hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: God Hates America (Natural Disaster Thread)

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    The illusion, or rather, the misunderstanding of private ownership of land means here is pretty striking. It is more like... right for private EXCLUSIVE USE of land conditional on continued payment of taxes, barring eminent domain requirements (which can be corrupted by developers). I would claim that at least in America all land is ultimately public, because the government, acting under the power of all people, has ultimate rights on what to do with land. It's just that for convenience, private property (land) is kept with responsible custodians that maintain its productiveness (either through payment of taxes, farming, commerce or industry) and are able to trade the ownership of that "property" at will, but meanwhile they can exercise exclusive access to that land.

Just TRY and see what happens if you don't pay property taxes in a city. I assume it's the same for farmland too, but that the property taxes there would be easier to cope with, and there may even be some places in the USA where there is no land tax, so I guess that would be the closest thing to true ownership of land (but the government can always force a sale).

We are all just leasing land and fooling ourselves to think we "own" it. Kek.

On that note, RIP in pieces Florida:

Spoiler:

I'm sure somebody missed you, somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    He's back!

This looks like a proper grade A cunt:

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh appeared to indicate that he was evacuating his Florida home, just days after expressing skepticism about the seriousness of Hurricane Irma and floating unfounded theories about why media outlets were aggressively covering the looming storm.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/medi...rma/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    This looks like a proper grade A cunt:

Conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh appeared to indicate that he was evacuating his Florida home, just days after expressing skepticism about the seriousness of Hurricane Irma and floating unfounded theories about why media outlets were aggressively covering the looming storm.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/08/medi...rma/index.html
    Yeah no shit

I would expect that anyone here that knows they live in a flood zone would have moved out. For those of you in the peninsula that live in higher elevations, you still need to take the winds seriously. It will rip out roofs and flatten wooden homes (and some shit brick ones too). Winds over 100mph for hours on end is not a joke... that moving air and rain mass will obliterate anything not sturdily built. I hope DC and others living inland have stocked up on food and water. Remember that if water packets are sold out you can get water from canned foods (which you can also eat). Also find a way to cover windows facing the direction of the wind with wood panels or even old mattresses (nail them into the wall with those massive nails).

Hide your car on the other side of the house if possible and with no room in garage with windshield facing wind, to reduce wind profile and possible damage, and maybe anchor the car to something strong. Also if possible also chain a padded cover made of steel or a half wooden table top (with a glued padding against windshield) over windshield by passing the cable around the wheel wells and over the top bag holders), to prevent damage, but hide inside a house bathtub or an inner windowless room, because the car can still be hit by large debris like wooden beams and impale you.

Notice that the cone is the probability spread for the CENTER, or the eye of the hurricane. Anything North to East of where the eye goes through will be leveled. The rest will suffer significant but not as bad damage. The storm surge approximation is as shown above, darkest color means 3+ meters above normal.

Godspeed Miami.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    The illusion, or rather, the misunderstanding of private ownership of land means here is pretty striking. It is more like... right for private EXCLUSIVE USE of land conditional on continued payment of taxes, barring eminent domain requirements (which can be corrupted by developers). I would claim that at least in America all land is ultimately public, because the government, acting under the power of all people, has ultimate rights on what to do with land. It's just that for convenience, private property (land) is kept with responsible custodians that maintain its productiveness (either through payment of taxes, farming, commerce or industry) and are able to trade the ownership of that "property" at will, but meanwhile they can exercise exclusive access to that land.

Just TRY and see what happens if you don't pay property taxes in a city. I assume it's the same for farmland too, but that the property taxes there would be easier to cope with, and there may even be some places in the USA where there is no land tax, so I guess that would be the closest thing to true ownership of land (but the government can always force a sale).

We are all just leasing land and fooling ourselves to think we "own" it. Kek.

On that note, RIP in pieces Florida:

Spoiler:

I require a sample to validate the claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Looking like the eye of the storm is gonna pass directly over my town according to the latest projections. JUSTICE.

Spoiler for the end of Life is Strange

Spoiler:
    For real. But its an easy choice.
      Spoiler:
    Enjoy the free pressure washing. Also please stay safe and all that. If it's uphill all around you you're in the wrong place.

Looking like the eye of the storm is gonna pass directly over my town according to the latest projections. JUSTICE.

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
    I hope you have some guns for home defense after the looting starts

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Friend is in disneyland florida, the funny jokes about whether or not he can swim are getting less funny

Is he dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Spoiler:
      Spoiler:
    Good plan for survival is to eat the looters

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Friend is in disneyland florida, the funny jokes about whether or not he can swim are getting less funny

Is he dead?

It is called Disney World, Disney Land is Los Angeles.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Anyone looting in central Florida would have to have a death wish lol, tons of heavily armed rednecks

I personally know at least one person with an arsenal living down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Is he dead?

It is called Disney World, Disney Land is Los Angeles.
    Across the pond the terms are used interchangeably, neat i guess

So, after the hurricane, will there be more "Florida man" stories, or less?

So is florida fucked or what?