a tsunami, but this is just a result of lower pressure elsewhere over a fairly shallow sea. i think it's back already, but when this happens you don't get tsunami style waves, rather a fairly slow return as the low pressure moves away.
    Ah k... anyway a better version of that twatter video is here

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    What this thread lacked was a sociopath.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Because there have never been any hurricanes in the past

dude