hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: [TMA] PVP Solo Fits

[TMA] PVP Solo Fits

So yeah, I was wondering what are some good solo/+1 bro fits for some low skilled nub like me? And don't do that Arkhe squishy noob spider garbage please.

Re: [TMA] PVP Solo Fits

Castel:

Highs - Demobilizer
    Mids - 4x light missile launcher w/ some of each pure damage type (100% kin, therm, seis)
    Lows - Lightweight + Plate

Logically, it wouldn't make sense to fit a lightweight + plate because in theory they nullify one another, but their drawbacks are minor enough that you still benefit strongly from both. I'm lead to believe that the armor penalty from the lightweight frame only subtracts from the base armor, not base + plate HP.

Ideally you stay at your max missile range, which is about 150m, and then web targets when they dip into 120m. For lone Sequers trying to run level 3 couriers, switch to chemoactive light missiles and keep them webbed as well as you can. With demobilizing trained to 3, your web will do -40% speed - even moreso when they undoubtedly have a lightweight frame fit (-60%).

Edit: Keep a SynTec or T1 small repper in your cargo so you can switch out at a beta outpost and repair when needed

It also occurs to me that everyone's second lowest resist is Chemical.. At least for missiles this explains why they are the hardest to skill for (haven't looked at the others), but it would seem like a good ammo choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Chemoactive only do partial chemical damage. You're better off keeping some of the pure damage type ammos.

I wouldn't mind knowing soloing in the laser bots, particularly the Promethius. Would I do a similar fit (web, 4x lasers, plate, nano) and tactics?

How viable are the light bots? Are there lots of players also running around solo in light bots? Or is it in eve where everyone is blobbing around in mechs with ewar support?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohh_No View Post
    Chemoactive only do partial chemical damage. You're better off keeping some of the pure damage type ammos.
    Missiles and afaik all other types always do a part of their "racial" damage so your always going to lose dmg vs the race that's strong to you so a mixed gang could be important.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohh_No View Post
    I'm lead to believe that the armor penalty from the lightweight frame only subtracts from the base armor, not base + plate HP.
    I was curious about this, so I did a bit of testing. With my skills, in my Baphomet:
    Base armour: 1440 HP
    Base armour + standard lightweight frame: 1044 HP (-27.5%)
    With Standard Light Plate: 1800 HP
    With Standard Light Plate + Lightweight frame: 1305 HP (-27.5% less than plate).

Speeds were 64.1 km/h, 80.2 km/h, 60.5 km/h and 74.5 km/h respectively. This was on a stripped bot with no other mods.

It's fairly obvious that the lightweight frame applies it's armour reduction to total armour, not just base. It's also interesting to note that the plate actually gave me +360 HP, not just the +300 that it shows in Information, so skills that increase armour also apply to plates.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena Silk View Post
    I wouldn't mind knowing soloing in the laser bots, particularly the Promethius. Would I do a similar fit (web, 4x lasers, plate, nano) and tactics?

How viable are the light bots? Are there lots of players also running around solo in light bots? Or is it in eve where everyone is blobbing around in mechs with ewar support?
    I've had some success ganking miners in beta in my Yagel (I know, not exactly a great PvP achievement). I tried something similar to this fit, but ended up dropping the plate. The EHP bonus is not worth the loss in speed. A lot of people are out in assault bots and if you let one catch you in a light bot, they could care less if you have a plate fitted or not. The extra speed helps you get away and to catch up to targets. There is a reason all the Perpetuum vets say that Nav 10 is mandatory.

The only time a plate would matter is in a light bot 1v1. I have yet to get such a fight, but have died twice to assault bots because I was just a little bit too slow.

repper+lwf ftw alot of places where damage against you can be reduced or is sporadic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix Tyrionn View Post
    repper+lwf ftw alot of places where damage against you can be reduced or is sporadic.
    lwf?? What is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    lwf?? What is that?
    Light weight frame