hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Knives. (Edgy title)

Aye, I mostly go hiking more than camping. So head up a mountain for 6 hours then head home, so no real use for a larger knife atm. Aiming to pick up rock climbing again next year though and start camping off the beaten track more as a consequence, so will probably look into a fixed blade knife then.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    I'm sure they won't also use my steak knives, chef's knife, hatchet, chainsaw, fillet knife and knitting needles. Glad we agree.
    The knives you posted at the top are concealable and portable, none of the others mentioned above are.
    They're hunting/bushcraft knives not the stabmaster 4000.
    I wonder if Sp4m considers the danger posed by being shanked with his own broken bong

Smuggo
    obv nobody in this thread has been stabbed so whatever.

fucking idiots.
    ???

What does that have to do with anything?

fucking idiots.
    ???

Well you clearly don't get the whole "knives are bad and you should only buy them if you use it for camping or cooking" thing

its kinda the same as ameritards saying guns are fine as long as u get a permit... it ain't imo.

Smuggo

fucking idiots.
    ???

Well you clearly don't get the whole "knives are bad and you should only buy them if you use it for camping or cooking" thing

its kinda the same as ameritards saying guns are fine as long as u get a permit... it ain't imo.
    Camping and stuff is exactly what these knives are for though so why getting so mad?

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Leatherman multis are the best you whore

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    (knife) Fight me IRL you slut!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

fucking idiots.
    actually, i have been stabbed in my right hip as it happens. joys of working as a store manager in the roughest estates in scotland. is much scarier being threatened with needles tbh. your views are pretty odd though, a mature man with no history of violence can't own a tool because criminals might get hold of the things they already have full access to anyway due to it being entirely legal to buy and very cheap. what exactly is your point?

fucking idiots.
    ???

Except that a knife is a tool that is used for a multitude of practical purposes, and a gun is a tool with the single purpose of killing.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

fucking idiots.
    I can't really tell if you're serious nobody can be this daft

scar of glancing stab wound i took in hip. about 9 years ago now so pretty faded.

so now we've established knives can be dangerous and i don't really care, can we move on?

We need to see the wound minus the pants

I have a Leatherman multitool and a Victorinox Spartan swiss army knife. Not sure where the multitool is and the swiss army knife serves solely as a can opener and cork screw. I was given them both in my teens, never needed anything else tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Ok. Well, thats your opinion.

Mine is that people who collect knives are idiots.

I also unfortunately have been around a lot of knives, a lot of people who think "Knives are cool" and some of them have much bigger marks than these pathetic scratches that have been linked.

Anyway, obviously your going to do it anyway, but I would strongly advise you don't buy any.

Yes they can be collected, yes they can be used for camping, but the only knife collection I'll ever own will be in my CS:GO inventory and anyone who thinks its a good idea is retarded in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I have a Leatherman multitool and a Victorinox Spartan swiss army knife. Not sure where the multitool is and the swiss army knife serves solely as a can opener and cork screw. I was given them both in my teens, never needed anything else tbh.
    See that I can agree with, swiss army knives are great for camping.

when was the last time you needed a 6 inch blade to put up a tent and put a peg in for fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Ok. Well, thats your opinion.

Mine is that people who collect knives are idiots.

I also unfortunately have been around a lot of knives, a lot of people who think "Knives are cool" and some of them have much bigger marks than these pathetic scratches that have been linked.

Anyway, obviously your going to do it anyway, but I would strongly advise you don't buy any.

Yes they can be collected, yes they can be used for camping, but the only knife collection I'll ever own will be in my CS:GO inventory and anyone who thinks its a good idea is retarded in my eyes.
    We have established you are a massive whopper so your frame of reference is somewhat janky. Its fucking obvious to anyone who isnt a retard that knives can be dangerous. Thanks for assuming we needed you to tell us though. Positive contribution as always
    No problem, you clearly don't need reminding if its such a fucking good idea.

fucking idiots.
    No, but I was hit by a car once. Should I go sperging in the Car Thread about potentially dangerous vehicle designs that could be used to mow people down?

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    What are you going to use the knives for?
    nothing in particular. most likely just opening stuff, prying stuff apart. the kinds of things you use a tool like a knife for. I work 3 different jobs (1 paid, 2 voluntary) and find myself pretty regularly having to going and find 'something' to open/pry/cut, and end up trying to pry open paint cans with scissors or open boxes using pens/keys. a simple sturdy blade would be nice to have.
    So your main use for carrying a lethal weapon around isnt even to cut stuff with its fucking blade? It's just to lever things open, something you could use a screwdriver (which you presumably already own) for.

Sounds sensible.

would it make you feel better if I double pinky swear not to stab anyone? I'd feel a bit demeaned doing so, but i'm happy to for your peace of mind.