hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artifact Hunting

Re: Artifact Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Maksim
    I am tired of ratting and doing missions, so this sounds like a fun thing to try.

Are there extensions directly related to this activity?
    Do "Basic Geology" and "Advanced Geology" have an effect? It is not clear from the skill description.
    There is are 2 skills, One oddly enough named: Artifact Scanning , that increases your scan range and Two: Basic Geochemistry which increases your scan accuracy.

And yeah, you can get your scan accuracy over 100%

I triggered one of the Overseer Stash IIIs last night. I ran away to refit and when I came back, the NeX boys were attacking the smaller of the two...so I aggrod the big one and kited him around the building until they popped him. Loot was all mine.

The point (besides :smug is that it's instanced to start with, but after a time it becomes visible to all.

ALSO, make sure you have room in your cargo. The cans don't stick around.

aka Mitix

http://foom.electric-mayhem.org/wiki/artifact_hunting

Check that link out. Gives a breakdown on what the different names of the sites mean and what you can expect.

aka Mitix

So I gave this a shot last night in my lil waspish, couldnt really get my head around it until i downloaded the FOOM scanning app which made it super easy. Got within about 200m of a scientific remains thingy, but it was literally right next to a 3L 2A spawn point so i left it alone. Probed out 2 more sites and got a T0 mod from each plus some scraps which all combined is worth about ... nothing. So far im a little dissapointed.

so would you brutors say this is more profitable than transport missions?

With out using any brain power no it is a pain in the ass, going to give it another go this time not just randomly walking and dropping probes but doing the math instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Panda View Post
    so would you brutors say this is more profitable than transport missions?
    I am now running around in an Arb with a complete T2 fit and I have enough NIC in my wallet to get 2 more.. And a stash of Niani stuff (basically T3) that I cant sell because I don't have enough market orders.. Oh.. and 2 Mk2 TCs that I haven't bothered to try and sell yet.

So yeah, pretty profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

well shieeet. i'll have to try it. a shame i wasted so much EP on my battle badger.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Panda View Post
    well shieeet. i'll have to try it. a shame i wasted so much EP on my battle badger.
    It's also dangerous as I just lost said arb to a pack of ewar rats.

Ran around earlier with my full fleet (scanning argano, sequer for loots, and baphomet for hostiles), that was slow and hard work. Changed it out for a tanked sequer with scanner (will be swapping it out for a shield tanked one later) my speed went up massively, and if I found any decent combat sites (infestation III's etc.) I would then send my artemis out to join the party. Less is most definitely more

Has any one tried the foom scanning tool? all I get when I run the installation fraps installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Has any one tried the foom scanning tool? all I get when I run the installation fraps installed.
    I have, its quite good. Its not actually helping me be any faster but what it is doing is letting me use less of the expensive 5000m probes.. I can usually get it down to 2000m or less with 3 probes and then another 1 or 2 to get it in to the 500m range..

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    I have, its quite good. Its not actually helping me be any faster but what it is doing is letting me use less of the expensive 5000m probes.. I can usually get it down to 2000m or less with 3 probes and then another 1 or 2 to get it in to the 500m range..
    Care to explain how you got it working, when I run the package it unpacks an MSI then starts a fraps installation

Care to explain how you got it working, when I run the package it unpacks an MSI then starts a fraps installation
    Umm.. I downloaded the exe file and ran it... Perhaps you need to clear out your temp file in windows?

Put the file into a folder of it's own (with nothing else in it) and then run it. It's not a bug per se in the Scanapp installer as much as it is a "feature" (Yeah, we're talking Micro$oft here afterall) in .NET 4 Framework. And YES, it's maddeningly annoying "feature".

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Umm.. I downloaded the exe file and ran it... Perhaps you need to clear out your temp file in windows?
    I also tried running it on my work laptop that has been rebuilt in the last week so definitely has nothing to do with previous fraps installs.