hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: X4: Foundations

What things were broken in XR for you, Sp4m?

Things found wonky in XR could be ironed out for X4. Possibly even XR too as there's a beta open for feedback at the moment.
    Now I have a T2 gun. Ho, ho, ho.

SHC '10 and proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkus Volundar View Post
    What things were broken in XR for you, Sp4m?

Things found wonky in XR could be ironed out for X4. Possibly even XR too as there's a beta open for feedback at the moment.
    The trade system, you could start a game, play for about 3 hours and then the whole galaxy was empty of resources :/ even with gas/liquid and mass extractors ect...

also URV's. system was completely fucked, you build this random customer URV factory, and for whatever reason (Don't ask me why I still haven't figured it out) all the ships need URV's, they are like cargo lifters and shit to transfer goods between station and ship, and NOBODY HAS FUCKING ANY OF THEM they are COMPLETELY DEPLETED within about 3 hours of the game and your manufactoring capacity CANNOT KEEP UP

its shit, broken, and it fucks me off tbh, as the game could have been at least playable, let alone great.

After rage deleting the game when I first played, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt when they released Teladi Outpost and drove myself through a proper play through. It was actually going ok until all the URVs broke and my ships refused to move because they were waiting for non-existent URVs to dock.

Bugs and weird design decisions aside, the one thing that always irritated me the most was the interior textures of the skunk. If you're going to force a single ship on the players, at least make it look vaguely inviting. This was released at around the same time as Elite Dangermouse, and yet those textures looked like something from 10 years earlier.

Can you even build a spaceweed farm though....

Ah yeah, the economy. Might relate to the low NPC production rates of Fusion Reactors and Reinforced Metal Plating. Initial surplesses tend to dry up by the time the player considers building stations for making those, and those items are needed to build stations... Piracy against the PMC tends to be my work-around for that. Although this might not be your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic View Post
    Can you even build a spaceweed farm though....
    Yes, but a space PR agency renamed them to things like the Spice Plantation. On the bright side, the cops don't shoot the stations.

SHC '10 and proud.

2nd Livestream:
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenon_Slayer
    Now on YouTube!

SHC '10 and proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkus Volundar View Post
    If anyone is interested in some additional info about X4, Egosoft provided a lot of answers to questions relating to the 1st X4 livestream.
    The Q&A thread has been updated with more of them from the 2nd Livestream.

There's a focus on station construction/gameplay and the galaxy layout but various other bits and bobs were discussed.

The new entries are easy to spot below a line with the date of 3rd October.

SHC '10 and proud.

The 3rd livestream is scheduled for 13 December at 20:00 CET (11:00 PST / 14:00 EST / 19:00 GMT):

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundatio...december_13th/

SHC '10 and proud.

Screw that other 'X' noise.

Looks much better than that other unfinished one. Would pay money for this as long as its not broken strait out of the box (unlikely).

Nov 30th.
    Last edited by Skeptic; October 3 2018 at 12:09:28 PM.

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Screw that other 'X' noise.

Looks much better than that other unfinished one. Would pay money for this as long as its not broken strait out of the box (unlikely).

Nov 30th.
    I completely forgot they were making this, huh

Well that X4 trailer certainly seems like a step in the right direction...

>walking in stations, again
    bahahahahah

dem tits at 1:38 doe

i wont hold my breath, i like how all the aliens walk like humans. sterling work.

'Gameplay' vid:

This looks promising.
    Special player HQ sounds like shit, it always felt forced and unbalanced in previous games but hey, hardly a new issue.

More sensibly they look like they've learned a fair bit from X:Afterbirth, so that's good.
    Also, Teladianianianianianium and Paranid confirmed to be in the first release.

Not a hard lesson to learn - basically forget Afterbirth ever existed and remake X3 with all the bits in the suggestions thread. Saw flashes of those dumb hyperlanes at the end of the vid though, so clearly they're keeping some of newer mechanics. X will always be a slightly clunky and simplistic space game, but as long as they stick to what they're good at and avoid the temptation to be edgy and different (remember the on rails shooter mission in X2?), it should be just be fine.

Not touching it for months until it's either confirmed good unbelievably awesome or patched a bit crew o/
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

I'll wait a couple weeks, see where it's at. Elite Dangerous has to really impress me to get me back with their latest shit patches. This would be so fun to have if done right.

Still haven't gone back to Rebirth.

This is confirmed released on Friday, the minimum system specs are pretty beefy and I am now thinking my rig wont cut it. Apart from this statement Egosoft have not released anything at all since the trailer at the start of the month.

- Intel i5-4590 3.3GHz or AMD equivalent, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 780/970 or AMD equivalent (Vulkan support required), 12 GB available space.

Running a i7-2700@4.9gz and 8gb of 2400gz RAM so it is going to be close, quess can just buy it on steam then refund it if it bricks.

Running a i7-2700@4.9gz and 8gb of 2400gz RAM so it is going to be close
    https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compar...590/1985vs2604