hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: [MEETUP] Transcontinental Sausage Fest 13-16 July 2018: The Great FHC Slavique.

That's quite an ambitious drive you've planned there, matey. Are you sure you're up to it?
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Jesus that's... quite a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    That's quite an ambitious drive you've planned there, matey. Are you sure you're up to it?
    Yeah, I thought about it for quite some time after we exchanged messages. I'm wondering though, is it still that much, even if I have 8.5 days (20-22 hours of riding)?

I can drop Ljubljana and head straight to the destination and cut a corner here and there, but my obsession with a particular part of the road is what is putting me so much far to the west.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Yeah, I thought about it for quite some time after we exchanged messages. I'm wondering though, is it still that much, even if I have 8.5 days (20-22 hours of riding)?

I can drop Ljubljana and head straight to the destination and cut a corner here and there, but my obsession with a particular part of the road is what is putting me so much far to the west.
    It's perfectly doable, but you'll be absolutely fucked by the time you get to the booze sanctuary. If one has problems with sitting for so long that could be a real problem. You could cut corners by going on the autobahn as far west as possible, though, but autobahn riding has its own set of gotchas, such as watching the fuckers in cars all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post

It's perfectly doable, but you'll be absolutely fucked by the time you get to the booze sanctuary. If one has problems with sitting for so long that could be a real problem. You could cut corners by going on the autobahn as far west as possible, though, but autobahn riding has its own set of gotchas, such as watching the fuckers in cars all the time.
    If i remember correctly the motorways up there in italy are like 80% short tunnels which sounds especially terrifying for that.

So I decided to listen to you and completely got rid off the Swiss part of the tour. I will still go west, but do a loop (Silvretta, inb4 im super disappointed) and enter Italy via the Reschen pass.
    I added a bunch of rough waypoints in google maps and ended up with a route that is roughly the same km/time wise. Lol.

Maps

Spoiler:

Lots of work left on the Italy/Dolomites part of the trip, I just noticed that I am a bit too far north. Too many nice roads there.

Basically I will need to do 2.5h riding a day. Considering I took the 2 weeks vacation with exactly this in mind, I should be able to manage.
    If my knee starts complaining, and thats my only fear, I will cut corners and take shortcuts on the autobahn. There is also a lot of room for optimization towards the end of the trip.
    Last edited by Tyrehl; May 30 2018 at 09:53:27 PM.
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

We could meet up in Bad vellach for the final pass ride to Logarska Drunkasfucka.

Here's a video of the last part of your ride:

Hotels/apartments and rental car are booked for the trip. We were even quite frugal.

Mostly.

Oh and the Varazdin airshow tickets are 30 kuna if you order them now, they will be 45 kuna at the show. However Eventim adds so many charges even for print at home, that printing at home would be 45 kuna as well.

"Get fucked."

Elriche, philosopher
    nevar forget

Rich German overlords complaining about 6€ tickets pffffft

The surcharges are more than the tickets themselves you silly Nazi-Slav.

One month until the epic bow and arrow liquor powered battle royale in Slovenian alps begins!

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    if Smarnca falls down a cliff after drinking too much somebody take a picture, I won't be certain that pure idiocy can be killed until I see the body.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    if Smarnca falls down a cliff after drinking too much somebody take a picture, I won't be certain that pure idiocy can be killed until I see the body.
    Fuck off

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Fuck off
    can you blame a man for wanting to be sure?

Fuck off
    I'll take a selfie and send it to you

Fuck off
    Why are you such a complete utter piece of shit on a regular basis, does it make you so hard to be ridiculed at every step for being a complete waste of oxygen?

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Fuck off
    Why are you such a complete utter piece of shit on a regular basis, does it make you so hard to be ridiculed at every step for being a complete waste of oxygen?
    yap yap yap good doggo

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Fuck off
    See? this is all I ever wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Fuck off
    See? this is all I ever wanted

I was only pretending to be a cunt