hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3037383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: God Hates America (Natural Disaster Thread)

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    TIL Portugal is America.
    This is the Natural Disaster Thread, also: God Hates America.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

and just like that the 1.5c goalpost evaporates into wishful thinking and becomes a 2c goalpost overnight, not that we've got a chance to hit that in the first place

reminder, 4c is generally considered the "OH MY FUCKING GOD EVERYBODY IS GOING TO DIE AS CIVILIZATION AND THE ENTIRE FUCKING BIOSPHERE COLLAPSES!" threshold.

also, this.

Last edited by Liare; November 1 2018 at 08:55:05 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

it has been an honor to shitpost with you, faggots

F

So my mom’s town burned down today.

https://www.kron4.com/amp/news/calif...mpression=true

We’re not 100% sure that her home burned, but from what we can gather pretty much the entire town is up in smoke.

So my mom’s town burned down today.

https://www.kron4.com/amp/news/calif...mpression=true

We’re not 100% sure that her home burned, but from what we can gather pretty much the entire town is up in smoke.
    JHC... I know there has been devastating fires (almost) every year now but that shit is a new level. I'm sorry for any potential loss/harm to your moms home/stuff.
    Picture from reddit, looks like a fucking game*. Partly because I expect to see that in game and not real life.

Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/commen...nt_down_today/

* disclaimer just in case I'm being trolled by reddit OP and it is from a game. These days shit heads do shitty things for carma
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I'm 130 miles away and I can smell the smoke. The news claims that Paradise is gone. People driving out with trees on both sides of the road burning. Having to abandon cars and run for it. They evacuated the hospital but it sounds really grim. CNN claims the fire was growing at 80 football fields/minute.

Sorry about your Mom's house Lachesis, I hope that she is safe.

Flames heading towards Chico, population 90k, with 1 of the three main roads out closed.

Edit: Eastern Chico is being evacuated. Fuck me I wouldn't like to have to supervise that.
    Last edited by Nax; November 9 2018 at 11:32:33 AM.

A bad day to be an insurer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A bad day to be an insurer...
    Fire was started by trump blowing too much hot air, so force majoure, claim denied.

@Lachesis: sad to hear that.

@Lowa: no idea if that's a game, but the cars look suspiciously old in that picture. An oldtimer in the front and the one in the background looks like a chasis from the 1950s/1960s. So not a game, but perhaps an old picture of a fire.

Jeez, I hope everyone got out. Scary things those fires when they start moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

@Lowa: no idea if that's a game, but the cars look suspiciously old in that picture. An oldtimer in the front and the one in the background looks like a chasis from the 1950s/1960s. So not a game, but perhaps an old picture of a fire.
    rebuilt old timer hot rods are a thing, especially in Cali, but you could be right

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

The wind is blowing all of that right over where I live this morning.

It looks and smells outside. Like there is a wood fire down the road, not over 200 miles away.
    meh

No man, that’s Paradise. Tons of old cars up there, though tbh lots of them don’t run and just sit there rusting. It’s a very poor part of the state. Pretty sure I know where that photo was taken.

In the meantime looks like my mom and her cat are moving in with me and my GF in our tiny 500sqft house in Seattle...

No man, that’s Paradise. Tons of old cars up there, though tbh lots of them don’t run and just sit there rusting. It’s a very poor part of the state. Pretty sure I know where that photo was taken.

In the meantime looks like my mom and her cat are moving in with me and my GF in our tiny 500sqft house in Seattle...
    Good luck. 500 sqft is pretty small for four people to be comfortable, but on the bright side, Seattle is pretty awesome, so you have that.

Hope everything is ok with your Mom (and her Cat).

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Good luck. 500 sqft is pretty small for four people to be comfortable, but on the bright side, Seattle is pretty awesome, so you have that.

Hope everything is ok with your Mom (and her Cat).
    She’s distraught, but things could have been worse.

We’ve been planning on having her move up to Seattle in the near future anyways; we just didn’t expect it this soon or under these circumstances. We were hoping to wait until we got a bigger place. If mom’s home did burn down, I guess I’ll be moving in the near future. 3 people, 3 cats, and a dog are too much for a home this small.

At least 5 deaths in the paradise fire, "all in vehicles that where overcome by flames".
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    At least 5 deaths in the paradise fire, "all in vehicles that where overcome by flames".
    One hopes the smoke got them first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

Nightmarish way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I didn't want to say but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    One can hope. I can’t imagine staying in the car and not trying to run if I were conscious, even if the outside was firey.

But this fire moved really fast, and the evacuation was not orderly. A lot of people abandoned their cars and trapped people on the road behind them. I’m sure there will be more fatalities confirmed. This was also a retirement town full of old and disabled folks. A lot of people without the means to evacuate quickly.

My mother should be here in a few hours; I’ve seen some pictures of her neighborhood, I’m almost certain her house is gone. Even if it wasn’t, I can’t imagine that she’d want to move back to a destroyed town at her age.

Do I get the “millennial failure” achievement if I end up living with my mother in my 30s even if it’s because her whole town burned down because of wildfire?